PDA

View Full Version : Donington Historic 2013

Nytram
27-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Hi guys, went to this in 2011 and thought that it was a good weekend and an ideal event for the NSXCB. The twentieth anniversary of Senna's iconic race win in 1993 is being well acknowledged.

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/

I would be happy to organise this for 2013 if there is sufficient interest.

Regards, Martyn

Senninha
27-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Excellent idea Martyn .... dates in the diary, and if you organise it I'd love to come along for either the Saturday or Sunday.

Let us know if you can get NSXCB registered for the event ... I would have thought you could get a minimum of 20 takers for this. Would be interested to know if theres any track time \ parade laps for the clubs.

You never know, you might even be able to persuade the irish contingent to cross to the mainland ;o)

At least I now have a reason to get mine put back together ....

regards, Paul

L696ULO
28-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm up for it too either Saturday or Sunday

Rich

WhyOne?
28-09-2012, 01:08 PM
I'd be very interested in attending this, not least because I was fortunate to be there on that wet and windy day in 1993.

havoc
28-09-2012, 03:05 PM
I'll definitely be up for a day there too...

Nytram
28-09-2012, 07:40 PM
I received a very positive and prompt response so watch this space, thanks

Hi Martyn

That's great news! I'll contact you again when we start taking car club registrations (late October).

Best wishes

Karen

Problem Child
29-09-2012, 08:22 PM
count me in too

Paul G
10-10-2012, 05:36 PM
I'll be up for this, probably Sunday. Keep us posted.
Cheers
PG

kingsley
10-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Count me in too...

Kingsley

flyingsniffer
12-10-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm in....

NSXGB
12-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Yep, me too.

Kaz-kzukNA1
12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
I’m also interested in this.

It could be back to back with Japfest so not sure I can make both of them next year….

It would be nice if Admin can update the ‘calendar’ feature for 2013 as well.

Kaz

Chris B N
12-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm up for it
Cheers Chris

Dragonlady
13-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Yes please

charlie:one
18-10-2012, 06:28 PM
yes count me in

18-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi Guys,

I maybe interested too :)

Senninha
19-10-2012, 07:05 AM
It would be nice if Admin can update the ‘calendar’ feature for 2013 as well.

Kaz

Your wish is (eventually now I've worked it out) my command ... 2013 calender available

Kaz-kzukNA1
19-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Thank you.
Seems like you are in the middle of creating entry on the calendar for this event as well.

Kaz

nobby
23-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I am hopeful to try and get over to one event in 2013, hopefully with my car!

will see if anyone else from here is interested

put me down as a provisional too ...

You never know, you might even be able to persuade the irish contingent to cross to the mainland ;o)

At least I now have a reason to get mine put back together ....

regards, Paul

Sudesh
24-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Looks like a good event!

Nytram
02-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Wow what a fantastic response, that's 17 cars already , it seems that tickets are on sale but the Car club info/ discount codes haven't been released yet, I am guessing that they will offer a 2 for 1 Silverstone style.

Just a thought but for the Guys over sea's, Donington Park is bang next door to East Midlands airport if you fancy a day trip.

Regards Martyn.

nobby
05-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi Martyn

thanks for that.

i am aware that EM airport is a stones throw from there as I fly there now and again.

its certainly an option but I would like to get my car over for one event with the rest of the club.

keep us posted on event news

Wow what a fantastic response, that's 17 cars already , it seems that tickets are on sale but the Car club info/ discount codes haven't been released yet, I am guessing that they will offer a 2 for 1 Silverstone style.

Just a thought but for the Guys over sea's, Donington Park is bang next door to East Midlands airport if you fancy a day trip.

Regards Martyn.

kingsley
09-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Bluehaven Roy LBB is up for this event as well....looks like it could be 20 ish cars.

Nytram
09-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Just been given our Car club discount code ( NSXCBDHF13) the " use code" button allows you to enter this code to get 2 tickets for the price of 1.

Each ticket also qualifies you to a 2for 1 entry to the Donington Grand Prix collection over the weekend and for the following 2 months.

Ticket deadline is Friday April 19th 2013.

Parade Laps:- They are usually limited on numbers so I am not sure at the moment how many cars will be able to take part.

Accommodation :- Loads of Hotels and BB's, camping also at Donington Park Farm Hotel.

BTW the dates are 3/4/5th May not 4/5/6th as it says on our home page.

Cheers Martyn

Senninha
10-11-2012, 03:18 PM
.........BTW the dates are 3/4/5th May not 4/5/6th as it says on our home page......

Cheers Martyn

Updated ;o)

gumball
28-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Looks like this one could rival Silverstone, the old historic events there used to be really good, a wonderful circuit.
Fingers crossed for a great spot.

Diesse 19
06-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Im up for this.
Not even picked up my car yet but all being well I will be there.

seanh
05-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Hello,

Count me in as well. Prob the Sunday.

howellr
17-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello All,

I'm up for this for one of the days. Although, you, from the southern end of the country, do all realise this is quite a long way up the M1 ?

Also I notice there doesn't seem to be the same tabs on the doningtonhistoric web-site as there are on the mymods website - lol.

Regards

Nytram
27-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Just ordered my tickets, use our code (NSXCBDHF13) to get the 2 for 1 offer £39.75 for 3 days

Attending

Nytram + 1 (Martyn + Julie) Hotel also booked

sorepaws
05-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Attending

Sorepaws +1 (Mike + Linda) 3 day ticket (may not go all 3 days)

Nytram
07-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Well done Mike,
I was starting to think I would be on my own again.
I drove past Donington last week and with the amount of heavy lorries milling about looked as though lots of work is being done maybe in the infield area.

Martyn.

Chris B N
14-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Tickets bought for 3 days but may only be there Sat & Sun
Cheers Chris

howellr
08-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Hello,

I've just bought my ticket(s) for the saturday.

C u there.

Rod

Dragonlady
09-03-2013, 08:29 AM
We have bought our tickets as well :)

Nytram
09-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Senna tribute takes shapePosted on 27 February 2013
Plans to celebrate Ayrton Senna at the 2013 Donington Historic Festival are well underway, with a mixture of static displays in the Paddock and on-track demonstrations of cars which played a significant role in the career of the late triple World Champion already confirmed for the event.
From F3 to F1…
In 1982 Ayrton Senna won the British and European F2000 Championships, and was rewarded with a drive in the season-end F3 race in a Ralt RT3. He famously won the race, and that very RT3 will be demonstrated on the track at the Donington Historic Festival.
During his F3 Championship-winning season in 1983, Senna enjoyed his first-ever drive in an F1 car, testing Keke Rosberg’s Monaco GP-winning Williams-Cosworth FW08C at Donington Park. That very same FW08C is now a star feature of the Donington Collection, and this important machine is coming out of the museum for the Festival.
As a result of his impressive F1 tests in 1983, Senna moved into Grand Prix racing full-time in 1984, and his first Formula One race car – the famous 1984 Toleman TG-184-02 Hart turbo – will also be displayed at the Festival. This is the car that Senna drove to a spectacular second place in the 1984 Monaco GP, overtaking Alain Prost for the lead but being robbed of his first Grand Prix win when heavy rain stopped the race the following lap.
Also on display will be the 1986 JPS Lotus Renault Turbo in which Senna won the US GP at Detroit. The young Brazilian started the race in pole position, but tyre problems saw him initially fall back to eighth place, with the race lead changing hands six times between five drivers before – equipped with fresh tyres – Senna carved his way through the field to take victory.
…and the Welsh forests!
And there will also be two unusual ‘Senna cars’ on display – an MG Metro 6R4 and the Brooklyn Motorsport Ford Sierra RS Cosworth. These were among five rally cars that Ayrton Senna test-drove in a Welsh forest in November 1986, for a feature that appeared in Car and Car Conversions magazine.
… and yet more…
Senna fans can see even more of their hero’s racing machinery if they pay a visit to the Donington Collection over the weekend, where they will find a McLaren MP4/5/B-1 that Senna drove during his World Championship-winning 1990 season. And the Festival organisers are working on appearances of further Senna cars at the event, along with a selection of memorabilia and Keith Sutton’s personal collection of photographs from Senna’s early career.

gumball
12-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Tickets bought for Saturday.

Dragonlady
12-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Do we have a club stand or are we just assigned to the car park?

Ian

kingsley
12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Booked tickets for Donington Historical for the Sunday. Like Ian above not sure about Club Stand car park.

Kingsley
Bluehaven

Nytram
12-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Yes we do have a club stand or should I say allocated area, don't think we will have any shelter though, so a couple of folding chairs in the boot may be useful.
When you book your tickets use our club code ( NSXCBDHF13) to get 2 for 1 and a car pass, which if the same as 2011 will get you through the tunnel and park in the infield usually from Redgate down through Craner curves.
Anybody fancy doing a few parade laps, all the car clubs are allowed on track during the lunch break, just a few cars from each club so let me know if you fancy it and I'll do what I can.

Cheers Martyn.

kingsley
12-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Hi Martyn, If parade laps are still available you can put my name down and Blueheaven for Sunday ...if not already fully booked.

Cheers Kingsley

Nytram
13-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Hi Martyn, If parade laps are still available you can put my name down and Blueheaven for Sunday ...if not already fully booked.

Cheers Kingsley

Ok Kingsley your on the parade lap list.

Problem Child
13-03-2013, 09:46 PM

Cheers Kingsley

Just bought my tickets for the sunday....the Parade lap sounds like a giggle too, so I am up for that

Nytram
13-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Just bought my tickets for the sunday....the Parade lap sounds like a giggle too, so I am up for that
Your name vill also go on zee list vot is it

Problem Child
13-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Your name vill also go on zee list vot is it

vot eez vot?

britlude
13-03-2013, 10:12 PM
don't tell him Pike

Problem Child
13-03-2013, 10:16 PM
don't tell him Pike

But my names not Pike either!

Nytram
13-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Sorry Geoff you must be too young to remember Dads Army,

Problem Child
14-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Sorry Geoff you must be too young to remember Dads Army,

I have seen the re-runs. Its not so much that I am too young to remember....I am getting to an age where I forget!

L696ULO
14-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Bought tickets for Saturday today

Nytram
14-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Attending

Sorepaws +1 (Mike + Linda) 3 day ticket (may not go all 3 days)
Chris BN Sat + Sun
Howellr Sat
Dragonlady
Gumball Sat
Kingsley Sun
Oneillg1201 Sun
L696ULO Sat

Nytram
15-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Race timetable now confirmed for the Donington Historic Festival - look out for the Friday afternoon races! www.doningtonhistoric.com/the-races/ (http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/the-races/)

howellr
15-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Hello,
I would be happy to parade my car - best get it scrubbed up - will there be a car wash on site :-) ?
Regards

Nytram
15-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Hello,
I would be happy to parade my car - best get it scrubbed up - will there be a car wash on site :-) ?
Regards
Just have it cleaned before you set off I'm sure it will look stunning,

Chris B N
16-03-2013, 03:10 PM
If there is still space available would love to parade
Cheers Chris

L696ULO
17-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi Martyn

I would like to do the parade lap on Saturday if there is still a space.
Thanks
Rich

charlie:one
17-03-2013, 07:08 PM
could you put me down for this please

Nytram
17-03-2013, 08:51 PM
The last time I went to Donington Historic (2011) the Parade laps could only accept a couple of cars per club, but I will contact the organisers to see if we can field a larger team, as the NSX is an Ayrton Senna related car, we may be lucky, fingers crossed.

charlie:one Have you ordered tickets yet? ( Deadline 19th April)

Looking forward to seeing everyone
Regards Martyn.

flyingsniffer
26-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Tickets bought for Saturday. Happy to do the parade if you think an orange car will add to the fun, but not fussed.

Nytram
05-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Entertainment on the ground and in the skiesPosted on 5 April 2013
As well as a packed programme of historic racing for all three days, the Ayrton Senna tribute and the historic rally car action, there will be a host of other attractions to keep visitors thoroughly entertained at the Festival.
Kevin Wheatcroft, the Chairman and owner of Donington Park, will take to the track each afternoon, giving demonstration laps in his replica of a 1937 Mercedes-Benz W125 Grand Prix car. This exceptional machine is the result of a long and extraordinary labour of love started by Kevin and his late father Tom, the founder of Donington Park and the Donington Park Grand Prix Collection.
In the course of exhaustive research for the project, Kevin stumbled upon a complete set of working drawings for the original W125. He then had two further pieces of remarkable good fortune: the Schlumpf Collection allowed him to borrow one of its legendary Silver Arrows – fittingly, the very W125 that Hermann Lang raced in the 1937 Donington Grand Prix – and Formula One’s Bernie Ecclestone gave access to his own, restored W125, the only example in private hands.
Kevin and Tom’s team spent thousands of hours measuring every single component and collating an enormous amount of information. This meticulous work was carried through to the final build, with the car being built to original specification down to the most minute of details by the craftsmen at Crosthwaite & Gardiner and Roach Engineering. Just five of these replica 1937 W125 Grand Prix cars will be built, each taking 18,000 hours to manufacture, with the process beginning with a single, raw billet of aluminium.
This wonderful replica doesn’t just look exactly like the original, it also sounds and smells the same. The sight of it being driven around the Midlands circuit is sure to evoke thoughts of the late 1930s, when the Silver Arrows drove to victory at Donington as they continued their domination of Grand Prix racing across Europe.
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight takes to the skies
The sounds of powerful historic engines are, of course, everywhere at the Donington Historic Festival and, as the circuit is adjacent to East Midlands Airport, the sights and sounds of modern-day aircraft are also a regular occurrence. At this year’s Festival, the aviation and historic elements will combine, with a flypast from the Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Weather permitting, Festival visitors on the Friday will be treated to the sight of the magnificent Douglas C-47 Dakota in the skies above Donington Park, while spectators on the Saturday and Sunday will enjoy see the stunning sight – and sound – of a Lancaster, a Spitfire and a Hurricane flying together.
Car clubs set to shine
With around 60 car clubs, from Abarthisti to Z Club of Great Britain, now registered to attend the Festival, Donington Park’s infield will be home to a veritable A-Z of motoring for the weekend.
Highlights will include the Porsche Club GB’s Sunday parade of 50 911s, celebrating that hugely popular model’s 50th anniversary, and the ‘Super Samuri’ gathering. This will see the Classic Z Register and Z Club joining forces to bring together not just plenty of classic Datsun 240Zs and 260Zs, but also as many examples of the famous ‘Samuri conversion’ racing cars as possible. ‘Big Sam’ – the car in which Win Percy won the 1974 British Modified Sports Car Championship, before he went on to achieve Touring Car glory – will be there, as will Win himself, showcasing his own Samuri.

Nytram
16-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Car Club Update

With the Festival less than three weeks away, we're in the closing stretch! More than 60 car clubs have registered to attend the event, and we're looking forward to seeing you all represented at the Festival. We have a fantastic schedule of races and on and off-track attractions for your members to enjoy on all three days, and you can view the full timetable (http://tpoty.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=aff775809c&id=819c525d0d&e=74d6acd348) of races here.

The purpose of this message is to remind you of some key deadlines, so that you can communicate them to your members, and also to give you the latest news from the Festival. Please read the points below carefully, as some may require action from you.

Club ticket sales close Friday April 19th

A very important one, this. Please remind your members that car club ticket sales will close at midnight on Friday, April 19th. After that date we will not be able to take any more car club bookings. We'd love to see as many of your members there as possible, so please remind them that they now only have a few days left to make their booking!

Additional infield pass requests - April 24th

Also important! As you know, your members receive one infield pass for every pair of car club discounted tickets they buy, based on our experience that most people buying two tickets actually turn up in one car. However, anyone planning on using both tickets for drivers, so requiring an additional infield parking pass, MUST let me know by emailing me (karen@doningtonhistoric.com) or calling me on 01728 684410 before midnight on Wednesday April 24th at the very latest. We will be finalising our club space layout at that time, so requests received after that date cannot be accommodated, I'm afraid. We will not be able to squeeze people onto the infield at the last minute!

Co-ordinators on the day

If you're not the person who will be co-ordinating events for your club over the weekend, please provide ASAP the name, email address and mobile phone number for the person who is. It is essential that we have somebody we can liaise with, particularly if you have registered your clubs to take part in the parades.

Marquees etc. on stands - decisions please!

If you have not already told me, please let me know ASAP if you are planning on having a small marquee, gazebo or other stand in your club's area.

Organisers' tickets

Any club with 15 - 29 cars booked to attend will receive a free pair of tickets and an infield pass for the organiser. Any club with over 30 cars booked to attend will receive two free pairs of tickets and two infield passes for the organisers. If your club has already achieved one of these magic numbers, I'll let you know shortly. And if you want to check before you book your own tickets by the deadline of midnight on Friday 19th, just email me!

Selling from club stands

A number of clubs have asked if they can sell items from their stands, so I would like to clarify the position here: You are welcome to sell club membership and merchandise to your members and to Festival visitors. Please do not sell anything which is not branded for your club, as this would clash with our trade area, where exhibitors have booked and paid for display space.

Food and drink on club stands

Please do not have barbecues or any other form of cooking on your stand and in your club area. Your members are welcome to bring their own picnics, of course, and if you want to provide drinks, biscuits etc. for your members from your stand as hospitality, that is absolutely fine (even if they make a donation to your club to cover some of the cost). But please don't sell food and drink from your club area.

Parades

If you've registered your club to take part in the parades, I'll contact you after car club bookings have closed and confirm the number of spaces per day your club has been allocated in the parades. Those of you who are old hands at this will know that the numbers are very strictly limited - it can be as little as one or two cars per club per day - but, with 100 cars each day to get out onto the track at one time, it is vital that this is well co-ordinated. We will be introducing a new system for parade car, driver and passenger signing on this year, plus some very smart car club parade car stickers, which we hope the drivers taking part in the parade will enjoy displaying!
Club FAQs

When can we get in? On each day of the Festival gates open at 07.30am and the circuit activity starts at 9am, finishing at around 6.30pm on the Friday, May 3rd, 7.00pm on the Saturday, May 4th and 6.30pm on the Sunday, May 5th. You'll also have full access from first thing Thursday morning for set up, though we do appreciate that some club organisers won't be able to get there until the Friday or possibly even the Saturday morning.

Once in, can we only leave at the end of the day's racing? Display cars do not have to be kept on site throughout the weekend - people are free to come and go with them as they wish/need. The site will need to be cleared on the Sunday.

How will we get into the infield? Access to the infield is via a tunnel. The location of that tunnel will be confirmed in the pre-event briefing, and there will be maps available to download to show exactly where to go.

How do we get additional infield passes? email me (karen@doningtonhistoric.com) or call me on 01728 684410 and I will send it out. If cars are being brought on a trailer, the trailer will need to display the infield pass, then that pass should be put in the display car, and the trailer will then need to be taken out of the infield and parked in the main public car parking on the outside of the track.

When are tickets sent out? Tickets will start to be mailed out in the week commencing April 15th.

PLEASE REMEMBER, ALL CAR CLUB TICKETS HAVE TO BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE, AND CAR CLUB TICKET SALES CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY, APRIL 19TH!

Dragonlady
21-04-2013, 08:34 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has received their tickets yet?

Sharon

Problem Child
21-04-2013, 03:01 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has received their tickets yet?

Sharon No, Not yet

kingsley
21-04-2013, 03:21 PM
No....... Donington or Silverstone

Kingsley

Kaz-kzukNA1
22-04-2013, 05:42 PM
I haven’t decided which event to attend this year as my boss won’t be back until early May but from my past experience, you can check the status of your ticket through the Customer Service section of See Tickets website (https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice) using your ticket ref no..

Also, you can check the general ticket status through their Dispatch News (https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice/despatchnews) page.

According to their website, as of today, so far none of the tickets for the Donington Historic Festival has been dispatched.
The tickets are currently being printed and will be sent out shortly.

Same for the Silverstone Classic.
0% dispatched and they will start sending out around 07/Jul and expect to have all tickets dispatched by 21/Jul.

Kaz

Problem Child
22-04-2013, 06:25 PM
I haven’t decided which event to attend this year as my boss won’t be back until early May but from my past experience, you can check the status of your ticket through the Customer Service section of See Tickets website (https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice) using your ticket ref no..

Also, you can check the general ticket status through their Dispatch News (https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice/despatchnews) page.

According to their website, as of today, so far none of the tickets for the Donington Historic Festival has been dispatched.
The tickets are currently being printed and will be sent out shortly.

Same for the Silverstone Classic.
0% dispatched and they will start sending out around 07/Jul and expect to have all tickets dispatched by 21/Jul.

KazReceived an email today telling me that my Donington tickets had been dispatched today

Nytram
22-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Received an email today telling me that my Donington tickets had been dispatched today

yep so did I,
I have also been asked if we have a gazebo or shelter,
I have only got a cheap domestic style job which may or may not be suitable but I'll take it anyway unless any one has got anything better.

sorepaws
23-04-2013, 06:56 AM
yep so did I,
I have also been asked if we have a gazebo or shelter,
I have only got a cheap domestic style job which may or may not be suitable but I'll take it anyway unless any one has got anything better.

Martyn

I have the one in the pictures - not sure if it is any better than the one you have

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/sorepaws/DSCF0920_zpsb2b2b87a.jpg (http://s778.photobucket.com/user/sorepaws/media/DSCF0920_zpsb2b2b87a.jpg.html)

Nytram
23-04-2013, 08:48 AM
That looks better than mine, as it can be pegged down well, just in case the promised clear blue sky doesn't appear.
Can you bring it with you please,

Thanks Martyn

sorepaws
23-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Will do - I suppose this means you want catering included ?

Kaz-kzukNA1
23-04-2013, 11:49 AM
As of today, 39% of tickets have been dispatched.

Kaz

Nytram
23-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Sadly no for the catering, as post 61 in their terms and conditions no barbecues or cooking equipment, I presume
this is partly due to the fact that car clubs are infield and very close to the track action ( fire risk and smoke blowing across the track) and also to ensure the trade/catering stands are used, there is an excellent shop and cafe in the paddock area as well.

Martyn.

sorepaws
23-04-2013, 03:44 PM
is boiling a kettle classed as cooking ? hmm

Problem Child
23-04-2013, 07:40 PM
As of today, 39% of tickets have been dispatched.

KazDonington tickets arrived today...just hope the car is back!

L696ULO
24-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Geoff, I see the organisers have a system in place............................... slowest NSX first, LOL

Rich

Kaz-kzukNA1
24-04-2013, 11:18 AM
71% of tickets dispatched.

Since I don’t have the tickets, don’t know whether there is extra info included for the ticket holders or not but you can find the circuit lay out for this specific event through Donington Park Racing Circuit website; http://www.donington-park.co.uk/

As of today, the site layout is as follows;

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/clientfiles/images/Enlarge_images/dhf_circuit_map_large.jpg

It’s been long time since last time I was there so everything has changed but unless you are team members, probably you will enter from the Main gate and then access the infield section through the tunnel.

Martyn has touched on this in post #40 and hope you will have the latest info in your ticket package.

Kaz

Chris B N
24-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Tickets arrived this morning see you all there
Cheers Chris

gumball
24-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Tickets will arrive, I will go, I will enjoy it.

Problem Child
24-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Geoff, I see the organisers have a system in place............................... slowest NSX first, LOL

RichIts to give us reds plenty of time to get there!:)

flyingsniffer
25-04-2013, 09:19 AM
I have just had an email that reads as follows:

"Dear Guest

Thank you for booking your tickets with us for the above major historic event!

I am now pleased to offer you an upgrade to suite access and viewing! Watch the racing action from the balcony of your suite at Redgates which is based in the heart of the Paddocks.

We are also celebrating one of the greatest racing drivers the sport has known, Ayrton Senna. If you’re a major historic car fan, then this event is for you!

We have limited spaces available for this event so upgrade with us now and enjoy one of the greatest weekends in our calendar in style! Children 13 and under for suite access are free!

Contact me for further details…

Best wishes,

Harminder"

Interesting that they mention Ayrton Senna so prominently.

gumball
30-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Looking forward to this, and it is definitely not going to rain or be windy, which is great.

flyingsniffer
30-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Do we yet know who is on parade on Saturday? I need to give it a good wash if I'm 'in the team';)!

howellr
30-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Or at least call a valeter.

If I'm not required to make the lap of hounour, I might throw a bucket of water over it to show willing.

Problem Child
30-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Looking forward to this, and it is definitely not going to rain or be windy, which is great. Forecast is good for Sunday....

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/United-Kingdom/Donington-Park-Circuit.aspx?sday=5

Problem Child
30-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Are we arriving in convoy, having met somewhere convenient in advance? Or is that just a Japfest thing?

Problem Child
30-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Are we arriving in convoy, having met somewhere convenient in advance? Or is that just a Japfest thing? I cant make it to Donington (Sunday) now so I have two tickets going spare along with an infield vehicle pass............Interested PM me

NSXGB
30-04-2013, 07:58 PM
PM Geoff.....

Problem Child
30-04-2013, 08:04 PM
PM Geoff..... PM'd you a response

Nytram
30-04-2013, 08:14 PM
The latest info on the Parade Laps, we have been allocated just 2 cars for Friday and Saturday and 1 for the sunday, so the difficult part who or which cars should do it, any suggestions?
Here's the email explaining the procedure.

Martyn

Following on from my email yesterday giving you your club's allocation of slots on the lunchtime parade laps at the Festival, here are important details for the parade drivers and their passengers. And please find attached a map showing the positions of all the clubs for this weekend. In a couple of instances a stand is shown in two colours - this is because it is being split between two clubs over different days (where a club has no bookings for one day and the other club only has bookings for that particular day). Copies of this map will be handed out at the entrance to the tunnel into the infield over the weekend.

PARADE SIGN ON FORMS AND CAR STICKERS
For a car and passengers to take part in a parade, the driver and passenger must each have signed a waiver form and display a wristband, while the car must display a car clubs' parade sticker. Without a sticker, the car will not be allowed out on the track, and without wristbands, people will not be allowed out in a parade car.

The waiver forms, wristbands and stickers can be obtained from the car clubs' sign-on marquee, which will be on the grass in the infield near to club stand IN51 (Mustang Club of Great Britain), shown on the attached infield plan.

This marquee will only be manned from 9am-11.30am each day and it is the driver/passenger's responsibility to ensure that they sign on in time and collect their wristbands and car sticker. If we have 100 drivers and their passengers all turning up at 11.30am to sign on, the parade might be severely depleted, as not everybody will be ready in time, so do encourage them to arrive sooner rather than later!

We will have one waiver form that covers all three days. Once that is signed, the driver or passenger will be issued with a wristband that allows them out in a car on the track and the driver will be issued with a car clubs' parade sticker which must be displayed prominently on the car's windscreen.

The wristbands cover people for all three days. So it will be possible for a driver or passenger due to go out on the Sunday to sign on on the Friday or Saturday. The car stickers are colour-coded and valid for one day only. Car stickers for the Saturday or Sunday can be issued at Friday or Saturday sign on, but will not be valid until the appropriate day.

PARADE ASSEMBLY AND TIMING
Participating cars need to assemble in the area in front of the Executive Suites (see attached map) by the following times:

FRIDAY - 12.45pm
SATURDAY - 12.55pm
SUNDAY - 1pm

Please note, it is the driver's responsibility to ensure that his or her car and passengers are in the parade area by the specified time and that the appropriate car club sticker and wristbands are displayed.

HELP WITH THE PARADE MARSHALLING
When the parade is collecting in the assembly area, it would be very helpful if a few people from across the clubs would help with a bit of mustering - even if only watching over the junctions on the infield tracks. If you could let Peter Godfrey know - he will be the person coordinating the laps on the ground, and will be manning the sign-on marquee - that would be fantastic.

CONTACT NUMBERS
Contact over the Festival period only re car club parades - Peter Godfrey mobile: 07714 143421

My mobile number from Thursday onwards, should you have any other last-minute club concerns - 07540 725821

With best wishes

Karen

Nytram
30-04-2013, 08:21 PM
I am trying to upload and post the map but seem to be having difficulty, what am I doing wrong?

Senninha
30-04-2013, 08:31 PM
The latest info on the Parade Laps, we have been allocated just 2 cars for Friday and Saturday and 1 for the sunday, so the difficult part who or which cars should do it, any suggestions?

Mix up colours and models ... ie dark and bright colour together, coupe and targa together, pop up and facelift together and for the Sunday I would offer the parade to the nearest OEM classic Red Black attending on the day ....

Hope you all have a great weekend

regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
30-04-2013, 08:34 PM
I am trying to upload and post the map but seem to be having difficulty, what am I doing wrong?

your URL-link of your picture here

SS

Nytram
30-04-2013, 10:14 PM
your URL-link of your picture here

SS

Sorry I don't understand how to do this,
anyway our pitch is just behind the small grandstand on the start/finish straight you will find it I'm sure.

As for a convoy, nothing planned at the moment,

Silver Surfer
30-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Sorry I don't understand how to do this,
anyway our pitch is just behind the small grandstand on the start/finish straight you will find it I'm sure.

As for a convoy, nothing planned at the moment,

Martyn,

If you 'right' click over the map image/pic and 'left' click and copy the 'URL link'
Type in :

Paste in the link
Type in after the link:

Your picture will appear on the thread....make there is no spaces in between.

SS

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-05-2013, 08:49 AM
On behalf of Martyn......

Origianl file in pdf format: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65164594/DHF2013.pdf

Snap shot and converted into jpg format below;
The resolution dropped a bit due to pdf snap shot feature so if you want the original resolution, please access the above link.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WaZDLfxFD2s/UYDBibTuM0I/AAAAAAAAJfY/JiBdH7adboE/s800/DhfClubStand.jpg

Although the original pdf file is below the max file size limit (1.91MB), seems like there is a problem in directly uploading to the site so pasted the link to Dropbox.

Kaz

Nytram
01-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks SS and Kaz , I must try to improve my computer knowledge.

Nytram
01-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Parade Laps

Reading back through the thread, Kingsley was the first to request Sunday, with Oneillg1201 and Howellr for the saturday, not sure whos going on friday yet.

So we will go with that for now as we can always adjust things in the morning before signing on.

Martyn.

sorepaws
02-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I still hope to be there Friday morning

Problem Child
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Parade Laps

Reading back through the thread, Kingsley was the first to request Sunday, with Oneillg1201 and Howellr for the saturday, not sure whos going on friday yet.

So we will go with that for now as we can always adjust things in the morning before signing on.

Martyn. I had put my name down for Sunday Parade lap (I wasnt going Saturday) but Simon now has my tickets as I cant make Sunday either

howellr
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Rats... that means I'll have to wash it. Saves me doing the lawn I suppose.

NSXGB
02-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Happy to go on the parade lap if there is space.

Thanks for the tickets Geoff.

Parade Laps

Martyn.

Problem Child
02-05-2013, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the tickets Geoff.Enjoy...I am very jealous!

Nytram
02-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Rats... that means I'll have to wash it. Saves me doing the lawn I suppose.

wash and wax please

Nytram
02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
I still hope to be there Friday morning

Ok Mike see you there,

Nytram
02-05-2013, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the tickets Geoff.

Ok by me for the parade on saturday, If you could just read through the #89 post for the signing on info.

That just leaves someone to join Mike on friday.

NSXGB
03-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Ok by me for the parade on saturday, If you could just read through the #89 post for the signing on info.

That just leaves someone to join Mike on friday.

I'm just there for the Sunday!

Hagasan
03-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Guys, total long shot very late in the day! Anybody going just the one day, Sat or Sun or not at all now and have a spare ticket with stand access too? Could collect if reasonably close...

howellr
03-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi,

I am going tomorrow and I have a spare ticket but with my two tickets, I only got one "Infield vehicle pass" and I will need that I assume. Is that any good to you ? We could meet outside the front gate if it is.

Regards

Hagasan
03-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi Howellr,

thanks for your kind offer. Can you PM me a contact no. please. What time do you expect to be at Donington?

Hi,

I am going tomorrow and I have a spare ticket but with my two tickets, I only got one "Infield vehicle pass" and I will need that I assume. Is that any good to you ? We could meet outside the front gate if it is.

Regards

Problem Child
03-05-2013, 06:32 PM
wash and wax please Gutted I wont be there......Lots of pictures please

gumball
04-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Nice day today, sunny and dry, just as I predicted. Good to see you there, see you soon.

flyingsniffer
05-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Nice day today, sunny and dry, just as I predicted. Good to see you there, see you soon.

On average, you were spot on :-)

Nice to see everyone, I'm still challenged on real names/forum names but that's nothing new!

howellr
05-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Hello All,

Took this video and it's now posted on Youtube at : http://youtu.be/j4ldpdbs_O8

Regards
Rod - the blue one who did the show laps with my roof on cos I bottled it.

howellr
05-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Pics to follow...

gumball
05-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear about the tragic accident there today. Thoughts with the drivers family.

Hope you all otherwise had a fine day.

kingsley
05-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Many thanks to all at Donington today...Sorepaws must get a mention for the use of facilities ....good tent and well put together. Nice and sunny in the afternoon my face and forehead proof ...now quite red. Good to see you all again.....

Great day ..little dusty .....and a great shame about the tragic accident ... mini copper driver who lost his life.

Kingsley

Nytram
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Oh dear that is terrible news our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

gumball
06-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Dispite the tragic incident that unfolded. Please post pictures from the event. Should remember the good bits too.

howellr
06-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Hello All,

Please see https://picasaweb.google.com/Howellrjj/DonningtonHistoric2013?authkey=Gv1sRgCMiSiLPftOn0b Q# for the photos I took.

Regards

howellr
06-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Video clip of our journey down to the starting grid for the show laps : http://youtu.be/BoveFmuU7U4 The NSX does look so cool when in motion.

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Some photos from me uploaded in the blog sectionin as well.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?959-Donington-Historic-Festival-2013

As mentioned there, big thank you to Martyn and Mike.

As a side note, the owners who asked me about the ABS/TCS warning lights and the shrunk outer molding at the right door, please visit the above link for further information.

Kaz

sorepaws
07-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Big Bird

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/sorepaws/DSCF3147_zps1bfab755.jpg (http://s778.photobucket.com/user/sorepaws/media/DSCF3147_zps1bfab755.jpg.html)

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy66/sorepaws/DSCF3141_zps2c48cbc5.jpg (http://s778.photobucket.com/user/sorepaws/media/DSCF3141_zps2c48cbc5.jpg.html)

seanh
07-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Hello Mike, Thanks for taking the tent along to Donington and as always for the catch up and chat. Always good to talk. See you at Silverstone, Seanh

Silver Surfer
12-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Wasn't there but found this on the 'net.

http://i.imgur.com/xBubbhg.jpg?1

SS