PDA

View Full Version : How to replace roof lining?

Tokyo-Joe
11-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi all,

Unfortunately my roof lining is on the way out so I have purchased a replacement.

Can anyone give me a guide as how to remove the current lining and to replace it without damaging anything?

Thanks!
Joe

Sudesh
11-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi all,

Unfortunately my roof lining is on the way out so I have purchased a replacement.

Can anyone give me a guide as how to remove the current lining and to replace it without damaging anything?

Thanks!
Joe

Allot of stripping out required!

Sun visors off, Interior light out, A pillars out, b pillars off, rear firewall panels off as they have to be removed to allow you to gain access to screws that hold the side panels [the ones that come down just behind and to the side of the seats] which in turn hide the screw for the B pillars, which in turn hide the screws for the roof linng lol there are also some clips the hold he roof lining in place, may be worth having new replacements to hand as they could break when removing the roof linng or break when you try to re-install, you don't want loose or sagging roof lining.

Personally I remove the seats and all as it makes life simpler and saves messing around. Bigger task than what some might expect.

Tokyo-Joe
11-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Man that is a lot of work! It's good to know how to get started though, thanks mate! Might tackle this in January..

Sudesh
11-12-2012, 10:49 AM
It sure is! Seat belts have to unbolted from the seats too.

Dont try and remove the roof lining without taking out the seats, it will only end in something getting bent or damaged.

Work shop manual also states to remove seats

From the workshop manual