PDA

View Full Version : Looking for late 3.0 manual coupe

bob_c
01-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi, I'm just waiting for the money to clear following the sale of my Caterham. I've been looking at various options for a replacement (Exige, Boxster, Noble) and come to the conclusion that the NSX is the car I never knew I've always wanted.

I'm looking for a 95-97 coupe preferably (thats the way Mr Senna set it all up after all) with manual transmission and lowish miles in original spec (except poss for hifi and alarm etc) . I also prefer the less LOUD colours, silver, green and black. I would go for red if the car was nigh on perfect but my wife is adament that I'm not allowed yellow (even though the caterham is yellow...?).

Anyway, I hope to find something before the summer and look forward to meeting some of you guys at forthcoming events.

Cheers

Bob

simonprelude
01-03-2006, 05:42 PM
That's a shame, seems to be a bargain Yellow one on autotrader at the moment. (No experience of it though so could have problems)

kevinpsw
01-03-2006, 05:57 PM
I am close to getting mine (a 97 non targa) but I did make a casual enquiry about the car you mention. The owner had driven the car since 48k and had all receipts for the services he'd done, including a cambelt change. The rest of the SH is supported by stamps only. It is a manual and, from the owners description and the photos he sent, the only quibble I could make was that he did not know when or even if the clutch had been changed. The car is in the Derby area, it is a 96 P.

He claimed to have had a fair bit of interest (3 arranging to see) so it may sell quickly.

bob_c
01-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I spoke to the chap in Derby, (he sent me some extra photos), but, its a targa and the built in origin B2 on the dash and stickers on the bumper were sending out the wrong messages...

The pistonheads yellow one is a coupe with a lot of recent work but the mileage is creeping up...

....but both yellow. :?

TheQuietOne
01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Hmm, haven't seen the yellow one out and about in Derby, must be tucked away somewhere. Don't like the sound of a built in detector though!

bob_c
05-03-2006, 06:05 PM
I think I may have found what I'm looking for...

It feels like christmas eve when I was 5 yrs old...

Papalazarou
05-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Tell us more......................!

James.

bob_c
05-03-2006, 07:45 PM
The car in question belongs to an existing member but I've yet to see it in the flesh and we haven't even started to talk about money so its early days really, but it is the right colour and condition from what I'm told.

I'll be completely useless at work this week...

bob_c
07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Just thought I'd say - although I have been approached about a superb sounding car I've not committed to it yet and am still open to offers...

bob_c
15-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi, I just thought I'd say that I've bought a car but sadly (in some respects) its not an NSX. It does have a midmounted japenese engine with variable valve timing and it is bolted into an aluminium chassis and it does 0-60 in 5.0 - 5.2 seconds though...

bob_c
15-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Can we close this thread now please?

I'll be back...

TheQuietOne
15-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Sorry for my ignorance but it is...??

simonprelude
15-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Only thing I can think of would be an Atom or similar ??

bob_c
15-03-2006, 04:34 PM
S2 Exige [run for cover mode ON]

ctrlaltdelboy
15-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I'd love one of those myself 8)

Greybloke
15-03-2006, 06:32 PM
:twisted:

Senninha
15-03-2006, 08:02 PM
That will be like living with an NSX that's been to weight watchers :lol:

bob_c
15-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the general vote of approval guys. I'm sure we all know that Lotus and Honda do have some history. The Exige is just far to sensible in some respects. What I really wanted was a Vemac RD200 but there's no way you'll see one on british roads for several years yet (even though they are made in Essex....) I guess you guys will all know and love the RD320?

Anyway, I'll put something in the for sale section which someone will find useful...