PDA

View Full Version : southern NSXs - anyone open for photos?

wchestnutt
06-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is William and am a gradute of film and animation. Currently I am working on my portfolio and am in the process of modelling, rendering and animating a photoreal 3D NSX. This is my way of owning one while I save up the ££££. Love the cars and one day will have one! My past 2 cars have been 5th gen Preludes, which I have always liked to imagine as the baby of the NSX (I know nothing compared really, but l the best car I have owned so far).

So anyway my project is probably 50% complete now, but I am wondering if there were any NSXs close to me that the owners wouldn't mind me taking some close up photos for my visual research - I have quite a library of material from google, but it is getting trickier as I move on the creating the engine bay and interior..

Happy to pay £20 for your time (half hour or so) and it would be amazing to get up close to one again.

I live in Lymington (SO41) which is on the south coast by Bournemouth and Southampton. I have seen a couple in my time here but always driving the opposite direction :(

All the best,

William.

NSXGB
06-12-2012, 11:01 AM
There are a few members in your area but you may have to specify Pop-up or bug eye...if it makes any difference to your project.

wchestnutt
06-12-2012, 11:06 AM
There are a few members in your area but you may have to specify Pop-up or bug eye...if it makes any difference to your project.

Thanks for the reply. Well the exterior is mostly complete so it won't make much odds as the reference will mainly be engine bay and interior, although if possible I have been building the bug eye, mainly just due to the blueprints availability and quality.

Here is a link to the progress:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=43&t=1074073

NSXGB
06-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Nice work. Standard wheels would be nicer...

wchestnutt
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Nice work. Standard wheels would be nicer...

Thanks! :) In hindsight I totally agree, haven't changed them yet as it was a days work ;)

scottg
07-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi William,

I live in Poole in Dorset and if you wish I am more than happy for you to photograph my car FOC. The only change from standard in my interior is the OE head unit is gone and replaced with a double din Alpine unit. Are you studying at Broc?

wchestnutt
08-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi William,

I live in Poole in Dorset and if you wish I am more than happy for you to photograph my car FOC. The only change from standard in my interior is the OE head unit is gone and replaced with a double din Alpine unit. Are you studying at Broc?

Hi Scott!

Thank you for the reply. What is FOC?

I am actually a Uni Graduate, I did study at broc though a few years back! I started a company after Uni - www.sfxevents.com which is going amazingly, but then my business partner shafted me completely and I am left falling back onto my design degree and trying to kick start that side of things! So working a 50hr/week day job and spending the evenings working on my portfolio. To say I am bitter is an understatement, this is all just setting me back from owning an NSX!

Anyway, if you wouldn't mind that would be fantastic! what is your availability like generally? ... Feel free to PM or better email me at wchestnutt@gmail.com

Kind regards, William.

scottg
08-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi Scott!

Thank you for the reply. What is FOC?

I am actually a Uni Graduate, I did study at broc though a few years back! I started a company after Uni - www.sfxevents.com (http://www.sfxevents.com) which is going amazingly, but then my business partner shafted me completely and I am left falling back onto my design degree and trying to kick start that side of things! So working a 50hr/week day job and spending the evenings working on my portfolio. To say I am bitter is an understatement, this is all just setting me back from owning an NSX!

Anyway, if you wouldn't mind that would be fantastic! what is your availability like generally? ... Feel free to PM or better email me at wchestnutt@gmail.com

Kind regards, William.

I William I have e mailed you with my contact number so we can arrange a day and time