PDA

View Full Version : Ignition switch light

Baz
25-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi All,

I have only had my 03 for about three weeks and love it to bits. The only problem I found on day two was the interior light didn't work when the driver's door was opened. Honda UK allowed my local, non-official NSX dealer to take a look under warranty and they discovered a squashed wire wasa the culprit. I guess this was the case from new as the car had only done 4000 miles when I acquired it and I suspect the first owner didn't never went out at night!
However, the handbook tells me that the drivers door should operate interior, door, footwell and ignition switch lights with the latter two on delay when the door is closed. I appear to have no light to help with key placement and there is no mention of bulb replacement for it in the handbook. Is there in fact a light to illuminate the ignition switch and, if so, where is it and is there a replaceable bulb?
Any ideas out there?
Many thanks in anticipation.

Baz

Martyn27_uk
27-02-2006, 10:41 PM
There is definitely a light that illuminates the ignition switch - not that you'll need it after a week or two, the key will just fly in ;-) I have a distant memory that my shoes were lit up in the early years of my NSX experience - but then, who wants to look at their shoes?