PDA

View Full Version : Yellow 1996 Auto on PH

NSXGB
30-12-2012, 11:27 AM
http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/rare1996-custom-made-jdm-honda-nsx-3-0-automatic/989938

Tokyo-Joe
30-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Is this the 'Jordan' one that keeps coming up for sale or something new?

NSXGB
30-12-2012, 12:23 PM

Not the Jordan one AFAIK. Seen it up for sale before though. Would like the wheels please.

Sudesh
30-12-2012, 04:25 PM

Yes it is! I believe someone has removed the Jordan stickers that were on it, and last time this came up for sale by a dealer, I pointed out the car isn't a 1996 car, from memory it was a 93/94. I also provided the owner with the custom made info and some of the unique bits.

AR
30-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes it is! I believe someone has removed the Jordan stickers that were on it, and last time this came up for sale by a dealer, I pointed out the car isn't a 1996 car, from memory it was a 93/94. I also provided the owner with the custom made info and some of the unique bits.

Spot on Sudesh same wheels still!

NSXGB
31-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Didn't the "Jordan" one have a tan interior, not a 'chocolate & black' interior? Or is that down to a poor description?

scottg
31-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Didn't the "Jordan" one have a tan interior, not a 'chocolate & black' interior? Or is that down to a poor description?
By the look of the picture with the chassis plate it's tan

Rdevelopments
31-12-2012, 03:18 PM
So it's not a factory custom order plan made car?

11612 11613 11614 11615

Sudesh
31-12-2012, 05:21 PM

11612 11613 11614 11615

I believe it is.

NZNick
01-01-2013, 09:52 AM
I believe it is.
Just not a '96 built car.....

NSXGB
01-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Just not a '96 car.....

I'm sure it IS a '96 car, just not '96 spec. Unless somebody knows of a mistake with the import paperwork, they should not speculate. The year of the car is designated as when it was registered for use on the road, not when it was built at the factory, same with all cars AFAIK.

Sudesh
01-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Just not a '96 car.....

Yes that is correct, when I did the research for someone that was interested in purchasing it, he forwarded the chassis number to me and other info, the car is a 1994.

Sudesh
01-01-2013, 11:37 AM
It also shows the YEAR designation on the custom build plate "94"

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-01-2013, 01:10 PM

The brochure (very likely to be from NSX Prime) in your post is for the Custom Order Plan Step 6.
It's showing Type-S (Feb/97) and the brochure is as of Feb/98.

I have never looked at the actual VIN of this NSX but from the text font used on the side sill plate, it is very likely to be genuine factory punched method used.
Honda on purposely used this method in order to prevent someone copying or using laser etching, etc to duplicate the panel with ease.
It requires special jig and of course the genuine marker to punch these characters to the same depth, line, etc.

Based on these photos, the engine is not DBW so it’s pre 95 model and looked to be custom order #154 and manufactured in 94.
The VIN looked to be NA1-1200266 so it’s the NA1-120 type that is 94 model.
My NSX is also NA1-120 type that I ordered in Apr/94 and registered in Jul/94 so easy to understand.

At that time, Custom Order Plan was still at Step 2 or about to release Step 3 so there are several differences compared to Step 6.
Custom Order Plan evolved over the years and some of the original items, colours, etc were deleted from the menu and no longer available by the time of Step 6.
I think tan was replaced with light tan.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3Ffvpwn7XMY/UOLZmKT5wsI/AAAAAAAAHWI/9F6gZtmtKM0/s400/IMG_0222.JPG
On yellow NSX, apart from the wood panel, I quite liked this black/tan interior that was available in the original custom order paln.

Any way, based on the available info, it is very likely to be genuine factory custom made.

Kaz

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Regarding the year model......
Interesting point.......

I think this was discussed somewhere in another post.

As mentioned above, my NSX was registered in Jul/94 in Japan.
It’s the NA1-120 type.
If the side sill plate in the photo is the original one from this NSX, it's the same year model as mine.

I brought it with me when I moved to UK in 98 so my V5C document states the ‘Date of first registration’ and ‘Date of first registration in the UK’ as ‘xx xx 1998’.

However, at the cover page Section 3:Special Notes, it states that the ‘Vehicle was registered/used overseas. Declared manufactured 1994’.

For the registration process, I had to ask embassy of Japan to notarise and translate the Japanese registration certificate that included the first registration date as DD/JUL/94 and based on this, I got ‘ L ‘ plate which is the correct one for Jul/94 registration.

I don’t call my NSX as 98 car as it would have been NA2 with 6MT for manual model although I’m looking at the conversion........

Kaz

NSXGB
01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't think anybody is disputing the year of manufacture, just the date of registration, correct?
So, basically it could have sat in a showroom for up to 2 years before being registered - That would seem strange for a custom ordered car maybe? Translated to a UK registration that would make it eligable for a legit '96 registration.
As Kaz mentioned it sounds like there could be margin for error in the process but unless someone has proof this has happened for this car we should not speculate.

Problem Child
01-01-2013, 03:00 PM
I don't think anybody is disputing the year of manufacture, just the date of registration, correct?
So, basically it could have sat in a showroom for up to 2 years before being registered - That would seem strange for a custom ordered car maybe? Translated to a UK registration that would make it eligable for a legit '96 registration.
As Kaz mentioned it sounds like there could be margin for error in the process but unless someone has proof this has happened for this car we should not speculate.

Wouldnt be surprised that it sat in a showroom for two years with that terrible wooden trim!

Sudesh
01-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Regarding the year model......
Interesting point.......

I think this was discussed somewhere in another post.

As mentioned above, my NSX was registered in Jul/94 in Japan.
It’s the NA1-120 type.
If the side sill plate in the photo is the original one from this NSX, it's the same year model as mine.

I brought it with me when I moved to UK in 98 so my V5C document states the ‘Date of first registration’ and ‘Date of first registration in the UK’ as ‘xx xx 1998’.

However, at the cover page Section 3:Special Notes, it states that the ‘Vehicle was registered/used overseas. Declared manufactured 1994’.

For the registration process, I had to ask embassy of Japan to notarise and translate the Japanese registration certificate that included the first registration date as DD/JUL/94 and based on this, I got ‘ L ‘ plate which is the correct one for Jul/94 registration.

I don’t call my NSX as 98 car as it would have been NA2 with 6MT for manual model although I’m looking at the conversion........

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

This would be 100% correct.

I've imported many cars from Japan, and the original year on manufacture or first time it was registered in Japan, is what the DVLA go by, so they can assign a corresponding plate. There have been a few very late registered cars that were for example a 94 car, but not registered until say 98, this in turn is where the confusion happens on the exact year of the car and people think they have a 98 manufactured car.

Same as this custom made NSX, which clearly by the chassis number and other items on the car etc show its REALLY a 1994 car.

NSXGB
01-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Hallelujah!

Sudesh
01-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Wouldnt be surprised that it sat in a showroom for two years with that terrible wooden trim!

lol wouldn't be a huge fan on the wood trim either, but if its priced anything like the OEM carbon it's an expensive upgrade. I remember seeing a price actually on the UK parts system for the carbon console and from memory it was something like £7k! I'll try and find it.

Sudesh
01-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Looks like the OEM carbon console has gone up a bit, £8,517!! and that doesn't include the ashtray lid or the center vent surround lol

britlude
01-01-2013, 05:59 PM
a quick addition to Kaz's post...

i have the same issue with mine, a '92 car but imported in 1998, so as far as DVLA/VOSA are concerned it's a '98 car!

this causes issues when the car in MOT'd as the '98 emissions levels are tighter than the '92 specs so seems to 'scrape' through when it's usually well inside the '92 requirements... and whenever parts are 'identified' by the reg number they point to the wrong year spec (if the number is even recognised!)!

Sudesh
01-01-2013, 06:20 PM
a quick addition to Kaz's post...

i have the same issue with mine, a '92 car but imported in 1998, so as far as DVLA/VOSA are concerned it's a '98 car!

this causes issues when the car in MOT'd as the '98 emissions levels are tighter than the '92 specs so seems to 'scrape' through when it's usually well inside the '92 requirements... and whenever parts are 'identified' by the reg number they point to the wrong year spec (if the number is even recognised!)!

Then they aren't reading your V5 right and you should be able to point this out.

Your car was given a J reg, which I understand as being around 1992.

So on your V5 it should state first date of registration in the UK in section 4, which going by what you said should show as ../../1998

but on the front page in the section 3, it should say declared manufactured 1992. Which means your car is registered 100% correctly. Even a quick reg check shows you car as being 1992.

britlude
01-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Then they aren't reading your V5 right and you should be able to point this out.

Your car was given a J reg, which I understand as being around 1992.

So on your V5 it should state first date of registration in the UK in section 4, which going by what you said should show as ../../1998

but on the front page in the section 3, it should say declared manufactured 1992. Which means your car is registered 100% correctly. Even a quick reg check shows you car as being 1992.

ta for that, i'll have to send you my chassis number for a honda check! and yup, my paperwork says that, first registered x/x/1998, declared manufactured 1992, (acquired 16/9/2005!!!!)... strange then that the MOT computer system always shows it as 1998 when the reg goes in and wants to set 1998 emission levels! i'll take my log book with me next time!!!

Sudesh
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
ta for that, i'll have to send you my chassis number for a honda check! and yup, my paperwork says that, first registered x/x/1998, declared manufactured 1992, (acquired 16/9/2005!!!!)... strange then that the MOT computer system always shows it as 1998 when the reg goes in and wants to set 1998 emission levels! i'll take my log book with me next time!!!

Not a bother! Glad to help.

The first reg date of 1998, is basically the first time the car has been registered in the UK since import.

The acquired date of 2005, is when you purchased it from the previous owner.

You should definitely make your mot guys aware of this.

Nick Graves
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Likely another case of 'Computer Says No Syndrome'.

Avoids the pain of thinking.

nobby
14-01-2013, 05:41 PM
why is the owner NOT stating that this is a 94 car BUT registered 1st in UK in 96 (a P reg as per plate on car); based on doing a google, a 99 reg'ed car is either on a T or V plate the ad states car 1st reg'ed UK in 99! ... surely the ad should be changed to Rare 1994 “Custom made” JDM Honda NSX 3.0 Automatic (1994)surely that would be more of an honest approach instead of 96 and 99 years plastered all over the ad?

sure the custom made plate has a 94 engraving on it ... not good that the owner is trying to advertise as 96/99 when they have the materials to state otherwise and the current pics on the engraving?

just would make people think what else is the owner being economical with the truth on ... just my thoughts on this

last time this came up for sale by a dealer, I pointed out the car isn't a 1996 car, from memory it was a 93/94. I also provided the owner with the custom made info and some of the unique bits.

paulc
14-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Mine was first registered in the UK in 1999, the declared date of manufacture was 1994, but the data I have provided to Sudesh my car comes out as a 1991!! Help!!

snow patrol
24-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Mine was first registered in the UK in 1999, the declared date of manufacture was 1994, but the data I have provided to Sudesh my car comes out as a 1991!! Help!!

Hi guy's thanks for the updates on my car, i was unaware that it is a 1994 Car due to the fact that the logbook states 1996 and the number plate is P.

I have amended the piston heads advert accordingly as I dont want to miss lead anyone or be classed as diss honest.

I have had an offer 0f 18k from a dealer, but i rejected this as i would like the NSX to go to a club member instead....

Thanks

Chris

nobby
25-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Good man, all the very best with the sale . Hope it finds a home on here

snow patrol
30-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Good man, all the very best with the sale . Hope it finds a home on here

Dear All,

Due to a change in family circumstances, my lovely yellow Honda NSX needs to find a new home within the next few weeks.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/rare-custom-made-jdm-honda-nsx-3-0-automatic/989938

This is due to my having to sell my house and re locate and sadly the funds are required for the house purchase.

The NSX is currently advertised for what i feel is a fair price, however if anyone is genuinely looking for a low mileage example in very nice condition, please feel free to contact me and we can arrange a viewing and come to an agreement on price.

I have been offered 18k from a dealer but i would prefer the NSX to go to a club member or enthusiast.

Tel: 07514426547

Thnaks

Chris

snow patrol
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Dear All,

Due to a change in family circumstances, my lovely yellow Honda NSX needs to find a new home within the next few weeks.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/rare-custom-made-jdm-honda-nsx-3-0-automatic/989938

This is due to my having to sell my house and re locate and sadly the funds are required for the house purchase.

The NSX is currently advertised for what i feel is a fair price, however if anyone is genuinely looking for a low mileage example in very nice condition, please feel free to contact me and we can arrange a viewing and come to an agreement on price.

I have been offered 18k from a dealer but i would prefer the NSX to go to a club member or enthusiast.

Tel: 07514426547

Thnaks

Chris

Hi now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170983783728

Paul G
01-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi Chris,

You need to change the year to 1994 on the main content, otherwise you will get same comments!
Is this your last venture with the NSX or will you be back?
Good luck with the sale
Cheers
PG

snow patrol
02-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi Chris,

You need to change the year to 1994 on the main content, otherwise you will get same comments!
Is this your last venture with the NSX or will you be back?
Good luck with the sale
Cheers
PG

HI Paul,

Thanks for the update, unfortunately it may be my last venture nice to speak again after such a long time.

Take care

Chris