PDA

View Full Version : Headlight aiming/alignment

DTA-Motorsport
23-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi there!

As some of you may know, I've installed a HID kit recently to Matt's car and although we're both very happy with (a) the ease of installation and (b) the resulting lighting improvement, I have a feeling the headlights need to be realigned after the install.

This shouldn't be a big deal and certainly not something to take your car into Honda for. I do headlight realignments on my 300ZX (as well as some other cars) by following the DIY instructions in the user manual. Following is a tad simplified but basically, you park the car on a level surface 5 meters from a wall. You measure the hight of the headlights (from the ground) and mark that height on the wall. At 5 meters distance the top of the headlight spread should be level with the mark you just made on the wall. I usually do this just before an MOT and it's always spot-on!

I'm looking for something similar for the NSX. Does anyone have any links to relevant information or do you perhaps know how to do this. I know where the adjusters are etc but need to know what distances/heights are involved.

I appreciate all your feedback.

All the best,

Dan