PDA

View Full Version : Purple uk targa auto

Sudesh
24-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Noticed this is back up for sale, worth a mention for any new potential buyers

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C334251

Senninha
24-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Thats a good looking NSX for the money ...

Sudesh
24-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Thats a good looking NSX for the money ...

Yeah I thought so too, and pretty straight forward to get on UK plates, very possible the original NSX plate would go back on, if it was the last number before it changed to southern Irish plates.

Lankstarr
24-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Didn't realise that trim was a uk option, must be the only one with yellow seats! Looks damn tidy and a good price, nice commuter for you Paul?

Sudesh
24-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Didn't realise that trim was a uk option, must be the only one with yellow seats! Looks damn tidy and a good price, nice commuter for you Paul?

Seats are tan Luke, just a bad photo.

Senninha
24-09-2012, 05:19 PM
NIce idea Luke ... if I was in a position to do this I would ship it to Sudesh for his Nappa retrim and convertion of tan parts to black \ dark grey before collection

Hope it gets a private owner soon ...

Diesse 19
25-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Has this car been up for sale before? Is it worth a road/sea trip to Cork for a gander?

Sudesh
25-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Has this car been up for sale before? Is it worth a road/sea trip to Cork for a gander?

It was forsale earlier this year from memory, and by the same person obviously as going by the add, the owner has it 6 years. I've always been aware of the car but have never seen it in the metal. There are quite a few NSXs in Southern Ireland.

If your in the market for one, then why not take a day out and have a look?

Diesse 19
25-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks for that Mr Sudesh, I may well do that if the usual dealers do not pounce as they seem to.
Just wondered if any of you guys have any knowledge of the car?

Sudesh
25-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for that Mr Sudesh, I may well do that if the usual dealers do not pounce as they seem to.
Just wondered if any of you guys have any knowledge of the car?

Doubt the UK guys would know the car without at least having the original UK reg, if you contact the owner, get the UK reg from him and post it up, maybe someone will know the car from that.

As for dealers pouncing on it, I don't think that is going to happen, 1 it's in Southern Ireland, so a bit more work to get it home and put back on UK reg. 2 it's an auto, not the most sought after by dealers unless it was £10/£12k, 3 it's now going out of season, so I believe these types of cars slow way down on selling, UNLESS its very cheap.

Sudesh
10-11-2012, 10:47 PM
£16k now! Has to be good value at that, at least worth a look and check all the usual

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C334251

Nick Graves
12-11-2012, 05:13 PM
It's a funny market for these cars; 87 large for one S/H PoS and 16 for a slightly older S/H PoS.

If I had the time & the space - and the continuum, I suppose...

nobby
13-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Has anyone on here looked/enquired about this car yet?

Looks a cracker valued NSX ...

Sudesh
13-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Has anyone on here looked/enquired about this car yet?

Looks a cracker valued NSX ...

Im thinking about it, you up for a trip to Cork lol

nobby
13-11-2012, 11:12 AM
ill head down for a spin ... : )

soddy
13-11-2012, 11:21 PM
it's very tempting, looks a nice colour too.
be interesting to see it in the flesh and get the low down so to speak if any of you go view it, as it's a very good price.

nobby
14-11-2012, 10:00 AM
hi mate

if you are after what looks to be a cheap car and has decent history, i personally think this is the one for you ... a trip to Cork is like a day out of your week. If you are in a position to go DO NOT hesitate or you will be kicking yourself when the ad is either pulled or the car has sold

speak to the seller ASAP and arrange a trip down

as stated if i was in the market for an NSX in the current climate ... this by far looks a really good car and good money

be interesting to see it in the flesh and get the low down so to speak if any of you go view it, as it's a very good price.

scottg
14-11-2012, 10:11 AM

I made the trip across the Irish sea to buy my car. Took the early morning flight from Southampton to Dublin and the Ferry back into Holyhead at 4.30 the same day. Pulled into my garage at home around midnight after a great drive back down the A5 etc. Only slight problem was that it was my 20th wedding anniversary so took a little explaining and justification to my good lady.

Sudesh
14-11-2012, 10:15 AM

Go for it!

Agree with what Andrew said, if anything its worth a trip to see.

nobby
14-11-2012, 11:40 AM
yeah Scott its a day of your time at most ... re my car ... flew over to b'ham from belfast ... hopped on a train from airport to place of sale, finalised the deal and then took a drive from b'ham to stranraer. Could have went via hollyhead but chose to drive the car for a bit. Like you home around midnight.

piece of pi$$ for the right car!

no hesitation in traveling to England/Scotland/Wales for a car now ... just done it again recently for the purchase of my cheap run around/daily hack.

I made the trip across the Irish sea to buy my car. Took the early morning flight from Southampton to Dublin and the Ferry back into Holyhead at 4.30 the same day. Pulled into my garage at home around midnight after a great drive back down the A5 etc. Only slight problem was that it was my 20th wedding anniversary so took a little explaining and justification to my good lady.

Sudesh
14-11-2012, 08:06 PM
This car was originally N100 NSX and 6 odd years ago it resided in York area.

goldtop
04-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Car is now sold, I see. On its way back to the UK, I presume?

Sudesh
04-12-2012, 07:14 PM
No surprise there.

Suppose potential new owners will chime in now saying, "just missed this" "dam wish I had of seen this earlier lol"

Be interesting to see if it appears back in the UK? Maybe in a dealers forecourt somewhere?

nobby
05-12-2012, 10:36 AM
This car was TOO good to be hanging around ... shocked it did not go sooner, but NO suprise that it has now since sold.

hopefully someone/lurker on here that is genuinely interested ... or prepare to watch a dealer list it with a nice mark up ... this car was way too cheap as it was

soddy
05-12-2012, 08:13 PM
seen that last night : )

soddy
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
This car was TOO good to be hanging around ... shocked it did not go sooner, but NO suprise that it has now since sold.

hopefully someone/lurker on here that is genuinely interested ... or prepare to watch a dealer list it with a nice mark up ... this car was way too cheap as it was

wasn't there a post about bringing an nsx to the UK from ireland, unless that's for another one?
but i've seen a few more around similar money advertised, auto's too.

goldtop
06-12-2012, 10:12 AM
wasn't there a post about bringing an nsx to the UK from ireland, unless that's for another one?

Yes, that Q was from me, and at the time, I was considering another Irish one in preference to this auto. That one - a grey JDM manual coupe - sold 'under the radar' this last weekend. I expect to see an announcement here from the new owner fairly soon.

My biggest problem is that my finance/interest have coincided with the busiest time of year for me (run a small niche mail order company). Getting out to see the NSXs that are for sale - all are far away: Ireland, Scotland, Cheshire, Yorkshire, etc - is almost impossible right now. Maybe I should leave it until the New Year? :-(

A.S. Motorsport
07-12-2012, 11:48 AM
just love midnight purple nsx's it's really one of those colors you need to see in real life to be appreciated .
Anyway that burl wood interior is a very rare option.

Sudesh
14-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Wondered how long it would take to appear! And pretty much as I predicted [Andrew you might remember]

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/honda-nsx-targa-1996-auto/1178862

nobby
14-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Ahhh, know the car now ... Saw it earlier on ph ... Did not click initially.

the original sale price was a total bargain ... No surprise it's listed with a 'very' decent markup.

those on here who discussed it as a potential purchase now can see potential worth

car looks well apart from the rims; crying out for oem 7 spoke or a nicer rim

ad says seller is dickyf ... Is it the same user with the same name on here?

soddy
17-03-2013, 12:39 AM
was wondering when it would resurface. some jump in price, £16000 to £24450.
are auto's up to that price now?

scottg
17-03-2013, 10:44 AM
was wondering when it would resurface. some jump in price, £16000 to £24450.
are auto's up to that price now?

really nice looking red F tropic targa just come up as well at the same sort of figure. There is a choice out there at the moment for anyone in the market

simonprelude
19-03-2013, 10:41 AM
£25,450 now.

TheSebringOne
19-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Thats good appreciation, £1K in less than a week!