PDA

View Full Version : Wind-up window option available?

david_f
18-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to dump my electric windows (i.e. glass and all associated electrics) for a wind-up Perspex option (for lighter weight).

Anyone know where I could source a wind-up option (keep it serious please!).

Cheers,

David.

Mr_Spanners
18-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Given the NSX uses cables and a regulator\motor to raise and lower the windows it's not going to be easy! The only route you can take (I'd guess) it to try and find a manual scissor-action setup from another car and see if it can be made to fit with the exisiting glass clamp bracket.

Sounds like a tricky project to me!!!

~Phil.

AR
18-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to dump my electric windows (i.e. glass and all associated electrics) for a wind-up Perspex option (for lighter weight).

Anyone know where I could source a wind-up option (keep it serious please!).

Cheers,

David.

Can't you have a fixed Perspex window with a vent?

Kevin
21-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Given that you would need to keep the sliding mechanisms anyway, the motor is really quite small. As said it uses cables, not a arm, so they are quite light, and made of ali. If you want to lose weight from the door, lose the interior door panel. That's quite heavy.

simonprelude
26-02-2006, 06:57 PM
You could look at the parts guide for the type R / S / S zero, think they all have manual windows.

Then fabricate something similar as the prices are bound to be high.

jaytip
27-02-2006, 11:32 AM
You could look at the parts guide for the type R / S / S zero, think they all have manual windows.

Then fabricate something similar as the prices are bound to be high.
Nope,electric windows in them as well.