PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Restored Manual Coupe £22,900

vtecdirect
05-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Well after many months and way too many pounds and hours spent, the NSX is finally ready for sale. She is now in a seriously high standard of condition, and I am proud to be seen in her anywhere at anytime.
The car came to us last year in a terrible state, Had been left outside unprotected for almost 3 years, and the poor car had suffered terribly from sun, frost etc.
Anyway, we were looking to break the car for parts, but i simply couldn't bring myself to do it, as the basic car was ok, with a very straight body, no dents, never been pranged, and with one company director as its owner from new, was just too good to break.
The mammoth task began with removal of old engine which had seen better days, we sourced a very nice 97 engine with a mere 43k miles on and began putting that into the condition we wanted. So new Cambelt and tensioners, new water pump, new crank pulley, new clutch, new cam cover gaskets, new thermostat, and a few other small bits were fitted prior to the installation.
Oil was run through for initial start up, and was changed immediately along with filter after one hour running, and was spotless as it is now.
We also fitted new O2 sensors as the old ones were not perfect and we wanted this car to be as good as we could possibly get her.
We then looked at everything else mechanical and found we needed to change the clutch master cylinder, so that too was changed for new, Brake fluid and abs flush was also carried out. New abs sensors were fitted to front, as both had failed. New brake discs and pads also fitted.
Driveshafts inspected, new rear wheel bearing fitted as was a little grumbly.
A new honda battery was also fitted as winter was fast approaching and for the minimal cost it was worth changing.
Obviously a full coolant change was also carried out at time of engine replacement.
Now to the bodywork. the paint was in a very poor condition due to sun fading, water damage from frost etc. so we took her to our local very high end trusted bodyshop. Discussed the job and left the car with him for 3 weeks.
As the bodyman started on the preparation he decided the best course of action was to take all the outer panels down to bare aluminium and start from fresh. The car looked so cool in just bare metal!!!
It was then finished in 3 stage pearl paint, at great expense, and the lustre from the paint now, has to be seen to be appreciated.
We then removed the wheels and had them bead blasted and powder coated to a perfect finish.
The car was now looking stunning, sounding stunning, and driving stunning. So we then sent away the CCU to KAz for a full refurb to ensure there were no faults to be found on this car.
Full laser 4 wheel alignment also carried out to ensure she also drove perfect too.

I have personally been driving the car for the last few weeks to ensure everything is ok, and i can confidently say, it is now one of the nicest NSX's i have ever had the pleasure to drive. No noises, no rattles, no faults whatsoever.
The work carried out on this car will not return us any profit I am sure, but it will inspire total confidence to any prospective purchasers that they will be buying a car which will be fault free and zero mechanical issues for a long time to come.

Here are some pictures which i hope will show the stunning condition of this excellent motor.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/irishteacher1/20130105_115326.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/irishteacher1/20130105_115350.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/irishteacher1/20130105_115359.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/irishteacher1/20130105_112437.jpg

So to recap what we are offering for sale.
N reg 1995/6 NSX Coupe 3.0 Manual
Charlotte Green Black Roof
Black Interior
Pre registered with Honda so 2 owners, But one actual owner from new.
Some History, more details awaited from Honda dealers.
10 Months MOT
10 Months Tax
Fully restored car with no issues whatsoever.
148000 miles recorded, engine 43000 miles.
Very cheap car at £22900

Call me on 01606 598279 or 07834 390344
email andy@vtecdirect.com
or message me here.

vtecdirect
05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
A couple of extra pics hopefully showing how clean this car is. Really must be seen and driven to appreciate just how good it is.

Ahttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/irishteacher1/20130105_100505.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/irishteacher1/20130105_100411.jpg

scottg
05-01-2013, 02:27 PM
That looks stunning Andy, great finish on the paint. I am sure someone on here is going to be bitting your hand off at 23k

vtecdirect
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks Scott, wasnt happy to sell the car until it was as good as i could get it. I reckon a paint detailer could get it even better, but i have merely washed it since it was painted, some decent polish and waz and she would be even deeper gloss am sure.
Dont want to overprice the car either, just want what i think is fair for such a clean car, with no issues foreseeable due to all the work we have done.

Senninha
05-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi Andy,

She looks really good and a credit to the effort put in, so pleased you decided not to break it up as that would of be a real shame given the results you've acheived.

With all the big jobs done this should be a great start for someone into NSX ownership. IS it the photos or could the seats do with a bit of tlc, ie re-connelising (if thats a word)?

Good luck with the sale ... now wheres Goldtop when these things come on the market??

regards, Paul

vtecdirect
05-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Couple of small scratches on drivers seat, will be dealt with monday. Have put leather conditioner on them and will continue this until its sold, getting softer and yummier daily. :-0

nobby
05-01-2013, 08:06 PM
well done Andy, she looks brilliant

hopefully potential buyers see the work put in, based on the write up its a bit of a no brainer

there should be a number of enquirers from this site ALONE

TheSebringOne
05-01-2013, 09:11 PM
A credit to you and the paint shop! Great value too.

It will make the new owner very happy and proud.

Diesse 19
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
That looks lovely, i will be surprised if its not sold pretty soon!

bbvnsx
06-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Very, very nice!

This is really a very special and unique community... It feels so good to see one more NSX in great shape!

Best luck for you Andy!

Bruno

AR
07-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Looks really nice from the pictures.

Good luck with the sale.

simonprelude
07-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Any pictures of the bare metal look?

vtecdirect
07-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Any pictures of the bare metal look?

Just asked paintshop to email some over.

thelimpingwhippet
07-01-2013, 10:07 PM
It actually looks better in the flesh than it does on the photos. I am jealous

soddy
08-01-2013, 01:45 AM
it's a very nice example of an nsx. green wouldn't be my first choice but it seems a dark shade and a manual to boot.
i'd be away to see it if i was closer and had time, as it's a good price for the work done to keep it in the condition it deserves.

vtecdirect
08-01-2013, 08:52 AM
it's a very nice example of an nsx. green wouldn't be my first choice but it seems a dark shade and a manual to boot.
i'd be away to see it if i was closer and had time, as it's a good price for the work done to keep it in the condition it deserves.

I can pick you up from manchester or liverpool airport in the car, and all you have to do is drive back. Sorted. ;)

nobby
08-01-2013, 11:31 AM
you cant ask for better than that

both airports are pi$$ easy to get to from here ... albeit pick a week when either the dirty red manc scum or Liverpool are not playing home fixtures; (save yourself some £££'s) re your flight!

and the DRIVE home is a belter

I can pick you up from manchester or liverpool airport in the car, and all you have to do is drive back. Sorted. ;)

Sudesh
08-01-2013, 07:14 PM
That's a great turnaround Andy! Looks real nice, good to see it restored to glory.

soddy
09-01-2013, 12:52 AM
you cant ask for better than that

both airports are pi$$ easy to get to from here ... albeit pick a week when either the dirty red manc scum or Liverpool are not playing home fixtures; (save yourself some £££'s) re your flight!

and the DRIVE home is a belter

now that'd be some weekend seeing the pool win at old trafford lol. yeah john lennon airport is handy but not when everyone is heading to anfield.

vtecdirect
13-01-2013, 02:50 PM
First viewing today. Potential buyer seems to be very happy, and impressed with the whole car, but will await his response and see whether or not its the right car for him.

howellr
15-01-2013, 12:28 PM
I have seen it, been in it, been driven in it and it's a cracker. Seems to go faster with a good driver too :)

vtecdirect
15-01-2013, 07:49 PM
I have seen it, been in it, been driven in it and it's a cracker. Seems to go faster with a good driver too :)

Not unlike yours Rod lol

vtecdirect
03-02-2013, 01:57 PM
SOLD!! New owner collected car yesterday. Am sure he will be a very happy man, and he has already ordered some tuning parts.

Senninha
03-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Proving again the the good ones don't hang around ... Hope the new owner pops up here soon and comes and shows it off at the up coming evevents regards, Paul