PDA

View Full Version : I couldnt resist

drmikey
21-02-2013, 10:39 PM
I was offered this really really nice NA2 Manual Targa so I just couldnt refuse. I have the race car build on the go, but annoyed that it would never be a nice road car. So, problem solved!!

High miles and had light accident (bonnet, bumper replaced and wing repaired) but it drives superbly.

Sorry she is dirty, but literally just got her off the trailer.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/drmikey/Purple%20NSX/DSC01427_zpsfeaac660.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/drmikey/Purple%20NSX/DSC01424_zps3b8eff42.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/drmikey/Purple%20NSX/DSC01423_zpsd90fefa5.jpg

nobby
21-02-2013, 11:12 PM
i think i tried to buy this car a couple of years ago ... its a targa ... the quad tips and plate look familiar ... i think a trader got in before me

the oem wheels have been replaced with these : (

drmikey
21-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Pretty sure not - previous owner before the guy I bought it from (who put it right) owned it since 2002.

All purple NA2s are targa apparently!

Dont worry the wheels arent staying!

NZNick
22-02-2013, 03:56 AM
Is this really a 3.2l NA2?

All Midnight Pearl (PB73P) NSX produced for the UK market are NSX-T, in either 3.0l 5-speed manual NA1 (C30A engine), or 3.0l auto (F-matic) also with the engine code C30A NA1.

The R-prefix number plate suggest that this was first registered in the UK between 1/8/97 and 31/7/98.

NA2 C32B engined cars were not available in the UK in Midnight Pearl (PB73P paint code) - I know as I was trying to find one !!!

Papalazarou
22-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Is this really a 3.2l NA2?

All Midnight Pearl (PB73P) NSX produced for the UK market are NSX-T, in either 3.0l 5-speed manual NA1 (C30A engine), or 3.0l auto (F-matic) also with the engine code C30A NA1.

The R-prefix number plate suggest that this was first registered in the UK between 1/8/97 and 31/7/98.

NA2 C32B engined cars were not available in the UK in Midnight Pearl (PB73P paint code) - I know as I was trying to find one !!!

Not entirely true. There was at least one MP NA2 targa. It was a bit newer than this one and was featured on wrecked exotics after the owner span it and crimped both ends. It had an aftermarket front spoiler. I nearly bought it around five years ago, but found it was catD, so steered away. The owner at the time swore blind it had not been crashed, but it had needed a gearbox because the casing had been cracked. Anyway, boring story, but there's your UK NA2.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/nsx/nsx_20050417_002.shtml

Cheers.

drmikey
22-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Definitely an NA2 32b. Its a 1998

drmikey
22-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Not entirely true. There was at least one MP NA2 targa. It was a bit newer than this one and was featured on wrecked exotics after the owner span it and crimped both ends. It had an aftermarket front spoiler. I nearly bought it around five years ago, but found it was catD, so steered away. The owner at the time swore blind it had not been crashed, but it had needed a gearbox because the casing had been cracked. Anyway, boring story, but there's your UK NA2.

Cheers.

That pic isnt mine BTW

NSXGB
22-02-2013, 08:39 AM

Cheers.

Yep, I believe that was the '99 car, currently being broken for spares.

drmikey
22-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Yep, I believe that was the '99 car, currently being broken for spares.

There is someone on eBay selling lots of purple bits so I guess thats the car.

Papalazarou
22-02-2013, 09:05 AM
That pic isnt mine BTW

I should have stated it was the 99 car.

Cheers.

NZNick
22-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks for putting me right - I stand corrected. So there might be a straight, original MP NA2 out there somewhere?
(ever the optimist.....)

simonprelude
22-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Last owner change 02-Aug-03 and registered with the DVLA as Blue ;)

Pretty sure not - previous owner before the guy I bought it from (who put it right) owned it since 2002.

All purple NA2s are targa apparently!

Dont worry the wheels arent staying!

drmikey
22-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Last owner change 02-Aug-03 and registered with the DVLA as Blue ;)

2002-2003 - not far off

It did have a brief time on the DVLA as Blue for some strange reason. Originally registered as Purple and is Purple now. Unless someone decided to strip it back to bare shell, remove the sound deadening, respray it, refit the factory sound deadening and rebuild it in Blue and then do it all again to take it back to Purple of course!

Senninha
22-02-2013, 04:50 PM
2002-2003 - not far off

It did have a brief time on the DVLA as Blue for some strange reason. Originally registered as Purple and is Purple now. Unless someone decided to strip it back to bare shell, remove the sound deadening, respray it, refit the factory sound deadening and rebuild it in Blue and then do it all again to take it back to Purple of course!

You're the only we know crazy enough to try ;o)

A few minor tweaks and thats a lovely road car .... hows the race car project progressing? Wasn't it off to paint recently?

drmikey
22-02-2013, 05:56 PM
You're the only we know crazy enough to try ;o)

A few minor tweaks and thats a lovely road car .... hows the race car project progressing? Wasn't it off to paint recently?

Probably right there......although have you ever tried removing the sound deadening!!!

Yes a few slights mods (bilsteins and wheels already on their way) and perfect for summer. After a couple of days I must say I'm smitten. I also have a 996 Turbo but there is something special about it and I know I really am an NA guy at heart

Race car is still in the bodyshop........

Nick Graves
22-02-2013, 08:20 PM

Cheers.

I can see it's had a nose job with me glasses off. Why do people do denial!

Good luck with the car. When I go completely mental, I'll get a purple T too, for the day when the sun is shining.

drmikey
22-02-2013, 08:33 PM
I can see it's had a nose job with me glasses off. Why do people do denial!

Good luck with the car. When I go completely mental, I'll get a purple T too, for the day when the sun is shining.

I just want to re-iterate that one you are all referring to is not mine!!!

Sudesh
22-02-2013, 11:49 PM
I just want to re-iterate that one you are all referring to is not mine!!!

The one some are referring too is now in bits, it was purchased by a dismantler and parts being sold on ebay.

I've removed the sound deadening before, heavy old stuff when you bag it up and put it on the scales.

scottg
23-02-2013, 09:17 AM
The one some are referring too is now in bits, it was purchased by a dismantler and parts being sold on ebay.

I've removed the sound deadening before, heavy old stuff when you bag it up and put it on the scales.

Theres a guy on prime with a silver NA1 who has removed the sound deadening from the floor pans and rear bulkhead as well as the floor carpets and just refitted the mats all in his quest to save weight. It's bridge too far for me but then I could save the most weight in my car by a little more self control around the biscuit jar!

Sudesh
23-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Theres a guy on prime with a silver NA1 who has removed the sound deadening from the floor pans and rear bulkhead as well as the floor carpets and just refitted the mats all in his quest to save weight. It's bridge too far for me but then I could save the most weight in my car by a little more self control around the biscuit jar!

My car is like that, lost allot of weight, goes well too after the weight reduction!

drmikey
28-02-2013, 07:04 PM
New wheels, shocks/springs and a quick wash over (very quick!) and it was getting dark.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/drmikey/nsxwithwheels_zps16cb029b.jpg

paulc
28-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Very nice!!

goldtop
28-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Nice. This is the one from Andy, I presume?

TheSebringOne
28-02-2013, 09:00 PM
I like the wheels, what are they and size please.

NZNick
28-02-2013, 11:59 PM
New wheels, shocks/springs and a quick wash over (very quick!) and it was getting dark.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/drmikey/nsxwithwheels_zps16cb029b.jpg

Very nice !!

What is the building in the background? Windy Miller's house or an air-traffic control tower?

Both look great !!

drmikey
01-03-2013, 08:10 AM
It is indeed a windmill (I'll post another pic up later)

The wheels are Rota Force in Bronze - 18x9 and 17x7.5. Would have ideally gone 18x9.5 and 17x8 but they didnt have that size. The 18x9s do fit very nicely.

AR
01-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Getting there, get a front spoiler as it does affect the high speed handling.

drmikey
01-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Getting there, get a front spoiler as it does affect the high speed handling.

Spoiler is on its way from Adnan ;)