PDA

View Full Version : Fancy an NSX

colin228
21-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Hi There,

I know nothing about the NSX except its looks but I've always fancied one and Im sure its a complete minefield so seemed a good start to speak to the guys that know!

I would appreciate any advice on which model has proved to be the best purchase, the approximate running costs I can expect, likely depreciation, what to look for and finally, if anyone has a pristine example that they may consider selling.

Basically, any advice is good advice.

Cheers guys

colin228
21-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Ok, so the first lesson is to read the damn forum and see that there is loads of advice already available so please excuse my ignorance (my, this is a poor start)!

Mr_Spanners
21-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Welcome Colin!

The best thing to do is to read the many threads on here including all the buying advice. There's also plenty of info on NSXPrime which is useful too...

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/faq.htm

Beyond that if there's anything more specific you need to know then ask away - you'll find most people here are friendly and willing to offer help and advice! :D

~Phil.

britlude
21-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi Colin, at least you are doing it the right way round and researching the forums first!

OPT
21-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Colin,
What is your budget likely to be? By specifying your budget people will have a much better idea of what you are looking for. 8)

Greybloke
21-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Colin Hi

My only advice, drive one, you'll then find some way to ligitimise ownership whatever :lol:

There's a good cross section of model / type / age of car here, so join in, have some fun :D

TheQuietOne
22-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi,

Second Nick's comment - drive one - be a passenger, whatever, just have the experience. Once you hear the sound you'll be hooked. There are plenty of different options to go for an the majority have been looked after very well. Once you have narrowed it down a litle with some background reading feel free to ask any more secific questions, there's a good mix on the board of 5+ year owners / experts, and newer owners (me!) who can answer the whole mix of questions likely to be thrown up. If you let us know what area you'r in I'm sure we can arrange for a spin at a later date too if required.

Matt.

colin228
22-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all your replies guys. Im not sure about price, maybe in the late 30's max. What I do know is that Im a bit obsessive with my cars so it would need to be a minter and not yellow (my apologies to all the yellow fans out there). I live in Hampshire near Basingstoke if anyone lives quite near. An offer of a ride in one would be great but its early days yet and I dont want to be seen as a joyrider.

I'll continue to read some threads on this site. I looked at the used NSX's from Honda last night and they all seem to be about 50k which is over my budget.

Any help always gratefully received :-)

TheQuietOne
22-02-2006, 11:27 AM
No prob's good luck reading there's plenty of it out there :shock:

Martin
22-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi Colin

I live in Fleet, so if you want to be a passenger in one, I can offer you a spin.

Cheers,
Martin

melinamotor
23-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi Colin

I live in Fleet, so if you want to be a passenger in one, I can offer you a spin.

Cheers,
Martin

Im in Basingstoke and also looking for the passenger experience :wink:
Lee,

Trading in the Type R shortly :!:

TheQuietOne
23-02-2006, 10:07 AM
I offer rides on request charge is £20 / min + travelling expenses (£0.40 / mile) let me know if you're interested? :wink:

I'll post next time I'm visiting Lankstar in Basingstoke in case anyone wants a special offer 'free' ride 8)

Matt.