PDA

View Full Version : CarFest South - August 25-26

sorepaws
14-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I have been contacted by the organisers to see if we are interested in having 7 cars at the Event being held at Laverstoke Farm Hampshire - Only 7 cars ! the catch is that they would ask us for £400 total for 14 weekend tickets (that is £29 per person! - normal tickets were £75) to cover their organisation.

I am interested in going to this event but are there 6 others out there who will join me ? Might mean camping as well over night as they want the cars left in situ.

Why 7 cars ? well this is a Chris Evans thing "The Magnificent Seven"

PLEASE let me know as soon as possible if this is of interest I will try and get everything sorted by the End of this week - If you go to the event website and try and register a club or individual - you can't it is now closed so we havea real opportunity.

http://www.carfest.org/page.cfm

britlude
14-08-2012, 08:28 PM
if my gearbox wasn't STILL in pieces and i had some idea when it would be back together i'd definitely be in....

ARSE

PS to everyone else, this event is on at Jody Sheckters organic farm, and sold out in about 2 hours....

Put me down as first reserve!!!!

NSXGB
15-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Stick me down, I'm pretty sure I can make it.

Has camping been allocated for us as the site indicates that it has sold out.

WhyOne?
15-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Anyone know who's NSX is running up the hill?

http://www.carfest.org/Content/Hill-Climb/1/

kowalski
16-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Should be able to make this if we can get 7 of us, looks a good weekend.

Leigh

Senninha
16-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Anyone know who's NSX is running up the hill?

http://www.carfest.org/Content/Hill-Climb/1/

I'd initial guess was either the Fenns are out to raise profile or it will the HUK Imola .... but maybe it could be Phil in the NA2 - R?

I'll let you know as I'm there on the Sunday ...

sorepaws
17-08-2012, 01:29 PM
The time has come to draw a line under this event opportunity - as I can't get 7 cars to the event and I am not willing to commit £400 of my own money just in case.

Should we put this on the calender for 2013 ? Both North and South ?

Regards

Mike

britlude
17-08-2012, 04:41 PM
bum again... and just as my gearbox is promised for tomorrow (heard that before) and i was gonna bump myself onto the 'yes please' list....

definitely interested in 2013....

kingsley
10-09-2012, 10:26 AM
I have been contacted by the organisers to see if we are interested in having 7 cars at the Event being held at Laverstoke Farm Hampshire - Only 7 cars ! the catch is that they would ask us for £400 total for 14 weekend tickets (that is £29 per person! - normal tickets were £75) to cover their organisation.

I am interested in going to this event but are there 6 others out there who will join me ? Might mean camping as well over night as they want the cars left in situ.

Why 7 cars ? well this is a Chris Evans thing "The Magnificent Seven"

PLEASE let me know as soon as possible if this is of interest I will try and get everything sorted by the End of this week - If you go to the event website and try and register a club or individual - you can't it is now closed so we havea real opportunity.

http://www.carfest.org/page.cfm

Hi Sorepaws, I did not respond to your thread before as I was on holiday in South of France over this weekend and was unable to make it.....until I realised we came back on the 8th instead of the 9th as I thought. Back home on Staurday at 3.00pm and on e-bay for tickets. managed to find 2 spare tickets and great ...was able to get there. Great day , nice weather, well laid out, and highly recommended . Chris Evans was out and about the event most of the day and nearly ran me over in his golf buggy. Would attend next year . With regard to leaving cars on stands . I am sure you would be able to leave after 6.00 pm Saturday and go back early on Sunday if you did not want to camp. I spoke to a couple of car stands and they had done exactly that.

Kingsley

britlude
10-09-2012, 03:29 PM
gearbox is in, put me down as a yes!

sorepaws
10-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Kingsley - any pictures so we can stir the desire for next year ?

kingsley
12-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Hi Sorepaws,

The ones I took do not really show the extent of the event ....just supercars on the track or on stands. I will speak to friend Roy tomorrow and check if he has any. Regarding next year ( Lets hope its on ) I am sure I can get 3 or 4 cars. Just need to find the dates out . Cholmondeley Pagant of Power is excellent as well . Same venue.

Kingsley

britlude
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
just to clear things a little....it's the same venue for 'carfest north' (sept 8th/9th) , not the Laverstock farm venue used for 'carfest south' (aug 25/26) ......

kingsley
12-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Yes...Carfest North was on 8th and 9th September at Cholmondeley Castle.......Cheshire. The Pagant of Power is also at Cholmondeley .

Kingsley