PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Classic 2013 - 26-28 July 2013

sorepaws
08-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Dates have been announced – and tickets will go on sale – for the 2013 Silverstone Classic powered by the AA. Firmly established as the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival, next year’s Silverstone Classic will be staged at the world famous Silverstone Grand Prix circuit from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 July.

Building on the record-breaking successes of recent events, next summer’s Silverstone Classic will feature unrivalled racing grids featuring the full spectrum of classic motor sport, an exceptional line-up of classic car displays and parades, an amazing array of interactive family entertainment plus outstanding live music from renowned classic rock bands in the evenings.

Sticking to the event’s hugely popular and widely acclaimed ‘access all areas’ policy, tickets will include free entrance to all racing paddocks, trackside grandstands and all live music concerts. Prices are similar to in 2012 when a record 83,500 reveled in the remarkable atmosphere. Adult tickets start from just £30 (plus fees) with considerable savings for festival-goers spending an action-packed weekend at Silverstone and special packages for car clubs. Full details are available on the official www.silverstoneclassic.com website. For 2013, the event will be advance ticket only with no tickets available on the gate.

“With so much thrilling entertainment both on and off the track, the Silverstone Classic is much more than just the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival – it’s the definitive festival for all car enthusiasts,” enthuses Nick Wigley, Event Director. “We will be announcing our full entertainment programme in the coming months, but we can confirm that all the fans’ favourite race grids will be back and we’ll be celebrating yet more significant milestones in motoring history with some mouth-watering car club displays and parades. We introduced lots of interactive driving experiences in 2012 and we will be expanding that area in 2013. We have some great bands in the pipeline, too.”

Senninha
08-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Make sure Honda have it in thier calender to support us again please ... takes priority over Japfest in my book.

As it is a classic show they could bring along some of the Honda heritage cars they displayed in London a few years ago .... or maybe the next halo car??

havoc
09-11-2012, 03:27 PM
:yes:

A nice S800 would be really cool next to the gazebo. The new Acura NSX concept would be even better... ;o)

Papalazarou
09-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Make sure Honda have it in thier calender to support us again please ... takes priority over Japfest in my book

Makes sense as Japfest is only one day and doesn't fit the demographic of the club anymore. Just a shame Silverstone's so expensive.

sorepaws
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM

A nice S800 would be really cool next to the gazebo. The new Acura NSX concept would be even better... ;o)

like this ?

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/sorepaws/Silverstone%202012/DSCF2515.jpg

britlude
10-11-2012, 06:29 PM
not committing until i know the bands performing, and what the cookery demonstration is going to be! (smiley face)

Sudesh
10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
like this ?

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/sorepaws/Silverstone%202012/DSCF2515.jpg

I'm looking for one if those or the convertible at the moment! Nice wee motor.

Senninha
10-11-2012, 09:05 PM
There's a few nice ones in Japan but like the NSX they hold their price .... Would like a red or white convertible too ...

I'm looking for one if those or the convertible at the moment! Nice wee motor.

havoc
11-11-2012, 09:30 AM
There was a white S600 convertible tucked away under a building in side-street in central Kyoto when we were there...looked just right!

sorepaws
22-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Update :

Should have the Club booking number for the 2013SSC BOGOF ticket offer very soon

Pricing is as follows :-

Classic Car Club Display Early Bird Tickets Unitl March 31st 2013 Standard Tickets 1st April – 31st May
Friday £35 £40
Saturday (limited availability) £50 £55
Sunday £45 £50
2-day Fri/Sat £60 £70
2-day Sat/Sun £70 £80
3-day Weekend £80 £95

Using the Club Code will get you the 2 for 1 deal on the tickets
Camping details will follow however I expect them to be similar to last year

So at £80 for 2 people for 3 days of petrol head nirvana this has got to be the best offer of the year

Oh and who is organising it this year ?

sorepaws
17-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Update : Club Booking Code C13209

Time to buy those Christmas Tickets - start the year with the SSC at the top of the list

Pricing is as follows :-

Classic Car Club Display Early Bird Tickets Unitl March 31st 2013 Standard Tickets 1st April – 31st May
Friday £35 £40
Saturday (limited availability) £50 £55
Sunday £45 £50
2-day Fri/Sat £60 £70
2-day Sat/Sun £70 £80
3-day Weekend £80 £95

Using the Club Code will get you the 2 for 1 deal on the tickets
Camping details will follow however I expect them to be similar to last year

So at £80 for 2 people for 3 days of petrol head nirvana this has got to be the best offer of the year

Oh and who is organising it this year ?

sorepaws
11-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Once again Honda have offered to support our event at the Silverstone Classic. As in 2012 they will be proving the Marquee, chairs, tables plasma TV and of course most importantly TOPIARY !

The Sign Up Deadline for the 2 4 1 deal is 31st March LATEST deadline for Club sign up to get your car pass etc is 31st May

The Club code is C13209 and you can book your tickets online here ---> www.silverstoneclassic.com

Look forward to seeing you all there - get signing up

Attending s2013 Siverstone Classic

Sorepaws+1 Fri, Sat, Sun

britlude
24-01-2013, 07:03 PM
just booked my tickets online.
and after last years camping mudbath, i've booked up the Milton Keynes Old Stratford Travelodge, a bargain at £69.50... the Woodlands campsite would have cost me £80 for 2!!!!

Attending 2013 Silverstone Classic

Sorepaws+1 Fri, Sat, Sun
britlude +1 fri, sat, sun

.... so that's 2 of us!

Chris B N
12-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Booked 2 of us for SAT & SUN
Cheers Chris

sorepaws
13-02-2013, 09:59 AM
The Sign Up Deadline for the 2 4 1 deal is 31st March LATEST deadline for Club sign up to get your car pass etc is 31st May

The Club code is C13209 and you can book your tickets online here ---> www.silverstoneclassic.com

Attending s2013 Siverstone Classic:-

Sorepaws+1 Fri, Sat, Sun
britlude +1 fri, Sat, Sun
Chris B N +1 Sat& Sun

sorepaws
11-03-2013, 01:29 PM
bump bump bump

gumball
11-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Booked Sunday, good health all. Mother Nature, sort yourself out.

sorepaws
12-03-2013, 08:20 AM

Sorepaws+1...............Fri, Sat, Sun
britlude +1.................Fri, Sat, Sun
Chris B N +1....................Sat, Sun
Gumball.................................Sun

So far only 4! cheap tickets by the end of the Month - only 3 weeks away

britlude
12-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Mike... With 4 we'll have plenty of room in the hospitality unit... Could we ask for loungers :)

Problem Child
12-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Mike... With 4 we'll have plenty of room in the hospitality unit... Could we ask for loungers :)

....and a BBQ too?

gumball
12-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Only four, well it's a quite expensive show and with NSX prices as they are, some are not willing to commit to keeping the car before the pop. I know I wasn't.

britlude
12-03-2013, 01:34 PM
with early bird discount it's £80ish for 3 days racing and 2 evenings concerts. Pretty good value really!

Dragonlady
12-03-2013, 02:08 PM
We'll be there, Saturday and Sunday.
We think it's one of the best value shows going for the money! With all that's on offer for the weekend other shows would charge four times that amount.

Ian

gumball
12-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Donington is half the price, not sure if it's half the soirée.
But anyway Silverstone is still a great must do event really.

britlude
12-03-2013, 02:27 PM
sorry meant to say £80 for TWO PEOPLE for 3 days entry

kingsley
12-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Booked for Sunday ...Looking forward it. Great event, with good company. Sorepaws, Ian & Sharon, Geoff Promise we will bring the breakfast croissants again....just have the kettle on.

Kingsley

sorepaws
13-03-2013, 09:04 AM

Chris B N +1....................Sat, Sun
DragonLady.....................Sat, Sun
Kingsley.................................Sun

Dragonlady
13-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reminder, I have just bought are tickets for Friday - Sunday. I am looking forward to catching-up with everyone.

Sharon

Chris B N +1................... Sat, Sun
DragonLady................Fri, Sat, Sun (although probabay mid afternoon on the Friday)

Problem Child
13-03-2013, 09:34 PM
....and a BBQ too?

Just checked...........Flying out on Holiday on the 26th so wont be there

Senna88
15-03-2013, 12:33 PM
I've just booked Fri, Sat, Sun but the code didn't go through? So rang up and they sorted it over the phone, said I've got vehicle pass and 2-4-1 but the email confirmation they sent through still says 1 x ticket? Does everyone else's say that?

kingsley
15-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Hi Sean,

I have booked just for Sunday...my e-mail confirmation states 1 Sunday CCM Package @ £48.38 plus ticket booking fee.

Kingsley

sorepaws
18-03-2013, 10:09 AM

DragonLady................Fri, Sat, Sun (although probabay mid afternoon on the Friday)
Senna88 ...................Fri, Sat, Sun

charlie:one
18-03-2013, 08:10 PM
charlie:one +1........................ sun

21-03-2013, 10:54 PM
328.......................................Sun..... ........See you guys there!! :)

L696ULO
23-03-2013, 09:25 AM
328.......................................Sun..... ........See you guys there!! :)
L696ULO................................Sun

tickets booked today as the snow falls!

lotusolly
24-03-2013, 07:35 PM
328.......................................Sun..... ........See you guys there!!
Lotusolly +1..............Fri, Sat, Sun (although probably won't arrive until fri evening)

Tickets and accomodation booked

Olly

ollie
25-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Lotusolly +1..............Fri, Sat, Sun (although probably won't arrive until fri evening)
Ollie ...........................Sunday

Tickets purchased

Steve

b1gbrad
26-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Ollie ...........................Sunday
b1gbrad +1............................Sun

havoc
27-03-2013, 02:08 PM
charlie:one +1........................Sun
Lotusolly +1................Fri, Sat, Sun (although probably won't arrive until fri evening)
Ollie .....................................Sun
b1gbrad +1............................Sun
havoc..............................Fri, Sat (probably Fri after lunch. Looks like I'm the only one not Sunday'ing...am I missing anything??? Other than Porsches?)

jaffaz32
29-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Just paid for all 3 days. +1

Just need to sort some where to stay.

Not sure i'll make the Friday though. I aim to.

jaffaz32
29-03-2013, 03:13 PM
On my order it says

1 3 DAY WEEKEND TICKET - CCM PACKAGE at £86.00

I assume this is for the 2 tickets?

duncan
29-03-2013, 06:27 PM
1, charlie:one +1........................Sun
2, Sorepaws+1...............Fri, Sat, Sun
3, britlude +1.................Fri, Sat, Sun
4, Chris B N +1................... Sat, Sun
5, Gumball.................................Sun
6, DragonLady................Fri, Sat, Sun (although probabay mid afternoon on the Friday)
7, Kingsley.................................Sun
8, Senna88 ...................Fri, Sat, Sun
9, 328.......................................Sun..... ........See you guys there!!
10, L696ULO................................Sun
11, Lotusolly +1................Fri, Sat, Sun (although probably won't arrive until fri evening)
12, Ollie .....................................Sun
12a,b1gbrad +1............................Sun
14, havoc..............................Fri, Sat (probably Fri after lunch. Looks like I'm the only one not Sunday'ing...am I missing anything??? Other than Porsches?)
15, duncan .....................Fri, Sat, Sun

jaffaz32
30-03-2013, 09:45 AM
6, DragonLady................Fri, Sat, Sun (although probabay mid afternoon on the Friday)
9, 328.......................................Sun..... ........See you guys there!!
11, Lotusolly +1................Fri, Sat, Sun (although probably won't arrive until fri evening)
14, havoc..............................Fri, Sat (probably Fri after lunch. Looks like I'm the only one not Sunday'ing...am I missing anything??? Other than Porsches?)
16. Jaffaz32 +1..….........Fri, Sat, Sun

NSX 2000
31-03-2013, 09:03 PM
16. Jaffaz32 +1..….........Fri, Sat, Sun
17. NSX 2000 ...............Fri, Sat, Sun

sorepaws
14-04-2013, 08:49 PM
May 31st is the closing date to get your 2-4-1 tickets and Infield Car pass to attend the SSC 2013 Event.

This year will see music from the Hollies and the Commitments and supporting tribute bands playing music from Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Pink Floyd and the Eagles - my Dad told me this was awesome music !

In additional to Bacon Sarnis and Honda Topiary I will again try and provide limited WiFi for club members to use for simple email use.

If you have bought your tickets please add your name to the list below :-

10, L696ULO..............................Sun
11, Lotusolly +1.............Fri, Sat, Sun (although probably won't arrive until fri evening)
12, Ollie ...................................Sun
12a,b1gbrad +1.........................Sun
14, havoc.......................Fri, Sat (probably Fri after lunch. Looks like I'm the only one not Sunday'ing...am I missing anything??? Other than Porsches?)
15, duncan ....................Fri, Sat, Sun
16. Jaffaz32 +1..…..........Fri, Sat, Sun
17. NSX 2000 ................Fri, Sat, Sun

YES I am optomistic we can get 30 cars there !

NSX 2000
15-04-2013, 10:07 AM
This year will see music from the Hollies and the Commitments and supporting tribute bands playing music from Led Zeppeling, Guns N Roses, Pink Floyd and the Eagles - my Dad told me this was awesome music !

Who are you kidding Mike! You remember them the first time round, infact I bet you have an orignal copy of Dark Side Of The Moon!

kingsley
15-04-2013, 12:51 PM
May 31st is the closing date to get your 2-4-1 tickets and Infield Car pass to attend the SSC 2013 Event.

This year will see music from the Hollies and the Commitments and supporting tribute bands playing music from Led Zeppeling, Guns N Roses, Pink Floyd and the Eagles - my Dad told me this was awesome music !

In additional to Bacon Sarnis and Honda Topiary I will again try and provide limited WiFi for club members to use for simple email use.

11, Lotusolly +1.............Fri, Sat, Sun (although probably won't arrive until fri evening)
14, havoc.......................Fri, Sat (probably Fri after lunch. Looks like I'm the only one not Sunday'ing...am I missing anything??? Other than Porsches?)
18. Blueheaven...............Sun

Mike

sorepaws
15-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Who are you kidding Mike! You remember them the first time round, infact I bet you have an orignal copy of Dark Side Of The Moon!

No I don't have an original of Dark Side of the Moon - but I do have an original of Pink Floyds "Wish You were Here" complete in black plastic cover and with the postcard that came with it - yes on Vinyl !

This year will see music from the Hollies and the Commitments and supporting tribute bands playing music from Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Pink Floyd and the Eagles - my Dad told me this was awesome music !

18. Blueheaven...........................Sun

sorepaws
04-05-2013, 07:55 PM
May 31st is the last day to book tickets and get your car pass. Don't delay book today!

m666 edd
15-05-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm thinking about attending this event. What places are people staying at? Not interested in camping!

Problem Child
15-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm thinking about attending this event. What places are people staying at? Not interested in camping! Whittlebury Hall is nice and only a stones throw away. It also has nice leisure facilities, nice restaurants too. It has a lot of motor sport connections as many of the teams stay there for race meets so lots of nice memorabilia around the place too

http://www.whittleburyhall.co.uk/

Nytram
15-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Whittlebury Hall is nice and only a stones throw away. It also has nice leisure facilities, nice restaurants too. It has a lot of motor sport connections as many of the teams stay there for race meets so lots of nice memorabilia around the place too

http://www.whittleburyhall.co.uk/
We stayed at Whittlebury last year for the Classic but alas this year it has been fully booked since January, So only just booked a Holiday Inn in Milton Keynes.

britlude
15-05-2013, 06:58 PM
booked in at the local travelodge.. Cheap and cheerful and cheaper than camping would have been!

m666 edd
15-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I shall look these up and if they're bookable I'll then decide what days I want to attend.

Thanks

sorepaws
21-05-2013, 08:23 AM
ONLY 10 Days left

sorepaws
28-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Only a few days left to get your tickets and car pass

sorepaws
30-05-2013, 06:52 AM

sorepaws
27-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Are you excited yet ?
The SSC will soon be with us so keep watching this space for more details of the venue, parking and Topiary !

markc
27-06-2013, 02:24 PM
19. Markc.......................... Sat

britlude
27-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Are you excited yet ?
The SSC will soon be with us so keep watching this space for more details of the venue, parking and Topiary !

Yay! i've got my 'Go Jensen' banner ready.....

...or am i getting confused......?

sorepaws
28-06-2013, 09:24 AM
JOnathan,

I would never say you were confused - occassionally obsessive maybe (j/k) :-P

goldtop
28-06-2013, 10:45 AM
I see that the silver/blue 2005 facelift targa is now Silverstone's auction, too: http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/2005-honda-nsx-targa

(Some other interesting cars up for grabs, too.)

havoc
07-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Anyone got a spare Sunday ticket they're not using? Had a change of heart and permission from Becs to go for all 3 days, but only have Fri / Sat tickets.

If interested, I've almost certainly got a Fri and/or a Saturday ticket spare that I'll swap (with cash your way) for the Sun ticket...

Thanks,

Martin.

lotusolly
07-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Anyone got a spare Sunday ticket they're not using? Had a change of heart and permission from Becs to go for all 3 days, but only have Fri / Sat tickets.

If interested, I've almost certainly got a Fri and/or a Saturday ticket spare that I'll swap (with cash your way) for the Sun ticket...

Thanks,

Martin.

Have you tried contacting Silverstone to see if you can upgrade your existing ticket before they send them out?
Less price differential if you can do it that way.

Olly

havoc
08-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Good call...will give them a shout later...

havoc
08-07-2013, 06:58 PM
No joy - SeeTickets will only sell me a full price ticket!

Anyone got a Sunday ticket going begging???

sorepaws
10-07-2013, 07:50 PM
We now have info on the club stand location for the weekend. After last year on the mud we have managed to get space on the tarmac area adjacent to the paddocks. More details will be posted soon, so get polishing.

12-07-2013, 08:18 PM
No joy - SeeTickets will only sell me a full price ticket!

Anyone got a Sunday ticket going begging???

Hi havoc,

just seen on my facebook chris Jeffrey is selling a silver stone classic ticket. Dunno if that will help you. His name is jaffaz32

Good luck :)

cheers,

andy

britlude
15-07-2013, 05:53 PM
got my 'ticket dispatched' email from SEE tickets! hurrah!

if the weather continues in this vein, could i request a bigger fridge for the stand!.... a walk in one would be nice!

sorepaws
16-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Location of Club Stand Zone 4 - most likely you will be directed through the Tunnel.

The organisers ask that all cars are on Site by 10am - I will be there early Friday Morning ready to serve bacon sandwiches

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/sorepaws/SSC13Clublocation_zps4261293a.jpg (http://s778.photobucket.com/user/sorepaws/media/SSC13Clublocation_zps4261293a.jpg.html)

britlude
16-07-2013, 01:13 PM
at least its handy for the cafe and loos!

havoc
16-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Mike - does that apply to Friday too? I'm working in the morning, ETA of 1.30pm or so...

sorepaws
17-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Martin,
there should be instructions/information with your ticket and car pass - for mine it says arrive before 9:30 - minimise onsite traffic between 12:00 and 17:00 you may have something different. I think you would be ok for Friday anyway as it is a much quieter day.

17-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Tickets arrived :) see you guys Sunday.

Thanks mike for organising :)

cheers andy

NSX 2000
17-07-2013, 09:43 AM
at least its handy for the cafe and loos!

Great minds think a like ;)

NSX 2000
17-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Location of Club Stand Zone 4 - most likely you will be directed through the Tunnel.

The organisers ask that all cars are on Site by 10am - I will be there early Friday Morning ready to serve bacon sandwiches

I think they will still send us over the bridge, but will see once I've got my tickets.

I was thinking of getting there early this year (by 8am) but it's one of the kids birthdays, so I might have to have a birthday breakfast with them :( (I love my kids really)

sorepaws
17-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I think they will still send us over the bridge, but will see once I've got my tickets.

I was thinking of getting there early this year (by 8am) but it's one of the kids birthdays, so I might have to have a birthday breakfast with them :( (I love my kids really)

From my Information
"7 . In general, for Blue and Purple car club infield display areas which have T on them, cars will be directed to turn left then through the TUNNEL underneath the circuit near Copse Corner. Once through the TUNNEL purple display areas are to your left, blue display areas to your right. Do NOT drive through the National Paddock;"

sorepaws
17-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Honda Lawn Mower for the club stand at SSC ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23342347

havoc
18-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Now that would be funny. We could probably charge for rides...

Had a missed delivery today which I'm assuming is my tickets. Am still on the scrounge for a Sunday ticket, if anyone's got one for sale?

Also look like I'll have both a Friday and a Saturday ticket spare, if anyone's interested? If it's like previous years the car passes are for the entire weekend, so if anyone wants to do another day...

Auto Spirit
23-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Looks like my Sunday could be free - is it too late to buy tickets to attend the Silverstone Classic? And also is there a chance still to get my car on the NSX stand?
Cheers,
Parvin.

sorepaws
23-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Looks like my Sunday could be free - is it too late to buy tickets to attend the Silverstone Classic? And also is there a chance still to get my car on the NSX stand?
Cheers,
Parvin.

I think the last date to get a car pass when you bought tickets was 31st May - the organisers have now allocated space so unless someone has a pass and only going Fri/Sat - and you can get it in time it is very unlikely you will be able to get on the NSX stand - BUT it is always worth contacting the Organisers

Auto Spirit
23-07-2013, 11:04 AM
I think the last date to get a car pass when you bought tickets was 31st May - the organisers have now allocated space so unless someone has a pass and only going Fri/Sat - and you can get it in time it is very unlikely you will be able to get on the NSX stand - BUT it is always worth contacting the Organisers

Thanks Mike, I will try and get some general entry tickets from the organisers. In tthe meantime, if anyone has a surplus car pass for Sunday, please let me know! Cheers.

Senna88
23-07-2013, 06:04 PM
What's the situation with camping etc? Having never camped at any car show before I'm not really sure what to expect...can anyone suggest a basic list?

britlude
23-07-2013, 09:09 PM
basics... tent (plus mallet), blow up bed, sleeping bag and pillow! the campsite has a basic shop, and a basic pub, loos and showers! at least it's a proper campsite rather than a field with a porta-loo in the corner!

add to the list a torch, spare clothes, spare shoes, hat, sunglasses and a tub of sunblock and you'll have the essentials covered!

if there's alot of rain between now and then put some wellies in too! but the site was supposed to be putting in better drainage after last year!

sorepaws
25-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks Mike, I will try and get some general entry tickets from the organisers. In tthe meantime, if anyone has a surplus car pass for Sunday, please let me know! Cheers.

You have a PM

sorepaws
25-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Looks like we have a really good pitch this year for the Event, the guys from Tiger Red are setting up the Marquee this morning - we only have one 5x5 Marquee the other one was damaged at Goodwood, but we have a 4x4 pop up as well. We still have the fridge and TV though. I will be there tomorrow morning setting up the kettle !

Look forward to seeing you all over the weekend, the weather looks like it will be good to us (maybe a few showers) and no chance this year of getting mud on your P&J :D

jaffaz32
25-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Hi Guys,

I've not been online for a while.

I'm all sorted for tomorrow i think lol.

I have a fair distance to come and have to go straight to the hotel to check in, then i will be down. I will not be able to get there by 10am though because the check in at the hotel.

If you can save me a space on the stand that will be great, don't want to upset anyone when i arrive slightly late to ask to be squeezed on ;).

I'm here for the full 3 days.

I'm not camping but would like to stay for the stage and entertainment in the evening, i assume the gates are still open late at night so i can get out?

sorepaws
25-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Stand Location

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/sorepaws/SSC13Clublocation_zps4261293a.jpg (http://s778.photobucket.com/user/sorepaws/media/SSC13Clublocation_zps4261293a.jpg.html)

jaffaz32
25-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Also, does anyone know if there is a slot to book track time?

britlude
25-07-2013, 10:48 AM
No track time at this event as it's a full on classic race meeting! The only non-competition cars are usually a Lunchtime parade that's invite only depending on the theme. And that is VERY controlled by the organisers!

sorepaws
25-07-2013, 03:38 PM
, i assume the gates are still open late at night so i can get out?
Gates are open till late

havoc
25-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Chris, I spoke to the organisers today (I can't get there until lunch tomorrow), and it sounds like they're being strict about the 10am-4/5pm "no infield movement" - I've been told to park in the general public car parks and walk in. I asked about leaving, and they said they don't want car club members leaving before the end of that period "although they'll be more flexible on Sunday afternoon!"
(Very gracious of them!)

While I can understand the principle ref traffic levels, that they're being black and white about it is I think quite telling about who they see as important (I was told they wanted to keep infield roads for the the VIP cars and courtesy buses!), and it's not the car clubs...

Ah well...early starts it is then...

sorepaws
25-07-2013, 07:09 PM
if anyone needs to get hold of me over the next 3 days at this event my number is 07825 355843

Martin , call me when you arrive at Silverstone and I maybe able to give you an update on traffic movements

havoc
25-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Cheers Mike! See some of you tomorrow...

havoc
28-07-2013, 06:46 PM
What a great weekend. Thanks for (once again) organising it Mike - the Honda gazebo was very welcome, especially during a certain meteorological event. Was nice to see a bunch of familiar faces, too...and some not so familiar ones.

I've got a whole bunch of photos to process...I'll get the NSX ones sorted first and post a link up on here if anyone's interested.

Oh...20 minutes after I got home I had a nappy to change...talk about back to reality!!!

britlude
28-07-2013, 08:43 PM
great weekend and great company! Thanks Mike for taking the reins once again, liaising with Honda, the Red Tiger guy(s), and Silverstone for what is often a thankless task! I'll sort some pix when i get home!

sorepaws
29-07-2013, 09:24 AM
I think everyone had a good time, with the possible exception of the 3 lads that I asked what they were doing sitting in our Marquee ! I have posted a few pictures in the Photo Section I hope there will be more and better ones from others to come.

I would also like some input from those that didn't attend this year to see how you might be encouraged to join us. There has been a gradual decline in numbers over the past 4 years and at such a special event with a wide range of things to do and cars to see I would like to know what we can do as a club that would make this the event of the year for the NSX Club

Thoughts and ideas here or PM me if you like

WhyOne?
29-07-2013, 10:16 AM
I would also like some input from those that didn't attend this year to see how you might be encouraged to join us. There has been a gradual decline in numbers over the past 4 years and at such a special event with a wide range of things to do and cars to see I would like to know what we can do as a club that would make this the event of the year for the NSX Club

To get me along, the solution is very simple - get the organisers to move the event away from school summer hol's!

kingsley
29-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Hi Sorepaws....Many thanks again for your hardwork greatly appreciated by all.... We were only able to the one day but next year we will do Saturday and Sunday because there is so much to see and do, great event...... I'm sure the "3 young lads " enjoyed it...they had more biscuits than you did.
Great company.

Kingsley

b1gbrad
29-07-2013, 11:50 AM
This was my first SSC and me and the Missus enjoyed it a lot! There's was plenty to keep us occupied, which meant we didn't really get to mingle with the rest of you guys. I arrived quite early on with Andy (after keeping him and a few mates waiting for me - sorry about that, I had a late night)! And when we decided to come back to the car for a while later in the day everyone was departing too. So I didn't properly get to meet any of you guys.

Plus, no-one told me you had biscuits! ;-)

Nytram
29-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks Mike, again another brilliant weekend at Silverstone this is surely now the biggest and best motoring event of the year, we only did Sat and Sun this time but we need to revert to 3 days for next year
Thanks to Honda for the Marquee, and the happy chap that delivered it.

Cheers Martyn.

29-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Hi brad,

dont worry too much about that :) it was great to meet you and also to know your only down the road :)!

This was my first SSC and me and the Missus enjoyed it a lot! There's was plenty to keep us occupied, which meant we didn't really get to mingle with the rest of you guys. I arrived quite early on with Andy (after keeping him and a few mates waiting for me - sorry about that, I had a late night)! And when we decided to come back to the car for a while later in the day everyone was departing too. So I didn't properly get to meet any of you guys.

Plus, no-one told me you had biscuits! ;-)

29-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Hi mike,

a big BIG thank you for organising this! I had a brilliant time and nice to catch up with everyone!

Cheers,

andy

goldtop
30-07-2013, 10:25 AM

OK, I wasn't able to attend this year due to other commitments (made before I bought my car). I would have liked to, as I still haven't been to any NSX meet since buying mine! The photos are interesting to see, and I would have liked to meet you guys.

But... the more I read about the SSC itself, the less likely I feel I want to go to the event. For starters, I just don't do camping! ;)

sorepaws
30-07-2013, 11:01 AM
OK, I wasn't able to attend this year due to other commitments (made before I bought my car). I would have liked to, as I still haven't been to any NSX meet since buying mine! The photos are interesting to see, and I would have liked to meet you guys.

But... the more I read about the SSC itself, the less likely I feel I want to go to the event. For starters, I just don't do camping! ;)

between 100% and 95% of attendees from the club don't camp either - so what is the next excuse ? :D

britlude
30-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Sarah and i didn't camp this year after the mud bath of 2012 but settled for a travelodge 12 miles away. Booking early ( the same time as you would be booking the SSC tickets early too to get the 2 for 1 offer) meant the hotel was actually cheaper than the camping option would have been!

nobby
30-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Been trying to get over to an event with the club for ages and was hoping this year's SSC was gonna be it. However newborn baby and Sudesh selling his NSX (not really an excuse :) ... Joking mate! ) was hoping we could both do it.

Hopefully next year and I am willing to travel with the additional travel costs of getting there we face here. well done to those who attended.

britlude
30-07-2013, 06:38 PM
i have yet to work out why japfest is more popular that SSC.. unless the NSX demographic is firmly set in the 'backwards baseball cap, seat laid back gangsta styleee'.

japfest, apart from the appalling, incurable traffic queues which may appeal to some, is firmly aimed at the adolescent, max-power, 'drifting is good', sticker buying audience. a day of 'entertainment' that gets boring very quickly. watching someone else doing a track-day has never been that interesting! that is of course unless you LOVE blue subaru imprezzas with '555' branding! 'dog burger' anyone?

silverstone classic however is a whole different affair. there is 3 days of quality racing, and don't for a minute think that they take it easy in their £500k+ classic race cars. they don't, they properly race, as the cars should be used! add to that a load of traders, decent choice of food outlets, and 2 free evening concerts the VFM rating keeps getting better. then there's the clubs, everything from classic Pipers, morgans, jaguars to astons, ferrari, lambos, and of course NSX! there was even a MX5 club with far too many cars! definite lack of hairdressers working that weekend! just to add to the mix, my drag racing friends at Taz racing give a demo of proper power at the streetcar shootout! 500HP fiat 126 anyone???

out of the 2 SSC is really the must do event!

just saying.....

Senninha
30-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Apart from meeting friends old and new, Japfest has had it's day for me. I was very grateful to Kare for loaning his spare NSX for the day. Had mine been on the road, Silverstone would have been my event of choice.

So a concerted effort to get all my little jobs finished and make sure you give me the dates early .... I may even do a couple of days as I really enjoyed it when I did join you all!

regards, Paul

Senninha
06-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Boys & Girls,

Monday night at 8pm on ITV4 there is an hours coverage of this years Silverstone event. Highly likely to focus on the track action but they may be achance to see your Pride n Joy on telly!

Enjoy, (and I believe it may be shown at other time too)

regards, Paul

L696ULO
06-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Monday is the last time it will be shown with a possible exception at Christmas. It has 8 days left on itv player, I forgot to watch it in August so 45 mins is reserved over the weekend to watch it.
Thanks fo the reminder

cheers Rich

Papalazarou
13-09-2013, 03:40 PM
i have yet to work out why japfest is more popular that SSC.. unless the NSX demographic is firmly set in the 'backwards baseball cap, seat laid back gangsta styleee'.

japfest, apart from the appalling, incurable traffic queues which may appeal to some, is firmly aimed at the adolescent, max-power, 'drifting is good', sticker buying audience. a day of 'entertainment' that gets boring very quickly. watching someone else doing a track-day has never been that interesting! that is of course unless you LOVE blue subaru imprezzas with '555' branding! 'dog burger' anyone?

silverstone classic however is a whole different affair. there is 3 days of quality racing, and don't for a minute think that they take it easy in their £500k+ classic race cars. they don't, they properly race, as the cars should be used! add to that a load of traders, decent choice of food outlets, and 2 free evening concerts the VFM rating keeps getting better. then there's the clubs, everything from classic Pipers, morgans, jaguars to astons, ferrari, lambos, and of course NSX! there was even a MX5 club with far too many cars! definite lack of hairdressers working that weekend! just to add to the mix, my drag racing friends at Taz racing give a demo of proper power at the streetcar shootout! 500HP fiat 126 anyone???

out of the 2 SSC is really the must do event!

just saying.....

I read yours and Paul's posts the other week, but it's taken a while to reply. First of all; however it's meant, it comes over a little disrespectful to belittle events that other members spend time organising. Especially when all you have to do is turn up. However, I take the point about the traffic. Japfest has got too large for the venue and even the traffic calming measure this year weren't all that effective.
However, it's an event which enables club members to convoy down, meet up and talk about cars. On a few Japfest's I've hardly left the stand, despite there being a lot going on.
Certainly horses for courses, but IMO the charm of JF is the lack of ego attached the event. At any age with any budget you can join a club and be part of a big event.
Silverstone on the other hand, I find a little pretentious. The last time I went I got the distinct impression we were at best tolerated.
Jon' the stuff that you are so anxious to see is the very much a spectacle. It's worth making the journey for, but it's not accessible to the masses in the same way as an event like JF.
As for the trade stands. I'm not sure whether Silverstone has improved, but last time I went they were pretty poor. And the club stands?
What I am trying to say is this; at a simple level, all NSXCB events are great, because they allow us to meet up and talk about cars, life etc. The content is personal taste. There are good and bad things about every event. With this in mind, can we lay off the critique. Because if we don't, you SE boys will get your wish and they'll be one event and it will be Silverstone and the 'club' will be poorer for it.

Cheers,

James.

havoc
13-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Certainly horses for courses, but IMO the charm of JF is the lack of ego attached the event. At any age with any budget you can join a club and be part of a big event.

Silverstone on the other hand, I find a little pretentious. The last time I went I got the distinct impression we were at best tolerated.
Jon' the stuff that you are so anxious to see is the very much a spectacle. It's worth making the journey for, but it's not accessible to the masses in the same way as an event like JF.
As for the trade stands. I'm not sure whether Silverstone has improved, but last time I went they were pretty poor. And the club stands?

I think you're wrong about the SSC - comparing it to the Goodwood FoS it's refreshingly LACKING in pretention. Yes the BRDC have their stand and private car park, but it's the home of British motorsport and they pay their dues. SSC ask all the clubs into the infield, whether MX5, MG or Maserati...Goodwood FoS want to charge you to park your supercar on display and want to vet the suitability of your car first! And there you really do get the monied 'look at me' set, and the F1 hangers-on.

At the SSC I've got chatting to owners of all sorts of cars, and most are happy to chat, whether competition machines or car-club - spent 15mins with a Diablo SV owner this year, including sitting in his car admiring the sheer lack of practicality! :D Was on quite good terms with the #2 driver of the old white/green Group-C Jaguar for a couple of years, after nothing more than a few chats at my first SSC. That said, I'll grant you there's a lot more 'money' at the SSC, just by the nature of owning/running classic racing cars. And there are a few 'monied' people who act-up, though more often those owning a car with a donkey or a cow on the front than those running a D-Type/Sauber/Mclaren...

I agree JAE/Japfest are more accessible to the 'chap in the street'...IF said chap is into modding/tuning Japanese cars. I'm not - my S2000 and both ITRs were virtually standard, my NSX is mechanically standard and the cosmetic stuff was added by a previous owner. The times I've been to either event I've actually got bored with the repetitive "look at my shiny engine bay with a huge turbo and dozens of pipes everywhere, all colour-coded" at each club stand, and the repetitive trade stands, all offering tuning/cleaning kit - the *** scene in that regard is very 1-dimensional - it's all about modding - "yes, we are all individual!". And attempts to engage such owners in conversation usually descend into bragging-rights of 1/4 mile times or rolling-road results. Or worse, which wax lasts longest! ;)

So it depends what you like. I like variety...I've had a series of Hondas but have a real appreciation for a whole range of 'modern classics' as well as the older, prettier stuff. And while I've massive respect for stuff like the 22B, TME and V-Spec IIs, and would happily pore over one for a while, my experience of Japfest is that such machines are almost drowned out by the acres of Type-UKs, VIII MR FQ-xxx's and cooking Celicas. At the SSC you genuinely don't know where to look first - the mint E30 Cecotto, the Boxster Spyder, the gorgeous short-nose D-Type, Tim Harvey's old R500, wow that is an Enzo...next to another one...next to a 250 SWB!!!

Anyway, essay over. I guess we're coming from different viewpoints...I've done the ***-scene and got bored of it - the sameness and the egos. And I know I'll never be able to afford to 'take part' in the competition side of the SSC (let alone the lack of driving ability), but just soaking the atmosphere, sounds and smells up is good enough...it genuinely IS the best m'sport event in the country, so forgive us for being a little evangelical...and please try it before you condemn it.

Papalazarou
14-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I think you're wrong about the SSC - comparing it to the Goodwood FoS it's refreshingly LACKING in pretention. Yes the BRDC have their stand and private car park, but it's the home of British motorsport and they pay their dues. SSC ask all the clubs into the infield, whether MX5, MG or Maserati...Goodwood FoS want to charge you to park your supercar on display and want to vet the suitability of your car first! And there you really do get the monied 'look at me' set, and the F1 hangers-on.

At the SSC I've got chatting to owners of all sorts of cars, and most are happy to chat, whether competition machines or car-club - spent 15mins with a Diablo SV owner this year, including sitting in his car admiring the sheer lack of practicality! :D Was on quite good terms with the #2 driver of the old white/green Group-C Jaguar for a couple of years, after nothing more than a few chats at my first SSC. That said, I'll grant you there's a lot more 'money' at the SSC, just by the nature of owning/running classic racing cars. And there are a few 'monied' people who act-up, though more often those owning a car with a donkey or a cow on the front than those running a D-Type/Sauber/Mclaren...

I agree JAE/Japfest are more accessible to the 'chap in the street'...IF said chap is into modding/tuning Japanese cars. I'm not - my S2000 and both ITRs were virtually standard, my NSX is mechanically standard and the cosmetic stuff was added by a previous owner. The times I've been to either event I've actually got bored with the repetitive "look at my shiny engine bay with a huge turbo and dozens of pipes everywhere, all colour-coded" at each club stand, and the repetitive trade stands, all offering tuning/cleaning kit - the *** scene in that regard is very 1-dimensional - it's all about modding - "yes, we are all individual!". And attempts to engage such owners in conversation usually descend into bragging-rights of 1/4 mile times or rolling-road results. Or worse, which wax lasts longest! ;)

So it depends what you like. I like variety...I've had a series of Hondas but have a real appreciation for a whole range of 'modern classics' as well as the older, prettier stuff. And while I've massive respect for stuff like the 22B, TME and V-Spec IIs, and would happily pore over one for a while, my experience of Japfest is that such machines are almost drowned out by the acres of Type-UKs, VIII MR FQ-xxx's and cooking Celicas. At the SSC you genuinely don't know where to look first - the mint E30 Cecotto, the Boxster Spyder, the gorgeous short-nose D-Type, Tim Harvey's old R500, wow that is an Enzo...next to another one...next to a 250 SWB!!!

Anyway, essay over. I guess we're coming from different viewpoints...I've done the ***-scene and got bored of it - the sameness and the egos. And I know I'll never be able to afford to 'take part' in the competition side of the SSC (let alone the lack of driving ability), but just soaking the atmosphere, sounds and smells up is good enough...it genuinely IS the best m'sport event in the country, so forgive us for being a little evangelical...and please try it before you condemn it.

Martin, I know we don't always agree, but I think what you've said makes a lot of sense.
Because I only go to a few events a year; Japfest, Thornfalcon and this year Classics at the castle. I never really get bored of any format. When I go to JF, I generally get my buzz from the convoy, the car chat, watching a bit of track action and talking to interested party's about the NSX. Much of the modding and the heavily riced up trade stands pass me by. However, there is a lot of clever stuff on display. The tiny gap between tasteful and vulgar is incredibly small. Aesthetically, I find this both funny and interesting.

My gripe has never really been with the format. Although I feel that every type of event has it's pros and cons. But rather with the lack of perspective on this site. Japfest, Silverstone, JAE, The Sherborne Classic, Mugen tour and dinner. What does it matter what the event is, as long as we get together as a club a few times a year?

Cheers,

James.

havoc
14-09-2013, 07:48 PM
What does it matter what the event is, as long as we get together as a club a few times a year?

I'll drink to that. Hopefully before Xmas! ;)

britlude
14-09-2013, 07:54 PM
i don't know... I make a comment on Japfest compared to SSC in response to Mike's 'why don't more go to SSC' question and I'm suddenly not allowed an opinion! I didn't say i wasn't going to Japfest, in fact I'm definitely going next year! This year I've done japfest. Supercar Sunday at goodwood. Supercar siege, SSC ,FOS supercar parking, A couple of local shows and the mini meets! Add to that shows in the hotrod and others in the cube it's been a busy year

Papalazarou
14-09-2013, 08:21 PM
i don't know... I make a comment on Japfest compared to SSC in response to Mike's 'why don't more go to SSC' question and I'm suddenly not allowed an opinion! I didn't say i wasn't going to Japfest, in fact I'm definitely going next year! This year I've done japfest. Supercar Sunday at goodwood. Supercar siege, SSC ,FOS supercar parking, A couple of local shows and the mini meets! Add to that shows in the hotrod and others in the cube it's been a busy year

Great, you can organise next years stand;-)

Cheers,

James.

Problem Child
15-09-2013, 09:30 AM

I'll drink to that. Hopefully before Xmas! ;)

They have the right idea in the US................God bless America!!! http://www.hotimportnights.com/2013/08/september-14-2013-phoenix-convention-center-phoenix-az/

havoc
15-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Good god...that looks like the worst combination of JAE and a MaxPower event possible...

Problem Child
15-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Good god...that looks like the worst combination of JAE and a MaxPower event possible...

Pheonix isn't all that bad!