PDA

View Full Version : oemacuraparts

jpspringall
26-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if oemacuraparts have stopped doing international shipping?

I've just tried to place an order, but the UK is no longer in the drop down.

If they have, does anyone know another alternative.

Preferably not Dali.

Thanks

James

NSXGB
26-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Did you see this thread?
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?10893-bad-news-from-one-of-our-american-suppliers

Science of Speed I'm sure will still supply to us in the UK although they will be more expensive than oemacuraparts.

goldnsx
27-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Why not send a copy of any names mentioned here to HUK or Honda America so they will know for sure where to intervene that not a single part ever leaves for Europe???

NSXGB
27-02-2013, 07:37 PM
I guess that was directed at me?
Honda could never stop SOS from selling to people outside the USA, that's why I suggested them.

Senninha
27-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Or if you have friends in the USA, arrange for supplies to be delivered and forwarded ... parts orignal delivery is still US therefore order should be no problem ...

britlude
27-02-2013, 10:06 PM
as i see it honda USA is not selling DIRECTLY overseas... nothing to stop them selling to an american business that may or may not have overseas customers.

or as i have been made aware, an american company suggesting another american company that acts as a forwarding agent....

note to self, must get some friends to move to america.....

A.S. Motorsport
27-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if oemacuraparts have stopped doing international shipping?

I've just tried to place an order, but the UK is no longer in the drop down.

If they have, does anyone know another alternative.

Preferably not Dali.

Thanks

James

We import directly from Honda, and a fraction of the cost of HUK or HEU
let me know if i can help you out, we can even do tax free sales.

Kaz-kzukNA1
27-02-2013, 11:47 PM
After reading several posts about this subject, spoke with Acura directly.
Nothing to do with Honda Japan or Honda UK.

In fact, Acura had this policy of not selling the parts outside of US for many years but not being forced hard enough to the franchise system until recently.

Unlike in Japan, there are many dealers not directly owned by Honda/Acura in US as well as in UK.
In Japan, most of the big Hodna dealers are directly owned or mainly owned by Honda Japan whereas outside of Japan, that is not the case.
For example, Norton Way, Chiswick Honda, etc in UK are very big Honda dealers as you can see from the size of their showroom but they are owned by the same Japanese trading company and not by Honda.

Recently in US, Acura just started pressing harder on this regulation across the country.

As 'Senninha' mentioned, if you have a friends in US, there is nothing wrong buying the parts through US residents.

Same goes to the followings.
You can hire just a normal US street address (not PO box at USPS offices) through major courier companies at very low annual fee and you can place the order to US Acura for the parts, have them delivered to this US address, then your courier company will deliver them to UK address and again, there is nothing wrong in doing this.

The only thing you may have difficulty is that your UK credit card address is not the same as the delivery address in US and thus, some of the parts people may not be happy with it but then, you can always use other methods for the payment.

Kaz

nobby
28-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks to Kaz and AS Motorsport, for welcoming posts to this very frustrating topic

Its still annoying that there cant be an open/honest list price for parts prices or even provide sensible reasoning for the major gulf that exists

I dont mind paying a bit extra for shipping to Europe and compensating for exchange rates, but its more than this for us UK owners.

Will defo check out ASM for parts prices when i need them

Nick Graves
28-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Adnan got me some OEM bits recently.

He kept me informed over a bit of a delay (I know some are scared of Dali because of such issues), so don't be afraid to order form AS Motorsports. Prices are good, too.

The dealer system per se is very anti-free market, as are most things these days.

goldnsx
28-02-2013, 12:39 PM
I guess that was directed at me?
Honda could never stop SOS from selling to people outside the USA, that's why I suggested them.
Of course they can. They just set SoS on a black list, so SoS won't get any parts from the official dealers anymore.

NSXGB
28-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Of course they can. They just set SoS on a black list, so SoS won't get any parts from the official dealers anymore.

I think you are being a little paranoid. This ain't no conspiracy theory.....or is it??

A.S. Motorsport
28-02-2013, 02:29 PM
They can do that indeed!
I've heard of it happening before both in Japan and US.

The part that's really odd is that Honda EU made a notice towards dealers, that they were trying to identify imports.

goldnsx
28-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I think you are being a little paranoid. This ain't no conspiracy theory.....or is it??
You can call my paranoid, no problem. I call some of the guys who discuss this here offically a little bit 'naive'. I've more problems with people discussing the alternatives in detail here on a forum. The 'enemy' is reading here too. Some of you may be pleased to have bought their parts at a cheapter price. But these people only shoot themselves and all the others in the foot. As the enemy is reading here too it's not a good thing to give them any 'hints' what to do next...Hondas incentive to force this price differentiation is very strong because they loose a LOT of money if they don't force it.

Some years ago Honda blocked the US parts catalog to EU visitors, it didn't last very long until you could reach it again. NOW, they block exports outside of the US, a much stronger restriction. How should they enforce such a restriction? Yes, by threatening not to supply any dealer with parts anymore or by taking the dealership away, simple as that. The threat worked great because the here-named dealer deleted all his contacts, so I wasn't able to reach them anymore under the old email-address.
Just my 0.02. Call me paranoid, I just have a trivial master degree in economics of the no-name university of Zurich. :)

NSXGB
28-02-2013, 04:53 PM
You can call my paranoid, no problem. I call some of the guys who discuss this here offically a little bit 'naive'. I've more problems with people discussing the alternatives in detail here on a forum. The 'enemy' is reading here too. Some of you may be pleased to have bought their parts at a cheapter price. But these people only shoot themselves and all the others in the foot. As the enemy is reading here too it's not a good thing to give them any 'hints' what to do next...Hondas incentive to force this price differentiation is very strong because they loose a LOT of money if they don't force it.

Some years ago Honda blocked the US parts catalog to EU visitors, it didn't last very long until you could reach it again. NOW, they block exports outside of the US, a much stronger restriction. How should they enforce such a restriction? Yes, by threatening not to supply any dealer with parts anymore or by taking the dealership away, simple as that. The threat worked great because the here-named dealer deleted all his contacts, so I wasn't able to reach them anymore under the old email-address.
Just my 0.02. Call me paranoid, I just have a trivial master degree in economics of the no-name university of Zurich. :)

I hear you, but I still don't agree on the same level. If the general consensus of members think it would be prudent to remove all related posts, it can be arranged.
Economics degree - pah! I have a Blue Peter badge.

Nick Graves
28-02-2013, 05:05 PM
I prefer the Austrian School...

NSX 2000
28-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Economics degree - pah! I have a Blue Peter badge.

Gold NSX might not get this referance. But just in case you are wondering, I did.

As NSXCB we did get a chance to quiz a Honda UK person at our tour of MUGEN, I say quiz Gary gave him a bit of a grilling iirc.

Anyway I am tempted to send him a link to this page and ask if Honda UK are willing to comment, however I do see where goldnsx is coming from and so this might not be a good idea.

I know a few NSXCB members have other old Hondas, how are you treated when it comes to getting parts for these cars?

Unfortunatley the NSX is not as common as say a Ford Mustang, MG, or Jaguar E Type, so nobody is going to start up a business doing parts just for the NSX. So do we know how other owners of rare cars like say the BMW M1 or Citroen SM get on with getting parts for their cars?

britlude
28-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I have a Blue Peter badge.

Nooooooo...

i've met David Bellamy if that counts....

anyway back on topic...

oemacuraparts no longer ships overseas

Nick Graves
28-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Gold NSX might not get this referance. But just in case you are wondering, I did.

As NSXCB we did get a chance to quiz a Honda UK person at our tour of MUGEN, I say quiz Gary gave him a bit of a grilling iirc.

Anyway I am tempted to send him a link to this page and ask if Honda UK are willing to comment, however I do see where goldnsx is coming from and so this might not be a good idea.

I know a few NSXCB members have other old Hondas, how are you treated when it comes to getting parts for these cars?

Unfortunatley the NSX is not as common as say a Ford Mustang, MG, or Jaguar E Type, so nobody is going to start up a business doing parts just for the NSX. So do we know how other owners of rare cars like say the BMW M1 or Citroen SM get on with getting parts for their cars?

Well, the Germans see their heritage as part of their brand image (ugh!) so that means you can pretty much source most bits via BMW Tradition. Since Honda seems to be embarrassed by its more illustrious heritage and seems hell-bent on a suicide bash, that is unlikely to occur.

Ultimately, owners' clubs have to organise limited production runs of prats - which invariably makes them colossally expensive. But less collossally expensive than one-offs.

Oily bits that are shared between rare & less rare (cf. DS & SM or Isabella & 2,3 Liter) are less of a problem, but bespoke bits such as glass & body panels often render such rarities as unusable - other than on club runs.

Then again, it's amazing how many old prats turn up decades later on Fleabay or at Expos...

Sudesh
01-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Amazed to read some of this! I buy allot of parts for my Honda ATVs/ATCs from US dealers, no issues at all with those! In fact one of the dealers got me a few NSX bits too.

A.S. Motorsport
01-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Well not only is HUK and HEU hugely expensive but nearly everything is in back order for months.
I have a few Honda dealers that purchase rare OE parts from me.

jpspringall
05-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi Adnan,

As you might have worked out that I have ordered the part from you.

James