View Full Version : Honda Badge for bonnet

Boomerjake
13-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi Guys
My bonnet badge is looking a little worse for wear and wondered where would be the best place to go for a replacement.
Also the car is due a service next month and does anyone know the best dealer to take it to in Bristol or surrounding area - there are 2 Honda dealers in Bristol but do not know which one has a history of looking after NSX's.

Thanks

Sudesh
13-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi Guys
My bonnet badge is looking a little worse for wear and wondered where would be the best place to go for a replacement.
Also the car is due a service next month and does anyone know the best dealer to take it to in Bristol or surrounding area - there are 2 Honda dealers in Bristol but do not know which one has a history of looking after NSX's.

Thanks

What year is your car?

There is a difference in pre-facelift and facelift badges, also removing the badge on pre-facelift is bit more awkward as there is 2 little tabs that go into small holes in the bumper, and from the inside of the bumper, the tabs are secured with little metal retaining rings. The badge also has 3M type sticky backing.

You could be lucky and the badge pulls free with out any damage, and the metal ring will just drop out to the bottom of the car, [this happened on mine]. So when I installed the new badge, I didn't worry about putting the metal rings back on, it was way to awkward and think bumper would have to come off.

I purchased my badge from Honda, being per-facelift there wasn't many other options to purchase it, also there isn't much option for the standard facelift badge as its an open type badge. However there are a few options for facelift NSX-R badge as its a popular upgrade.

Don't even think about ebay cheap ones, they are absolute rubbish.

Boomerjake
13-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi SudeshMy car is a 1991, would prefer to stick with same type of badge which is on the car if possible.Will have a look tonight and see if badge feels like it wants to come offThanks

Sudesh
13-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi SudeshMy car is a 1991, would prefer to stick with same type of badge which is on the car if possible.Will have a look tonight and see if badge feels like it wants to come offThanks

Yeah that's what I did, OEM one looks perfect on the car, plus when you remove it there may be an outline of the badge on the bumper due to sun fade etc, not saying there will be, but possible.

If you do buy new OEM pre-facelift badge, you could also give your car a little NSX-R touch by buying the red one, on our model of NSX, the standard red badge is the NSX-R one, its just shared on all other colors of the NSX-R.

I.e YELLOW NSX-R has OEM red badge, white NSX-R has OEM red badge, etc etc.

Andrew put the red badge on his yellow car and I think it looks very nice.

Boomerjake
13-11-2012, 11:32 AM
SudeshDo you know best place to source a OEM badge, only place I see one is on ebay from Japan at £65 plus shippingThanks

Papalazarou
13-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Pre facelift badges are £60.00 from a franchise. An insane amount of money for a piece of plastic. I've got a couple of badges knocking around. A black pre facelift in very good shape and a silver facelift one. Yours for a tenner each if they're any good to you.
With regard to servicing in Bristol. I'd probably go to the one at Cribbs Causeway. I know a couple of owners who get their NSX's services there. I took my first car there and they were fine. Alternatively, Howards Honda in Taunton is where I have taken mine for the last six years. They offer a good discount and only half an hour from Bristol.

Cheers.

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-11-2012, 02:12 PM
You just missed the hand carry delivery from Japan.
My boss brought back some parts and tools over the weekend......

Addition to the offer from Papalazarou, you may want to try Andy at Vtecdirect.

If you ran out of options and not in a hurry, just send me an email.
I don’t know the latest price in Japan but since it’s very light, I could include it in my next courier delivery in a few weeks time.

Please note that the parts price in Japan for any Honda cars is very likely to go up again from 01/Jan/13 so if you want JDM parts, best to act within this year.

Also, for Type-R front emblem, if the Type-R body colour was in Formula Red, the emblem is the same as the one on the standard red NSX.
However, if the Type-R body colour was not in red, then I thought there was another red emblem used but can’t remember the difference.

Kaz

Sudesh
13-11-2012, 03:21 PM
SudeshDo you know best place to source a OEM badge, only place I see one is on ebay from Japan at £65 plus shippingThanks

I just purchased mine from a Honda dealer, it was a few years ago and was a bit cheaper, but not by much, the one on ebay doesn't have any saving. UK dealer price is: £64.42 and its the same price for all colors.

The other red badge I think Kaz mentioned is £66.46 and that is red only, as far as I can tell.