View Full Version : The last post?

candyman
02-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Happy new year to everyone. I am seriously thinking of putting my beauty on pistonheads in the next few days. Being self employed makes me work long hours and this will be a tough year at work giving me little free time. My manual imola 04 is in showroom condition with full service history recent service cambelt and battery I am the second lucky owner and during my fun 6 years the mileage has rocketed from 8k to 15k miles! Presumably I should ask for about £52k and get around 50? Obviously I DON'T want to sell it and would not accept a silly offer. If anyone know someone who would be GENUINELY interested, my email is p-hutchinson4@sky.com and I am on the wirral. Presumably electronic bank payment would be best. Postman has just arrived, will check my mail in case I have won big on premium bonds in which case will quit work and by an nsxr as well. Drat still have to work but can get a great deal on vitamin supplements and virgin broadband. It's pouring down with rain and have to get back to delivering my sweets in my 7.5 ton wagon plus have a V.A.T inspection to look forward to next week.

Nick Graves
02-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Good luck with it all.

Hopefully you'll come to your senses once it's all over & keep the Irn-Brumobile.

candyman
02-01-2013, 05:46 PM
My insurance runs out at the end of the month so I couldn't see the point of renewing if I wasn't going to get time to drive it but my insurers Haggerty tell me that if I renew and sell, they will only charge a £50 cancellation fee which is very reasonable in insurance terms.

Sudesh
02-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Good luck with the sale, its a beauty of a car you have.

nobby
02-01-2013, 07:10 PM
hope you can still find away to keep your car ... your car should command the figures u have discussed
GLWS if it happens

NSX-FAN
02-01-2013, 07:31 PM
This car is beautiful, best of luck with the sale if you decide to sell.

TheSebringOne
02-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Sorry to hear you might be selling & good luck if you decide to.

Value wise, those figures are realistic with the mileage at 15K.

NSX 2000
03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi Candyman (I thought Danny Baker lived in London)

Not sure if anybody has contacted you yet but I would put your asking price up. At that price you will even get dealers sniffing around, I would be tempted to try £59k. Don't forget our cars are very rare and indemand, so it's a sellers market. If i'm correct yours will be the only 02 plus car for sale in the UK and one of only 3 or 4 which are for sale.

Regards, Paul.

Lankstarr
03-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi Candyman (I thought Danny Baker lived in London)

Not sure if anybody has contacted you yet but I would put your asking price up. At that price you will even get dealers sniffing around, I would be tempted to try £59k. Don't forget our cars are very rare and indemand, so it's a sellers market. If i'm correct yours will be the only 02 plus car for sale in the UK and one of only 3 or 4 which are for sale.

Regards, Paul.

I was thinking the same, I've been contemplating selling mine and would put it up for 60-65 with more miles than yours. It does have 2.5 years Honda warranty, Cambelt just done and a fair amount of R bits.

Surprised if your arm wasn't snapped off at 50 - right price if you had 40k miles I'd say.

L*

Sudesh
03-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Would also agree with the above 2 comments

Papalazarou
03-01-2013, 08:26 PM
My 03 targa will be up in the spring for mid fifties with 37K miles. The pool of available cars is so tiny and they're still a significantly cheaper prospect than a like for like import from Japan.
Anyway, really there's no justification needed. We all know how good they are, and if a potential owner wants a well looked after car with a good history, that the going rate.

Cheers.

markc
05-01-2013, 12:19 PM
As others have said, make sure you add the export tax ;)

Are these late cars still going to HK? If they are they'll eventually be as rare as NA2 pop-ups over here :)

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
05-01-2013, 05:05 PM
........ If they are they'll eventually be as rare as NA2 pop-ups over here :)

Cheers

Mark

isnt the current database suggesting circa 20 cars in the UK? A very elite membership ....

Lankstarr
09-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Surely more than that with 3 in discussion on this thread and one of the last 12 just come up for sale. How many of the last 12 are still around, I've not seen the database in a while but could imagine them being very precious in years to come and fetching crazy money

L*

WhyOne?
10-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Surely more than that......

I think Paul was referring to NA2 pop-ups, not the common-as-muck face-lift cars! ;)