PDA

View Full Version : Time for Tea article on PH - NSX v Testarossa

NSX-FAN
30-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Great article on PH

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=26092

my view on why i prefer the NSX is on Pg 3, also pasted in below.

NSX for me without question, not driven either but the Testarossa looks a pig to drive, NSX looks so balanced and really involving. Agree regarding the comparison, the 348 should have been put against the NSX, it would have been an interesting story around Tskuba.

I personally am an NSX nut through and through, nothing comes close to that car, it was a game changer for the future of supercars, lightweight, precision engineering and build quality. Biggest problem with the NSX was the price, at 60k it was a bit of a joke, should have been priced at around 40k, then it may have sold in larger numbers and got the recognition it deserved. It was certianly interesting to see what Gordon Murray thought of the NSX in last month's car magazine, his words were "The Honda NSX was the benchmark for ride and handling, Ferrari's in those days were crap. The Testarossa was rubbish"To think that back in the early 90's he wanted to create the ultimate Supercar and use a 60k "sports" car ( Sports because most do not consider the NSX as a supercar )as the benchmark i think shows just how good the NSX is. It is certainly a car you "get" or "dont get", but either way, it is probably a great car.

nobby
30-07-2012, 08:32 PM
usual keyboard warriors on PH either trying to stir it up or just a bunch of Ferrari fans trying to bulk up their sorry excuse of a car; you done well to post in and amongst that lot

'*** scrap' quoted in a post i see... says it all really. The NSX will never be understood by numbskulls like that on that forum

Rob_Fenn
31-07-2012, 03:28 PM
To be fair, there were plenty of NSX supporters. Can't help but feel if the Ferrari had a Toyota badge, it suddenly wouldn't be so desirable, and the huge list of faults wouldn't be described as 'character' or a test of manhood.

Whilst i agree the NSX looks a bit tepid and generic these days, you can only really judge it on the day it was launched in that way. I would personally say the Testarossa is an '80s pastiche. I wouldn't say it looks drama, or look 'at me appeal', but you could achieve the same affect by strapping a pair of tits to your forehead.

WhyOne?
31-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Having read through the comments, I agree with Rob, there is plenty of respect and understanding of the NSX.

soddy
31-07-2012, 09:51 PM
i wouldn't worry about the ferrari mob, all don johnson wannabes lol

gumball
01-08-2012, 11:14 AM
i wouldn't worry about the ferrari mob, all don johnson wannabes lol

Both nice cars, but for differing purpose. Shame some of the ignorant PH snobs diregard the NSX.

Nick Graves
01-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Not really; best keep it away from the keyboard warriors/schoolkids/mouthbreathers.

Part of its appeal is that it's only understood by the discerning.

gumball
01-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Not really; best keep it away from the keyboard warriors/schoolkids/mouthbreathers.

And snooty Aston owners.

NSX-FAN
01-08-2012, 11:54 AM
And snooty Aston owners.
He is possibly the biggest snob on PH, would not drive an NSX purely because it is a Honda, i find that laughable, he then went on to say that the Nissan GTR is a poor man's Porsche 997 Turbo...... right okay mate. What a clown.

m666 edd
01-08-2012, 05:19 PM
I don't really care for car status. The majority of the people I know don't even know I have a honda nsx. I just turn up on my 125cc honda varadero :)

I only got the car for myself.

Papalazarou
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
It's just like the Recently deceased post war novelist and writer once said; America;"the land of the dull and the home of the literal". Except it's threads like this on PH. Give the 'group stupid' something to bitch about and they'll all shape their frustrations to whichever topic allows them to vent their own personal agenda. You could have predicted where that thread was going before it even started; Read > praise of both cars, enter Honda fans, enter Ferrari fans, Nostalgia, misinformation, the unbelievers, the 'these cars leave me cold - gosh I'm wonderfully deep', the argument, the reprimand and finally, the loss of interest. All of course taken literally with just an occassional hint of perspective.

Cheers.

AR
03-08-2012, 09:19 AM
I find it so silly how some car writers go on about soft touch plastics. Have they got delicate fingers?

Nick Graves
03-08-2012, 07:23 PM
It's just like the Recently deceased post war novelist and writer once said; America;"the land of the dull and the home of the literal". Except it's threads like this on PH. Give the 'group stupid' something to bitch about and they'll all shape their frustrations to whichever topic allows them to vent their own personal agenda. You could have predicted where that thread was going before it even started; Read > praise of both cars, enter Honda fans, enter Ferrari fans, Nostalgia, misinformation, the unbelievers, the 'these cars leave me cold - gosh I'm wonderfully deep', the argument, the reprimand and finally, the loss of interest. All of course taken literally with just an occassional hint of perspective.

Cheers.

Well put, James.

You should post it on Pistonheads & see how many Parrots of Whoosh it invokes...

gumball
03-08-2012, 07:38 PM

Cheers.

Well thats conversation for you, someone will have one view, another a different one, they each explain why they have their view, then discus why they feel the others view is wrong. Sometimes one side will change their view, other times not. : shrug :

Nick Graves
04-08-2012, 12:52 PM
It's more usually soliloquy than yer actual conversation, though!

Usually referring to an onomatopaeic of a sheep, which is rather bizarre.

gumball
04-08-2012, 01:32 PM

All good fun and the way most forums operate, just as long as they don't get stroppy and abusive.
My thesaurus only gives a vague pointer on what your second point is, but I'll guess at a maybe. lol

Papalazarou
04-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Like it Nick. You are properly obscure;)

Cheers.

gumball
04-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Lucubration for logolepsy is just tautegorical.

Geraint
06-08-2012, 06:38 AM
The only times I ever go on PH are to read threads that have been linked from here.

Do they ever argue about colour choice?

AR
06-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Is it the same noise those four legged animals are making about gold medals!

TheSebringOne
08-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Wasn't the one in Miami Vice a fake?

gumball
09-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Wasn't the one in Miami Vice a fake?

That was the Daytona. (corvette)

AR
09-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Actually a pantera got rebodied a a testarossa for stunt work. I have the article somewhere. It ha extra brake pedals for j turns and stuff like that.

AR
09-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Found a picture online

http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/images/movie_img/stunt_mv.gif

I would not mind a Testarossa like that as a Q car.

Main article here:

http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/movie_miamivice.htm