PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Events list

m666 edd
01-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I thought it would be worth collating a list of events that will be happening next year.

Late Spring

"Pancake Run" (North Wales)

3rd-5th May
Donnington Historic

Mid May
Japfest (Wiltshire)

19th-21st July
Silverstone Classic

1st Sept
Thornfalcon Classic Car Meet (Taunton)

Please reply with any annual events / get togethers that are likely to happen. Dates if possible and I'll update the list.

I for one would like to attend some more events next year than the measly total of one I achieved this year so I probably need some forward planning!

Papalazarou
01-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Great idea Edd.

I had the same problem. I only attended Japfest and Thornfalcon this year. I tried to organise a few SW drives but no-one was interested, so I eventually gave up.

However, an event calender would certainly make it easier for members to decide which events they want to prioritise. Especially those in the SE of the country where most owners are based. I think Chris BN was going to post imminently regarding Japfest.

Cheers.

Dragonlady
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM
A weekend in late spring, date to be confirmed, pancakes and welsh mountains!
Stop over on a Friday and Saturday, travel home on Sunday.
Kare's brainwave.

Ian

Problem Child
01-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Silverstone Classic date now set as 19th to 21st July 2013

Senninha
01-10-2012, 08:41 PM
I'll get the 2013 forum added soon so these can then all be added and built.

I dont know about a 'calender' but I'll check with the boss to see if theres anyway of keeping an home page item as quick reference point

m666 edd
01-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Updated the post.

I must admit I rarely ever see the homepage as my links are straight to the forum.

Chris B N
02-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Japfest 1 or Japfest 2 or both?
Japfest 1 is at CC again in May and have spoken to the organisers re the complaints / problems etc in accessing the ciruit last year. the response was that it will be better in 2013.
we could of course consider Japfest 2 at Donnington a little later in the year, where circuit access may be better.
Please post thoughts and comments.
Cheers Chris

m666 edd
02-10-2012, 01:54 PM
I know us South West lot would have had no issues getting into the site if we had just gone straight there rather than trying to meet up with others.

Would be good to have our old location again as where we were too far out of the way.

I went to Japfest 2 when it was at Rockingham in 2010, it wasn't bad. Donnington would probably be pretty good.

Problem Child
02-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I thought it would be worth collating a list of events that will be happening next year.

Late Spring

"Pancake Run" (North Wales)

3rd-5th May

Donnington Historic

Mid May

Japfest (Wiltshire)

19th-21st July

Silverstone Classic

1st Sept

Thornfalcon Classic Car Meet (Taunton)

Please reply with any annual events / get togethers that are likely to happen. Dates if possible and I'll update the list.

I for one would like to attend some more events next year than the measly total of one I achieved this year so I probably need some forward planning!

Anyoen up for a European trip. I fancy a drive down the Stelvio pass in the summer (3 or 4 days)

mutley
02-10-2012, 05:39 PM
When I get back from my state sponsered holiday to the sun.....yes AGAIN (Oct 12- Apr/May 13) I am thinking of organising something a bit further north for us Northern/Scotland/NI/Ireland owners. I do enjoy Japfest and Silverstone, but for once it would be nice to have something on home soil without the monumental drive.

PS that's if I get the work done to the car that needs doing, poor little thing has been so neglected this year.

Jim

m666 edd
03-10-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd be up for a European trip, especially if it can be planned well with some prior experience. Otherwise I'd at least be up for another trip to Germany if we get the numbers this time.

ollie
03-10-2012, 03:38 PM
I'd be up for a European trip, especially if it can be planned well with some prior experience. Otherwise I'd at least be up for another trip to Germany if we get the numbers this time.

Hi Guys ,

I will be posting details of a European trip shortly , it will be an professionally organised week long tour , having been with the company several times before i can promise a fantastic DRIVING holiday with nice hotels and proper people
Start saving now !

steve

Dragonlady
09-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Sneek preview please Steve.

Ian

NSX-FAN
09-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Another event possibly worth considering.....

Cholmondeley Pageant of Power.

Plenty of owners/car clubs on display and also the Supercars/racing car displays and timed runs.

Senninha
17-10-2012, 08:17 AM
2013 Events Forum now open Boys & Girls

Please start your new threads ... and lets have a great year out and about in the NSX!

ollie
21-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi Guys ,

I will be posting details of a European trip shortly , it will be an professionally organised week long tour , having been with the company several times before i can promise a fantastic DRIVING holiday with nice hotels and proper people
Start saving now !

steve

Hi Guys

If anyone is interested in coming along and seeing what our cars are actually capable of and having a good time too .
I have just spoken to Darren who runs the company ( Drivingadventures.co.uk ) , he sorry its taken so long , but they had problems with hotel booking ect , anyway subject to confirmation next week , they are doing a week long tour , w/c August 5th to German / French / Austrian Alps and some of the Black Forest .
It would be great if we could get several NSX`s on the trip .
Will post more details as they are avaliable , feel free to check out their website or ask me any questions .

I have no connection with Driving Adventures except , i have been on serveral trips and have no hesitation in recomending them and i know some members have not had the same experience with other companies

Steve

m666 edd
21-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi Steve,

Like I said before, I'd be interested in this. I would like to find out more details.

Ed

ollie
22-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Hi Steve,

Like I said before, I'd be interested in this. I would like to find out more details.

Ed

Hi Ed ,

There should be costings next week , but expect circa £2k cost , its about the same for one or two people in a car ( give or take £150 ), this normally includes Channel Tunnel , seven nights ( good quality ) hotel with breakfast and a number of evening meals included , they also provde powerful walkie talkies , and pre programed sat nav units .
Usually there about a dozen cars and most have 2 people in each , so around 20- 24 people in total , all the routes are chosen for the driving roads and lack of restrictions !!!! , but you dont do silly mileages each day ( 150 -200 max unless some motorway munching is required ) , the total trip normally from the Tunnel is cira 2000 miles , you should allow for some evening meals , drinks , fuel , lunch , toll charges , breakdown insurance ect .

Darren and Graham ( the owners ) normally travel in the lead car but you can drive a your own pace , there is no pressure to keep up or follow , their attitude is , its your holiday enjoy yourself , every day there are pre planned fuel , coffee and lunch breaks , all in the sat nav and also in the trip hand book , so most people tend to meet back up at these times , the walkie talkies are good for keeping in contact and the general banter .
In reality , 2 or 3 groups form depending on your chosen pace , but no one is left to fend for themselves and unlike some other tours companies Darren and Graham consider themselves to be working , not on a jolly . All the hotels are safe for the cars and Darren and Graham keep watch over the cars at lunch time ect .
As i said before the trips are not full of idiots , just sensible adults who enjoy driving their nice cars on great roads
This will be my 5th trip in an NSX with Driving Adventures and i cant wait until August , i hope some other NSX`s and owners can join me .

Hope that all helps , if not ask away !

Steve

m666 edd
30-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Cheers for the info Steve. Looks like I'd need to get a passenger to make the cost worthwhile and at the moment I don't have one so I'll probably pass this time round but would be something I'd like to do one year.

NSX 2000
31-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Cheers for the info Steve. Looks like I'd need to get a passenger to make the cost worthwhile and at the moment I don't have one so I'll probably pass this time round but would be something I'd like to do one year.

Come on James and Luke, YOU must have a witty retort for this.......

ollie
15-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi everybody ,

The German / Austrian driving holiday in August is now on driving-adventures.co.uk , feel free to pm if you want any more info .

Steve