PDA

View Full Version : 96 Manual Charlotte Green

vtecdirect
08-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi Guys,
I have for sale a 1996 Manual NSX in Charlotte Green, black Roof and Black Interior.
The car has had one owner from new, is a uk car, and drives beautifully.

The story. This car was bought new from Nortonway Honda in 96 and was used daily by a company managing director until 2009, when an engine noise developed. Honda diagnosed it as worn big end replaced it but were not happy, so..
It was then parked at another company's premises for inspection and repair, but for one reason or another, was never carried out. Mainly cost.
I bought the car earlier this year as a project for myself, but have sadly run out of both time and money as our race car needs a new engine for next season and we want to win!!! ;-)
We have replaced the engine with a very nice 43k mile motor, whilst engine was out, we replaced, cambelt, tensioners, water pump etc. Also fitted a new clutch, new o2 sensors and anything else requiring attention, seals gaskets etc.
Car has just passed its MOT last week and i have driven round in it ever since, drives beautifully and genuinely feels tight and rattle/noise free.

Unfortunately due to having been left outside in hot sun, rain, frost, snow etc, for 3 years, the paintwork has suffered and requires attention to bonnet and passenger side, i have provisionally booked the bodyshop to do this next week, but if potential buyers want to see car before, or wish to have it done themselves then the opportunity is there.
Couple of little niggles which i may or may not get to do (will try), the interior sensor fan is noisy and needs cleaning, window runners need lube, door seals need shin etsu grease.
The mileage on the car is 140k miles, but as stated earlier, engine is on 43k. Trying to locate all the service history, but we are aware of where all work and servicing has been carried out its entire life, and we know its a genuine car.

Anyway, to the point.
I am looking to sell the car and based on the rarity of , (a) Manual cars (b) One owner cars (c) Charlotte green cars, i think i am pricing it fairly.
I would like £20,000 for the car as it stands,
or £23,000 with the paintwork rectified.

Happy to answer questions.

Contact me here by pm, or email andy@vtecdirect.com, call 07834 390344 or 01606 598279

regards
Andy

Will try to get more pictures, but here are a couple of basic snaps.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/irishteacher1/20120521_121936.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/irishteacher1/20120724_085305.jpg

nobby
08-09-2012, 08:07 PM
very honest post

glws

vtecdirect
09-09-2012, 08:43 AM
very honest post

glws

Only way to be Nobby, could easily have adjusted mileage, and fabricated history with respray etc, and asked for more, but believe in showing genuine integrity in all i do.
Saying that, when i posted about the rarity of manual and charlotte green cars, one turned up at workshop yesterday lol.

mjames75
10-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Sounds like once the bodywork is sorted its trouble free motoring for someone as all the majors have been done! Bargain for a Manual car!

vtecdirect
14-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Car now in a very very good bodyshop, will get lots of pics once she is back. Will be more painful parting with a minty fresh shiny NSX that we have lavished so much time and effort onto.