PDA

View Full Version : How loud will it be???

AR
20-02-2006, 09:32 PM
I am planing an 02 upgrade to my car, so the Tubi has to go. I will rather sell it or keep it than butcher it up.

Does anyone know how loud the NSX is if only the Cats are kept to keep the noise down?

I am curious as when I tried the NSX with test pipes the sound was loud, but not that much, only after 3k rpm or so. It sounded nice, but I was not impressed with the smell, polution and the fact that my car would have failed the MOT inspections.

I am thinking of something like this picture.

Cheers

AR

Kevin
21-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Yes I know how loud it will be. At Spa, one of DaliRacing's cars has straight through pipes. It sounds great, but you could never use it on a road. It won't be far off the volume of an F1 car.

Senninha
21-02-2006, 09:21 AM
AR,

Why wouldn't you consider the tip conversion for the tubi? Your system sounds great and the conversion would suit the '02 upgrade as here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62089&highlight=tubi+exhaust+tip

Good luck with the project!

Regards

AR
21-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Yes I know how loud it will be. At Spa, one of DaliRacing's cars has straight through pipes. It sounds great, but you could never use it on a road. It won't be far off the volume of an F1 car.

Kevin, did that one have cats? Just curious as when I tried the NSX with test pipes the sound was loud, but not that much, only after 3k rpm or so.

BTW I am really sorry about the harness bar I have to make some time to pick it up. Will PM you about it. Have you done the B pillars?

AR,

Why wouldn't you consider the tip conversion for the tubi? Your system sounds great and the conversion would suit the '02 upgrade as here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62089&highlight=tubi+exhaust+tip

Good luck with the project!

Regards

I've seen that one and it looks like a good solution, but I want to keep the Tubi original in case I do decide to sell it or perhaps mount it on another car.

Cheers

AR

AR
22-02-2006, 01:15 AM
BTW Is ther a mufflers requirement for the MOT, or just the Cats?

Cheers

AR