PDA

View Full Version : New owner!

flyingsniffer
02-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Being prone to impulsive behaviour, I seem to have joined the NSX owning community, less than a week after starting to look! I have bought an NA2 from a forum member, but will hold my counsel as to which car it is until I have collected the car. Safe to say, it's not a car for shy and retiring types.

Completely new to these fabulous cars, so I'm looking forward to getting to know their foibles and playing a part in the community.

If anyone needs a 1986 AE86 Toyota Corolla, I could do with shifting it quick. I'm hoping that my wife won't notice the difference!

Silver Surfer
02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Well done!

Looking forwards to the 'polished and shiny' car pics. :P (only smiley that works)

SS

Sudesh
03-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Being prone to impulsive behaviour, I seem to have joined the NSX owning community, less than a week after starting to look! I have bought an NA2 from a forum member, but will hold my counsel as to which car it is until I have collected the car. Safe to say, it's not a car for shy and retiring types.

Completely new to these fabulous cars, so I'm looking forward to getting to know their foibles and playing a part in the community.

If anyone needs a 1986 AE86 Toyota Corolla, I could do with shifting it quick. I'm hoping that my wife won't notice the difference!

Well done! Didn't take you long lol

Share the photos when you can and hope you enjoy te new purchase.

Is that the Twin Cam corolla you have? If so those are quite big sellers over here.

AR
03-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Congratulations! I have a feeling is red.

Btw I had a sampled of an AE86 back in the late 80s. Fantastic fun machine!!!

flyingsniffer
03-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys. No, its not a red one.........an owner contacted me and the rest is history. Pick it up Wednesday all being well.

The AE86 is great fun - yep, it's Twin Cam 1600. Mine was used for a photoshoot recently with Keiichi Tsuchyia..http://www.pmcgphotos.com/automotive/a-gt86-ae86-the-drift-king-a-shoot-for-car-magazine.html. Should push the price up a bit ;-)

Rob_Fenn
03-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I should hope so!

Congratulations and welcome to the fold.

Rob_Fenn
03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I've just read your blog post! Sorry to hear about your appendix, and i have a feeling your photos of your NSX will be a cut above the norm ;)

flyingsniffer
03-08-2012, 09:32 PM
I've just read your blog post! Sorry to hear about your appendix, and i have a feeling your photos of your NSX will be a cut above the norm ;)

Ah no sorry, it was my car, (at least, the White one is!) but a professional photographer working for CAR magazine owns the blog and the pics. My appendix is fine. My liver, on the other hand........

Sudesh
03-08-2012, 10:09 PM
My appendix is fine. My liver, on the other hand........

And maybe some other bodily appenditure when the wife find out lol

I see you like the jet ranger! I've always been a fan of the 222.

Senninha
04-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Hi and welcome,

Mmmm, I think I'm thinking of the same car car as SS .... It will be good to see this one out and about more often ...

Regards, Paul

Well done!

Looking forwards to the 'polished and shiny' car pics. :P (only smiley that works)

SS

gumball
04-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Welcome. and a plus one on the Jet ranger, such an iconic design.

flyingsniffer
04-08-2012, 02:23 PM
SS/Senninha, I don't think it's the car you are thinking of, but might be the same colour ;-). 'My' car is on a private plate at the moment but will soon be wearing 46GT as the current owner wishes to keep his (and I have 46GT on retention at the moment....wouldn't really go on a Discovery)!

Sudesh: the Bell 222 is a great machine, I think there are only a couple in the UK though. One outfit has just refurbished theirs and put it into Airwolf colours! If you ever want a forum outing to see it and fly in it (for £££'s), I'm sure I can arrange a deal (I know the guys who operate it). See the 'Airwolf experience' on http://www.helicharter-uk.com/operations/giftvouchers. No stealth mode though: that was just made up for the telly!

The JetBanger is much more common, if not as hairy-chested as the 222. Here's mine (http://www.flickr.com/photos/47566596@N06/7388820226/in/photostream)(I have a share in it) at Turweston, parked up while we were at the MotoGP at Silverstone. Currently away working based in Leicester due to the Olypmics airspace 'closure' in the SE.

flyingsniffer
08-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Anyway, as promised, I can reveal that my new car is...wait for it....

NA2 Targa (3.2)
Manual
Imola Orange Pearl
86k miles

Previously the steed of ScottG, now at its new home in Hertfordshire. Had a great drive back, radio on on the motorways (M25 was a nightmare), but on the A414, it comes alive: accelerating out of roundabouts its a fabulous car, I can see what the fuss is about.

Pics soon! Thanks Scott, I will look after the car. See you again I'm sure!

Sniff

scottg
08-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks Rob,

I really hope you enjoy the car it is without doubt the best toy I have ever owned. I intend to find another just an earlier car to release some money to finish the remodel of my house. I will stay very much in touch with the NSX community and fingers crossed it will not be long before I find another earlier car to tell you all about.

TheSebringOne
08-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Welcome too " flying sniffer" !

nigel
08-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Flyingsniffer; Nice purchase and welcome aboard. I do love that colour.
How about posting some pictures here for those of us that don't blog or ....

Sudesh; The 222 / 230 / 430 can be had over here for 8 to 16 quid each depending on how many blades and which engine model is installed.
They look cool but what a pig.
I have a friend and past employer that has a 222 on a stick in front of his Heli-ride operation because he bought it so cheap.
We'll have to get you sorted to the Long Ranger / 407.

Cheers
nigel

Sudesh
08-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Flyingsniffer; Nice purchase and welcome aboard. I do love that colour.
How about posting some pictures here for those of us that don't blog or ....

Sudesh; The 222 / 230 / 430 can be had over here for 8 to 16 quid each depending on how many blades and which engine model is installed.
They look cool but what a pig.
I have a friend and past employer that has a 222 on a stick in front of his Heli-ride operation because he bought it so cheap.
We'll have to get you sorted to the Long Ranger / 407.

Cheers
nigel

I had a look at the 407, but prefer the look of the 222/230/430, the 430 is impressive! Long ranger is probably an easier machine to look after and looks more nimble too. I've started the pilot license/lessons but over here it's going to be a long hall, I might be better off going to the US and doing it, as I believe it can be done a bit quicker and like everything in the US, cheaper! Been in the R22 and 44 but want to go the Turbine route whic is more expensive again.

nigel
09-08-2012, 12:14 AM
It is along haul .
Getting your licence is the easy part. Then it's getting enough time to be insurable.
If you've had your 22 / 44 experience and got out with your life call it quits while your ahead.
Using the Robinson is cheaper but if you survive flying them you'll only be a Robinson driver. Then you have to learn to fly a real helicopter. (kind of kidding but not completely)
Over here it's $50 grand US for a turbine ticket but your not insurable.
If you don't already know, you can cut some cost by getting your private in a small Cessna and then go for the transition to turbine rotorcraft add on.

Best wishes on your "new" NSX and glad your here.

Cheers
nigel