PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Midlands

b1gbrad
04-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi Folks.

I've just bought the Green NSX Manual from Andy @ Vtec Direct. :)

I got rid of my 3 and a half year old Caterham 7 to fund this. Although I'll miss it (a little bit) I'm sure the NSX will provide just as much fun, with added practicality (like a windscreen!;)), and hope the Missus will enjoy driving it too - She refused to drive the 7. The NSX is a car I've always lusted after, so I'm pretty chuffed I've now got one.

No doubt I'll have loads of questions in the near future - I'll search the forums first, but forgive me in advance if I ask some pretty basic fundamental questions.

So, my first question - are there any/many owners in the Midlands? I'm based in Redditch. Do you have regular meets?

NSXGB
04-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Congrats & welcome.

nobby
04-02-2013, 01:44 PM
congrats on the purchase of Andy's car and welcome along!

you should not have to do any servicing in the immediate future thats for sure

Well done

scottg
04-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Welcome. Great car with all the maintenance already done so you can just drive it and enjoy it.
Well worth coming along to Japfest in May if you are free, last year there was a great turn out of NSX owners

Kaz-kzukNA1
04-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Congratulations on becoming the proud owner of NSX.

If you visit the ‘2013 Events’ forum, you will find several club member organised events.
You can get the tickets with special discount using the ‘Club code’ for each events.

On 3, 4, 5/May, it’s the Donington Hostoric Festival followed by Japfest on 11/May.
Then, there is Silverstone Classic on 26, 27, 28/Jul.

There are some local meetings from time to time with mid/short notice as well so best to visit this site regularly.

Welcome to the club.

Regards,
Kaz

Alpinestars
05-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Welcome :D

b1gbrad
07-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome chaps.:D

I'm currently working my way through some of the threads on the refreshes - some amazing content in there, REALLY good stuff. Where's the thanks/respect button?! :) So much more useful and informative content than some other forums that I've frequented.

I'll do my best to attend some of the upcoming shows - thanks for the heads up.

So, are there no other owners in the Midlands?

havoc
07-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi Brad,

I'm in Stratford, 328 is in South Birmingham, and there's at least a couple of other NSX owners I'm aware of locally too (gold pop-up, think NA2, and a blue facelift, plus I believe a red one near Cov), but they're not on here.

No regional meets, unfortunately - not round our way. But the national stuff as mentioned above. Plus there's a monthly Pistonheads meet at a pub in NE Leamington, if you want to come along to that? I'm happy to meet up for a coffee / beer one day too, if you just want to get out of the house for a bit...

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Cheers,

Martin.

b1gbrad
08-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi Martin,

It's good to know there are at least a few local owners!

Once the weather picks up a bit we should meet up. I'm hoping to spend some time tarting mine up a bit over the next few weeks (after showing it off to a few mates first, of course), so once I'm done I'll drop you a line.:)

scottg
08-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi Martin,

Once the weather picks up a bit we should meet up. I'm hoping to spend some time tarting mine up a bit over the next few weeks (after showing it off to a few mates first, of course), so once I'm done I'll drop you a line.:)

What is the 'tarting up' going to consist of b1gbrad it looked beautiful in the pics when Andy had finished and advertised it?

b1gbrad
11-02-2013, 01:12 PM
What is the 'tarting up' going to consist of b1gbrad it looked beautiful in the pics when Andy had finished and advertised it?

Not at lot really. The exterior is very good on the whole. The interior needs a bit of attention and cleaning. I want to have a good poke around underneath, bonnet, boot, arches and engine bay - just to clean and replace a few bolts and what have you that are ageing a little.

Then I need to look at replacing the tape player...I don't use CDs any more, let alone tapes! :)

TheSebringOne
11-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome & congratulations.

manisandher
12-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Once the weather picks up a bit we should meet up.

I'm based in Leamington and would certainly be up for a local meet.

Mani.

Senna88
12-02-2013, 12:12 PM
2 Charlotte Green's in the Midlands now then! I'm in Birmingham and up for a meet, though mine is tucked up for now until the snow goes.

Senna88
12-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Can still pop along in my ITR though, why don't we sort this out as when I first got the nsx I had ideas of a meet up but nothing happened.

How does the Toby Carvery on the A45 sound to everyone?

havoc
12-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Not a bad location. Easy to get to and big car-park...and Mani and I can take the back-roads there! :D

b1gbrad
13-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Not a bad location. Easy to get to and big car-park...and Mani and I can take the back-roads there! :D

Is it the one on the Stonebridge Island? If so, no problem. Should be a good location for everyone, and I can take some country lanes! :)

So, when are we talking? Weekend, evening? Wait for the weather to get better?

Senna88
13-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Weekends are better for me, a sunday afternoon would be perfect, could tie it in with the next PH sunday service and meet up at the pub after?

b1gbrad
13-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Sounds like a plan. Is that the Sunday service @ Silverstone on the 17th? If so, I missed signing up for that one - I hadn't bought the NSX at the time so didn't sign up. :(

Still up for the meet at the Toby though.

Senna88
14-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I didn't mean this weekend, have other plans sorry. Was thinking ahead to the next sunday service, but the PH calendar doesn't show one for a while, so someone just choose a date?

b1gbrad
15-02-2013, 05:11 PM
How about Sunday March 29th? Bank Holiday weekend...I think. Is that good for everyone?

EDIT - that should be Sunday 31st March.

Senna88
25-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Sorry I'll be in France for a late season boarding trip, week after would work for me though?

manisandher
25-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Weekend of the 6th-7th April works for me...

Mani.

26-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Hi B1gbrad,

Sorry for the late reply!! - been out of touch for a couple of weeks.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Club!!

I am local to Redditch - not too far, based near Solihull.

My NSX has and still is sleeping through the winter....... :) But would definitely be up for a meet at some point.

Cheers,

Andy

adams
11-03-2013, 02:38 PM
I am in Birmingham and would be up for a local meet

Adam

b1gbrad
11-03-2013, 02:49 PM
So, shall we make it 7th April?

Hi B1gbrad,

I am local to Redditch - not too far, based near Solihull.

Hi Andy, I'm from Solihull originally! :) I've lived in Damson Wood, Dorridge, and Shirley in the past.

So, will you take your NSX out of hibernation for a meet in April?

manisandher
11-03-2013, 05:59 PM

Works for me.

Mani.

Problem Child
13-03-2013, 09:19 PM

Hi Andy, I'm from Solihull originally! :) I've lived in Damson Wood, Dorridge, and Shirley in the past.

I might come up from Buckinghamshire and give the old girl a decent run out

13-03-2013, 10:38 PM

lol..proper local then!

Well I would try and see if i can bring the car out of hibernation :)

THe 7th of April could be a possibility but the only thing that might change it is my bday is on the 8th so i dunno what the missus may have organised :)

But will definitely try my best :)

Senna88
15-03-2013, 11:42 AM
1. Senna88
2. manisandher - is your name mani's and her or man is and her, or what!? :p
3. 328 (maybe)
4. adams
5. b1gbrad
6. oneillg1201

Yes?

manisandher
01-04-2013, 04:08 PM
My name's Mani...

The beeb reckon there'll be light rain showers on Sunday the 7th. Would people prefer to check the weather and confirm the meet closer to the date?

Mani.

01-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi Mani,

Sadly enough, I would be more weater dependant and also work....if i manage to finish my work and it aint raining then i will definitely try and come out :) but will need to see closer to the date :)

CHeers,

Andy

manisandher
06-04-2013, 12:01 PM
1. Senna88
2. manisandher
3. 328 (maybe)
4. adams
5. b1gbrad
6. oneillg1201

So, are we on for a meet at the Toby Carvery on the A45 tomorrow? And if so, what time?

Mani.

06-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi Mani,

Unfortunately I cannot make tomorrow :( I cant physically get my car out of my garage at the moment as we are having works being undertaken to the driveway :( I know I should of thought about this before but the current weather has only permitted this to happen as of last week.

I hope you guys have a good meet and hopefully catch you guys up at either Japfest or SSC.

Cheers,

Andy

manisandher
06-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks for getting back Andy. As there have been no other responses, I've now gone ahead and made other plans for tomorrow...

Mani.

b1gbrad
06-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Bummer. I was going to meet up. Anyone else still available? Time?

Problem Child
06-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi Martin,

Dont light the crack pipe......"a little tartin up???"...WHERE WILL IT STOP?

Welcome, althjough I am a bit further south, I would come up to the midlands for a mini meet