PDA

View Full Version : NSX vid on ph forums

nobby
19-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Not sure if this is repost ... Sorry if it is!

not a bad wee shoot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn8IQDgd5Dc

anyone know the owner of the NSX

simonprelude
19-03-2013, 11:26 PM
.......and the point is? Besides showing the NSX driver can't change gear.

nobby
20-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Dont shoot the messenger! :)

.......and the point is? Besides showing the NSX driver can't change gear.

drmikey
20-03-2013, 08:20 AM

Nice Vid. Wouldnt mind doing a back to back test with a 355

simonprelude
20-03-2013, 09:22 AM

Lol, hardly a comparison video is it.

Half a dozen drive by shots is what I'd describe it as ;)

This is still my favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU4xD7-SUa4

nobby
20-03-2013, 09:35 AM
:)

I agree its NOT a comparison video, but i stuck it up as it featured an NSX ... some decent footage but NOT informative at all about either car ... 2 nice cars out for a jolly which happened to be filmed (intentionally of course!)

drmikey
20-03-2013, 09:38 AM
:)

I agree its NOT a comparison video, but i stuck it up as it featured an NSX ... some decent footage but NOT informative at all about either car ... 2 nice cars out for a jolly which happened to be filmed (intentionally of course!)

Well said ;)

People shouldn't be discouraged from posting things like this. I hadn't seen this one before anyway. It certainly is a good comparison of the respective exhaust notes!

paulc
20-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Nice Vid. Wouldnt mind doing a back to back test with a 355

In my experience the NA1 struggles to keep up with the 355

Senninha
20-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Not seen this one before and dont recognise the NSX either .... appears to be running decats and judging by the number of limiter hits I'd be looking to replace the oil pump pretty soon ... nice roads for a hoon!

Thanx for posting

Papalazarou
20-03-2013, 10:03 AM
In my experience the NA1 struggles to keep up with the 355

I think an NA1 with the right manifold back exhaust should keep up pretty well. But as standard, certainly on paper the Ferrari has another 100hp. However, I believe transmissions losses are higher for the F car.
Certainly I've looked at a few 355's over the years and the bill/fragility has always put me off. A shame as it's a great looking and sounding car. I see some of them are nearly making facelift money now;-)

Cheers.

paulc
20-03-2013, 10:18 AM
I think an NA1 with the right manifold back exhaust should keep up pretty well. But as standard, certainly on paper the Ferrari has another 100hp. However, I believe transmissions losses are higher for the F car.
Certainly I've looked at a few 355's over the years and the bill/fragility has always put me off. A shame as it's a great looking and sounding car. I see some of them are nearly making facelift money now;-)

Cheers.

I have non standard manifold and airbox fitted on mine, I think the biggest issue was the driver, me!!

NSX 2000
20-03-2013, 10:27 AM

SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!!!! go on SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!!!!!!

Sorry wrong website, thought I was on Pistonheads :D :( :eek:

simonprelude
20-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Cake or Death......

nobby
20-03-2013, 12:31 PM
I'll try not to take out of context! :)

DAVEMAT
20-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Don't think it's really about comparisons, it's an amateur video, about both cars of a certain era, not professional drivers, just 2 guys out having a bit of fun in 2 fantastic cars, that soo many people only dream about, good on em, I'm sure they both enjoyed themselves, and that's what it's all about! more videos please.

TheSebringOne
20-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Interesting that small flames came from the NSX, is that due to the non oem manifold & exhaust set up?

NSXGB
20-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Would say due to lack of cats.

Interesting that small flames came from the NSX, is that due to the non oem manifold & exhaust set up?

Problem Child
20-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Not sure if this is repost ... Sorry if it is!

not a bad wee shoot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn8IQDgd5Dc

anyone know the owner of the NSX

Nice vid....keep them coming! Makes me excited as I might be able to get mine out the garage this weekend!

gumball
21-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Always nice to some new NSX footage. Driving standard does drop a little sometimes when folks feel the need to 'perform' for the camera. ;)