PDA

View Full Version : MOBIL 1 going cheap??

Hagasan
10-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Was just buying some oil to do the NSX.....

Eurocarparts are doing Mobil 1 at only £37.49 for 5 litres at the moment.

Check their site http://www.eurocarparts.com/ type the product number 521771851 to bring up the oil then use the discount code GET25 for the price mentioned.....

Seems a bargain at the mo unless you Costco'ers get better??

Hope it helps someone...

Gary

just noticed the oil shows up on the home page anyway with PROMO25 as another discount code...

havoc
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Each to their own, but I'd not use 0W oil in a Honda engine, esp. not Mobil-1...both DC2 and EP3 owners have had bottom-end problems, apparently after using Mobil-1. Now the odd instance could just be happenstance or someone not checking oil levels, but I recall a series of them...

FWIW, I use Opie for my stuff - good service and if you buy when there's a decent offer on (e.g. 20% or more off), then it's not much more pricey for the ester-based synthetics...just paid £45 a bottle inc P&P for 3x5-litres of (whatever Fuchs now call) Silkolene Pro-R. Checked an old receipt and paid <£75 for 2x back when they had a bargain offer on.

nigel
10-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Over here in the colonies the Honda dealers use Mobil-1 as their service dept. oil for changes done at their dealerships.
FYI.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
11-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Costco is just under £30 for 5 litres of Mobil 1.