PDA

View Full Version : Comptech supercharger group buy

TURBO2GO
05-03-2013, 12:23 PM
I wanted to make sure you guys are aware of the comptech supercharger group buy I put together over on Nsxprime. It will be ending on the 15th of the month. To secure pricing you need a $700 deposit, but you'll have months to actually pay for it.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/169031-Gauging-interest-Comptech-Superharger-Group-Buy (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/169031-Gauging-interest-Comptech-Superharger-Group-Buy)

nobby
05-03-2013, 06:15 PM
What is involved in getting this installed?

i take it an experienced mechanic would find it straightforward?

i know you stated that this is bolt on, but what bits are needed to be taken off and is there any additional stress on existing components?

AR
06-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I am by no means a mechanic. I just have a four years vocational diploma from when I did my training in a galaxy far far away a long time ago.

Here is the quick one.

Get your injectors cleaned, glow tested etc ( optional but recommended )

Fuel pump if yours is a bit old ( optional but recommended )

Fuel filter IMHO a must.

Spark plugs are a must SOS recommends iridiums ymmv.

Test pipes ( optional but recommended )

AFR gauge digital if you can get it with datalogging is useful.

Inline fuel pressure regulator.

Freer flowing airboxbor the Arymod box.

Assemble supercharger.

Get esm on.

Take off intake manifold.

Get suoercharger on, few checks on like pulleys etc. Fuel lines on and off RRFR on etc.

Check for fuel leaks etc.

Check AFR.

Adjust what you can.

Burn some rubber lol!

I can do it over a weekend, enjoying a few glasses of red along the way!

Cheers,

Ary

Sudesh
06-03-2013, 07:51 PM

i know you stated that this is bolt on, but what bits are needed to be taken off and is there any additional stress on existing components?

Is yellow that slow your thinking about a charger? You can trade it in for my e90 M3 lol

Problem Child
06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Is yellow that slow your thinking about a charger? You can trade it in for my e90 M3 lol

Thanks but no, I have a red NSX so dont need a supercharger thingy!:laugh:

TURBO2GO
06-03-2013, 10:04 PM

There is really nothing needed that isn't in the kit already, but you will get more power if you have an aftermarket exhaust system and some sort of better intake, at least a K&N filter. It comes with full instructions and an experienced mechanic can definitely get it installed, took my mechanic less than a day. Cleaning injectors and stuff, depends on your mileage and year. Is there any extra stress? Yes, there is always more stress as you ask an engine to produce more power. But this is as reliable a forced induction kit as I know of. I mean it was sold in the US through Acura dealers and they still warrantied the car. It is very low boost, modest in power increases, so the stress is very low. There are guys I know that have over 100K miles on their CTSC's, with a total of over 150K on their cars. Still running strong. You just have to make sure things on your motor are in good working order... Which they should be whether you have a supercharger or not. Make sure the install is done well, and TEST the car on a dyno with air fuel readings after the install to make sure all went ok. There is nothing else to do, there are no adjustments to make, there is no "tuning" on this kit. The group buy pricing is very good. Low as you'll ever see it. That's why the are 50 guys on the list.

nobby
07-03-2013, 08:17 AM
LOL, just curious at this stage!

a GB on something like this is interesting though ...

NSXGB
07-03-2013, 08:49 AM
LOL, just curious at this stage!

a GB on something like this is interesting though ...

....only one more week to decide!

TURBO2GO
12-03-2013, 02:15 PM
I am going to delay the end date until the end of the month because ct engineering has been delayed getting approved as a vendor.