PDA

View Full Version : Another good value manual NSX + Targa

Sudesh
01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Don't know the history or any other details, but it says its a manua and Targa, and looks good.

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/honda-nsx-t-1996/885884

Mentioned back in 09 http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6839-does-anyone-know-anything-P6-NSX

nobby
01-11-2012, 09:59 PM
looks great and nice colour too

Sudesh
01-11-2012, 10:00 PM

Yeah they look well with silver wheels lol

goldtop
01-11-2012, 10:04 PM

Strangely, I was thinking "how much to wrap it".

No offence! ;)

Sudesh
01-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Strangely, I was thinking "how much to wrap it".

No offence! ;)

I really like the yellow, looks much better in the flesh.

goldtop
01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Yellow's a bit 'marmite', I think.

Isn't there some problem with yellow cars being covered in (presumably rather confused and hungry) flies in Summer?

nobby
01-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Yellow is not marmite on an NSX ... I was never a fan of yellow and was worried about viewing the NSX I now own; but when I saw it sitting on the car lift I was sold. So much better in the flesh.

you would be mad to dismiss this if looking a manual car IMO

Yellow's a bit 'marmite', I think.

Isn't there some problem with yellow cars being covered in (presumably rather confused and hungry) flies in Summer?

nobby
01-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Oh no ... Not again : )

Yeah they look well with silver wheels lol

NSX-FAN
02-11-2012, 12:34 PM
It looks a nice honest car in the pics, good chance the owner is a real enthusiast as there appears to be a Blue S2K in the garage.

I think personally if i was selling the car like an NSX, the advert would be more like an essay not just 3 lines and an interior picture would be nice.

henry_mac
02-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Was mine, sadly had to go , taxman and daughters education had to come first :-(, still have the s2k with mugen bits, 2 sports cars was a bit too much for a family man i'm told by my better half.

3 years of fun, fantastic car. I will miss the NSX greatly.

New super car in a few years...hopefully

H

henry_mac
02-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I took it for an MOT today, and the guy at Honda said lots of people were lining up looking at it.
a few thought it was a ferrari ...

H

Sudesh
02-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi Henry,

Is the car still yours? We bit confused as you said in the last post it WAS yours and HAD to go, then above you mention taking it for mot, so I assume its STILL yours.

duncan
02-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Oh bum, the number of IPY NSXs in the fair city of Chelmsford is about to plummet - best of luck with the sale [and the taxman].
Duncan

TheSebringOne
02-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Looks lovely, in great condition and at a great price. It should sell very quickly.

Senninha
03-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Hi Henry,

did you used to 'loan' it the dealer for events \ occasions? If this was your car on display then very nice and a great opportunity for someone ...

Goldtop,

~£1300 to £2000 nowadays depending on the colour and finish you require ... best around are probably these guys http://www.colourmycar.net/

From this ....
http://www.colourmycar.net/content/root/en/images/honda-nsx-pearl-white-1.jpg

To this ....

http://www.colourmycar.net/content/root/en/images/honda-nsx-pearl-white.jpg

regards, Paul

henry_mac
03-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Yes - 'loaned' it to Chelmsford Honda for the launch of the CRZ. There was more interest in the car than any other in the showroom... obviously

henry_mac
03-11-2012, 08:31 PM
I have a few bits and pieces that people may be interested in, I have no need for them anymore... sadly
Main relay spare that Kaz replaced for me a while back, Kaz re-soldered it and it was in the boot as a spare (Mitsuba RZ - 0152)
spare bulbs (several) that came with the car, part numbers below
33165-SBO-731 X2
34901-SN7-G00 X2
34253-671-003 X2
34901-S6D-G01
34901-S6D-G01HE
34907-415-751 X2
34908-ST3-E01HE

Driver side door lever - details below -

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/door_repair/ - Cost me $85 delivered from SOS

PM me if you want them..

H

goldtop
05-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Didn't take long: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/honda/nsx/used-honda-nsx-3-0-v6-2dr-bedford-fpa-201244491231624

goldtop
05-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Dealer should probably have asked Henry's permission to use his (far better) photos! :)

WhyOne?
06-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Dealer should probably have asked Henry's permission to use his (far better) photos! :)

Shame he didn't seek advice from Henry on the description as well - that is a horribly 'shouty' ad, with some shocking grammar. "...POSSIBILY THE MOST CLEANEST...."

Good grief.

nobby
06-11-2012, 05:40 PM
sad to see this lovely example being snapped up by a dealer in the first instance. just a hatchet job for a quick turnaround/quick buck IMHO ... pics and desc make that clear to see

thought some of the grammar was hilarious when i read it this morning ... all from a dealer too.

surely from a dealer perspective this is NOT good ... their ad's should be proof read and professionally written (as possible) before going under the public eye ... if they cant advertise the car properly what impression does it give for sales and potential aftersales????

it is shocking what goes on now re internet advertising and what the perception is of a decent advert now etc

Nick Graves
06-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Well, at least if those track rod ends are still a bit wobbly, the eventual new owner can get them fixed at someone else's expense!

Every Silver Cloud has a lining...

Nick Graves
06-11-2012, 08:25 PM
BTW; to every TRAYDA OUT THEIR WOT FINKS THEY NOSE HOW TO WRIE AND ADVERT FOR AN NXS, THIS IS HOW YER DOES IT:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEAM-VAN-12Mths-MOT-595-AINT-GETTING-NO-PLANE-CRAZY-FOOL-PRICE-/180999739650?_trksid=p2045573.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555003%26algo%3DPW.CAT%26ao%3D1%26 asc%3D33%26meid%3D3254074927166710451%26pid%3D1000 34%26prg%3D1031%26rk%3D2%26

WhyOne?
06-11-2012, 09:57 PM
You are quite right Nick....that advert is as good as the NSX advert is bad.

Diesse 19
06-11-2012, 11:01 PM
They mighy not have a clue about how to write a decent ad but they certainly know how to snaffle the cars for sale in record time. Getting fed up now.

Nick Graves
07-11-2012, 11:07 AM
They're only trying to make a living, but it does seem a bit pimpy, somehow. Just because you've nothing better to do than dash across the country with wads of cash before anyone else gets a look in.

You've also got to blame the owners for selling though; there's two parts to a contract!

Papalazarou
07-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I always state strictly no traders on my adverts. Even then I had a couple offering me high forties last time. I think the worst part was how bloody pushy they were. Their main attack being that private buyers will let me down and I'll be lucky to achieve the price in the advert.
Private sellers don't do themselves any favours though. If you don't check the market before you establish a price; like the guy with the circuit blue car, traders snapping things up is inevitable.

Cheers.

Diesse 19
07-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Couldnt agree more Nick and Papalazarou. Im really struggling to understand why the owners who decide to sell just put their cars on Pistonheads and the like.
Surely they know by now that the traders are going to get there first. Myself, Goldtop and others are openly stating that they are ready to buy.
I dont expect any favours from people I dont really know, but if it were me and there were no problems with the car I would much rather sell to another genuine enthusiast rather than a car dealer .
Or am I missing something here?

Pete

Sudesh
07-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I think it's a case of, the dealers being ready to buy without even viewing the car and in most cases it's an extremely fast simple sale.

I've sold cars to dealers before, both here and abroad that just phoned, said "Ill take the car' what's your bank details" transferred the money instantly and had a transporter sent to collect the car. I sent 3 Skylines and a Supra out to Germany on 4 separate occasions to dealers, that never even called me, just emailed said the same thing, "I'll buy it" and deal was done in a very nice simple transaction.

Private sale is usually allot slower.

goldtop
07-11-2012, 06:16 PM
What's that saying... "faint heart never won fair lady". True of rare Japanese supercars, too.

I suppose dealers have have the resources to take more risks and also have the ability to fix/hide any problems that the cars they buy unseen might have.

Meanwhile, me/diesse/others with a day job are struggling simply to get out to see the cars promptly!

PeterW
07-11-2012, 08:38 PM
The dealers don't always get it right. On the face of it, the dealer who bought Hondaboy's car might have some regrets. It's down to £16,985 now. IIRC Hondaboy's last asking price was £17,500 ovno. I'm sure it's a well loved car too.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201239486081077/sort/default/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/1500/postcode/wa130qq?logcode=p

Peter

Hondaboy
07-11-2012, 08:57 PM
The dealers don't always get it right. On the face of it, the dealer who bought Hondaboy's car might have some regrets. It's down to £16,985 now. IIRC Hondaboy's last asking price was £17,500 ovno. I'm sure it's a well loved car too.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201239486081077/sort/default/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/quicksearch/true/radius/1500/postcode/wa130qq?logcode=p

Peter

Yes I've been keeping an eye on the traders ad too lol second price drop since he bought it think he's just looking to break even on it now

I had no offers on the car advertising it here and on ph and auto trader so a dealer was my last resort can honestly say though that the car is in tip top condition no faults at all and a shame nobody wants it can't understand it really as soon as I saw it I had to have it but then a have a terrible obsession with White cars lol

Nick Graves
08-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Ooh, Schadenfreude! I'm a rotten bugger, sometimes.

Diesse 19
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
He he, you got that right Nick. Not that youre a rotten bugger, the schadenfreude bit I mean!!

havoc
09-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh, I dunno Diesse...Nick IS an accountant!!!

Dealers snapping stuff up in seconds is annoying - I've missed out on the only two mint 330i / 335i tourings to pop up recently!

WhyOne?
09-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Dealers snapping stuff up in seconds is annoying - I've missed out on the only two mint 330i / 335i tourings to pop up recently!

Moving to the dark side you are!

soddy
10-11-2012, 10:30 PM
i think it looks great in the white. if honda boy does not mind me asking, why is it only that price?
feel a bit tempted tbh as it's alot cheaper than other autos and not overly big miles for it's age.

Sudesh
10-11-2012, 11:46 PM
i think it looks great in the white. if honda boy does not mind me asking, why is it only that price?
feel a bit tempted tbh as it's alot cheaper than other autos and not overly big miles for it's age.

The purple targa in Cork is the best value out there at the moment, provided history is good enough and no horror stories. to be honest at that price I wouldn't even been overlay bothered about the service history as you could easily budget for the main service items if there is no recored.

And there is NO import duty to bring the car back into the North or UK, all that's required is mot and pay for 6 or 12 months tax.

nobby
11-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Soddy

get a look at that one in Cork mate, and bring another NSX up North!

as Sudesh says the pricing is decent and gives scope for any add servicing it may need.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C334251

TheSebringOne
11-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I know its the wrong time of the year to sell, but this seems like a bargain!

Sudesh
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
I know its the wrong time of the year to sell, but this seems like a bargain!

If I hadn't of bough a new daily driver, I would be away to view the car in Cork.

havoc
11-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Moving to the dark side you are!

Aye...but I need a modern car (co. car regs say <5y.o., plus crash protection is now more important since we've got Joshua), and I need SOME practicality...and the only Honda that combines those with any involvement at all is the ultra-stiff FD2.

The other option is Becs gets a CRV and I drive her MkV GTi for a bit...

Sudesh
30-11-2012, 08:47 PM
This car is back up forsale on eBay for £19,995.

Anyone in the market for a manual, should definitely have a look at this.

Senninha
30-11-2012, 10:02 PM
So is that a choice of 3 keenly priced autos on the market at present?

The Midnight T (surely the nearest Goldtop will get to ideal spec bar the stick), this yellow T and the all white ex-Hondaboy coupe .....

There's a deal or 3 sitting to be had by someone ....

Sudesh
30-11-2012, 10:14 PM
So is that a choice of 3 keenly priced autos on the market at present?

The Midnight T (surely the nearest Goldtop will get to ideal spec bar the stick), this yellow T and the all white ex-Hondaboy coupe .....

There's a deal or 3 sitting to be had by someone ....

The yellow on in this thread is a manual!

Senninha
30-11-2012, 11:12 PM
The yellow on in this thread is a manual!

My bad, missed that ... definately dont get why this is not sold ... best spec you can get for UK roads (apart from NA2)

As for the autos, I'm in the same boat as you Sudesh, not long changed my daily otherwise I'd have jumped on one of these for sure (probably the Midnight)

TheSebringOne
30-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Same here, why has this car not sold!? Looks like an absolute steal.

nobby
01-12-2012, 11:40 AM
jeepers ... i would nearly want to go to my bank and take a loan out for this ... 20k for a 96 manual targa; for any potential wannabe NSX owner its time to put up or shut up me thinks!

Diesse 19
01-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Been to see and drive this yellow car this morning and let me tell you its not really the bargain it appears to be.
Whoever buys it is going to need some very deep pockets indeed. Looks well enough as its been resprayed but methinks that previous owners have not really kept up with the type of maintenance that we know these cars require. Apart from still being on the original waterpump and not having had a cambelt in 8 years there are other potentially more expensive issues too.
If you can do all the work yourself then it may suit you but the potential for a few surprisingly large bills has scared me off!
Drove a little oddly too so the the steering problems from a couple of years ago dont seem to have been rectified.

Nick Graves
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the update, DS.

Room for negotiation for someone?

nobby
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
good for you in making the trip to view it ... sorry it appears to have NOT been the one for you ... that car in Cork could still be the one for you mate!

there are owners out there that have NEVER changed the TB and likely the WP too.

These cars will always require some maintenance due to their age etc ... its well worth pointing out that it would be beneficial to add 20-30% of asking price for any remedial work a car may require.

2.5yrs+ ownership aside from upgrades, I have had to buy parts and fix things.

Large bills are to be expected with an NSX ... due to parts prices etc

Sounds like some strong negotiation needed on this car as well as a few quid to get her tip top

still think she would be a good car considering current valuations and sought-ability

Been to see and drive this yellow car this morning and let me tell you its not really the bargain it appears to be.
Whoever buys it is going to need some very deep pockets indeed. Looks well enough as its been resprayed but methinks that previous owners have not really kept up with the type of maintenance that we know these cars require. Apart from still being on the original waterpump and not having had a cambelt in 8 years there are other potentially more expensive issues too.
If you can do all the work yourself then it may suit you but the potential for a few surprisingly large bills has scared me off!
Drove a little oddly too so the the steering problems from a couple of years ago dont seem to have been rectified.

NSXGB
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
So, in fairness, the price does seem to reflect that it needs some work. Maybe £3-4k in the buyers favour? Sounds like the respray and the fact that the car has not been serviced to schedule probably put you off more?

I really couldn't go that long without doing the timing belt but I think that some people don't understand. My neighbour has a Supra TT that was imported in 2000, he has not had the belt changed since he has had it. I'm virtually pleading with him to get it done!

Nick Graves
01-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Nail>head there, NSXGB.

Especially if the car's only doing 1,000 miles per annum.

I'm not one for over-servicing, but there are some age-related items that simply must be done.

Depends really on how much rectification it needs; any 20 YO car must be a potential cost trap, compared to a 2005. Yet the price differential more than covers the difference.

It's that NSX quandary, really.

Sudesh
01-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I still thinks its a cheap car.

Diesse 19
02-12-2012, 10:40 AM
How much for driveshaft joints? anyone know?

NSXGB
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
How much for driveshaft joints? anyone know?

You can buy refurb kits if the joint is not too far gone. They are <$25 each from the USA (£90+ each in the UK). If the bearing surfaces are NFG, it starts to get expensive - ~$300 an end. These packs contain boots, bands, grease and new locking collars.
Again, from the USA, you can buy a complete passenger side refurbished driveshaft from rock auto for silly cheap money (£42!) and not too much to ship. Good feedback can be found on prime for those.

From HUK they are about £1k each.

Nick Graves
02-12-2012, 02:23 PM
That's the thing; go the Acura route & it can be put back into good working order for not too much.

Go HUK & you might as well SCRAP IT.

Kaz-kzukNA1
02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
If replacing the left drive shaft, make sure to order the correct one.

The length is different between MT and AT model.

Kaz

Diesse 19
05-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Well Ive taken a deep breath and Ive been and gone and done it!

After negotiation with the dealer we agreed at a lower price for the car.

Put a deposit down and picking her up on Saturday!! yaaaay at last!

Thanks to all you guys for the help, informatiion is power!

Pete

Sudesh
05-12-2012, 05:34 PM

Pete

Congrats! and wish you all the best with the new purchased; and welcome to NSX ownership!

Alpinestars
05-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Congrats and I'm sure you will love it!

scottg
05-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Pete

Good move. It looks alot of car for the money and you can be safe in the knowledge the work has been done if you are organising it yourself.

NSXGB
05-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Well done, I'm sure it will put a smile on your face.

Senninha
05-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Congrats Peter,

sounds like a smart move, I hope you enjoy the NSX

being Berkshire based you should keep an eye open for some regular meets from late Spring ...

welcome an regards, Paul

goldtop
05-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Good stuff, Pete. :) Glad one of us has managed to snaffle one. (Although a few other people have been successful in recent weeks, too.)

Looking forward to hearing/seeing more.

Diesse 19
05-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone, hard to believe its finally happened after looking for around a year now

Cant wait to get cracking on the car.

Dont fret goldtop, if you are serious then your car is out there somewhere. If this deal had not worked out my next stop

was Glasgow to see Hondaboys old car. In great condition apparently and I know that the dealer is now really motivated

to move it on, in case you are interested.

nobby
05-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Well done Pete

look forward to updates and of course wish you well with NSX ownership

hope to meet up in due course ... yellow solidarity and all that : )

BTW, good news on Hondaboy's old one ... another potential decent purchase price for someone ...

Nick Graves
05-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Congratu-bloody-lations!

Looking forward to the pics (TTIUWP!)

soddy
05-12-2012, 10:58 PM
glad it went to someone on here. hope you have a lot of fun with it, you and Andrew can be twins lol.
it looked a nice one and i'm sure you'll sort any issues out easily enough and have all the servicing done for peace of mind.

Diesse 19
05-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Will put some up as soon as I can.

Diesse 19
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM

Here she is...

goldtop
06-12-2012, 12:00 PM
SWB version?

Just kidding - seems your camera's got some strange aspect ratio thing going on! :)

Sudesh
06-12-2012, 12:05 PM

Here she is...

Looks the business!

Would have to sort those yellow calipers though.

NSX-FAN
06-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Stunning car, look forward to a few more pics.

nobby
06-12-2012, 02:35 PM
targa in yellow = SWEET!

yeah agree callipers need to be put back to black

looking forward to more pics after u pick up on sat

Sudesh
06-12-2012, 02:44 PM
targa in yellow = SWEET!

yeah agree callipers need to be put back to black

looking forward to more pics after u pick up on sat

Those lovely silver wheels!

nobby
06-12-2012, 02:47 PM
my car has silver wheels ... albeit a darker shade!

; )

Those lovely silver wheels!

Diesse 19
06-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Does look a bit short. i forgot to mention its a cut n shut job but it was soooo cheap!

scottg
06-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Does look a bit short. i forgot to mention its a cut n shut job but it was soooo cheap!

Should make it lighter then

Nick Graves
06-12-2012, 04:56 PM
It's actually a Honda Beat & you've been ripped off...

Sudesh
06-12-2012, 06:43 PM
There was actually a SWB NSX, I have a photo of it. Was oe of the first prototypes or something along those lines.

Nick Graves
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
That was the prettier one that did the motorshow rounds.

Then the mangement decided to they wanted VTEC heads on it and not the Leg End's SOHC ones, so it had to be lengthened. Engineering was not best pleased...

Senninha
06-12-2012, 10:26 PM

Here she is...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11596&d=1354795037

Looking good and I'm going to buck the trend and say that I actually think the yellow calipers work well. If the wheels need another refurb then I'd go a shade or two darker. Apart from that, sort whatever issues you know need doing and enjoy your new NSX ....

Look forward to meeting up in the new year

regards, Paul

Ref the SWB comments, isn't that all part of the Senna stories ... tyre spec, chassic stiffness and longer wheelbase for balance ... we know someone who will know the answer ;o)

Diesse 19
07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the positive comments gents, would the calipers have been black as standard then?

Early days I know but I really like the F16y look, would it be wrong to wrap the roof and pillars?

goldtop
07-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Pete, try it in Photoshop first. :)

Never knew about the NSX's SWB ancestry. I presume SWB suits rallying (Strato's, early Quattros, etc), whereas LWB is better suited to road/track.

Sudesh
07-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the positive comments gents, would the calipers have been black as standard then?

Early days I know but I really like the F16y look, would it be wrong to wrap the roof and pillars?

Yeah pretty much, although Im thinking Matt black as this is similar to the NA2 NSX-R and really looks well. I done this on my own nsx and Andrews as well. Depending on the year of the car, the caliper color changes to a gold as standard. Which I think looks well on a dark car.

As for the roof being black, well I tend to agree, I like the black roof much more, and doing that to your targa would be different as all targas came with the upper section color coded. So that would be a bit unique. Believe it or not, the actual targa panel section itself, from new, would have been black, having it color coded was something the dealer did or asked to have done in the build process.

Nick Graves
07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
It will then be indistinguishable from a Beat!

I prefer the single-tone; like a Series 3 XJ with the Pininfarina roof, it seems to add height & elegance to the car.

I always thought the calipers were merely passivated, like regular Hondas. Guess I painted mine the wrong colour, then...

I dunno whether that blacking stuff from Frosts might re-produce the correct effect. Mind you, over paint, you'll need more paint.

Sudesh
07-12-2012, 11:13 AM
It will then be indistinguishable from a Beat!

I prefer the single-tone; like a Series 3 XJ with the Pininfarina roof, it seems to add height & elegance to the car.

I always thought the calipers were merely passivated, like regular Hondas. Guess I painted mine the wrong colour, then...

I dunno whether that blacking stuff from Frosts might re-produce the correct effect. Mind you, over paint, you'll need more paint.

I think the early cars were like that Nick, clippers were like a very dark bronze color.

Senninha
07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
.......Early days I know but I really like the F16y look, would it be wrong to wrap the roof and pillars?.....

to give you an idea ... this is my targa wrapped black over white ...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=9042

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
08-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Paul, the link doesn't seem to be working.

Congratulations & welcome Diesse 19.

Diesse 19
08-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks fellers, picked her up today.......what a car!

So pleased I decided to take the plunge, neighbours are all over it already!

Pics when I can.

goldtop
08-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Paul, the link doesn't seem to be working.

It's the new stealth wrap technology.