PDA

View Full Version : I originally wanted a LBB NSX...

Ewan
28-07-2012, 09:17 PM
... but couldn't find a LBB targa so bought a red one, which was great for 4 years.

Now I've bought 3 blue cars in 4 months ;-)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/603500_10150940188602551_51715090_n.jpg

Latest addition today - hopefully the one on the right will be moving to a new home soon, but the one on the left is even rarer than NSXs - 456 built in total, only 48 of the SE model like mine.

It's rattly, squeaky, in no way would worry a 911 or NSX for GT capability but it's quick (4.9 0-60) and the turbo whistling is quite a new experience for a NA fan :)

cheers
Ewan

Silver Surfer
28-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Nice Europa Ewan....any plans to up the boost?

More pics please of inside and out.

SS

Ewan
29-07-2012, 07:53 AM
None yet, Kare, though I might install a charge cooler and I'll definitely be doing something about the exhaust. Probably have a look at improved intake flow while I'm there.

The immediate priority is to stop all the f***ing squeaking and rattling in the cabin. And get the aircon sorted. I'll see if I can get some more pics taken in & out...

Ewan
01-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Looks like a few issues are being had with File upload to the forum, but I've put a few pics on http://sdrv.ms/QcY2rE

Nick Graves
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Interesting (and I suspect, very underrated) choice.

I like the one on the right - the roof comes off so you don't hear the rattling as much!

Good luck getting the Europa sorted & let us know how you get on.

I'm one of those annoying people who like Lotusususususes, but has never actually BOUGHT one & so now they're in trouble again...

Ewan
01-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Interesting (and I suspect, very underrated) choice.

I like the one on the right - the roof comes off so you don't hear the rattling as much!

Good luck getting the Europa sorted & let us know how you get on.

I'm one of those annoying people who like Lotusususususes, but has never actually BOUGHT one & so now they're in trouble again...

Cheers Nick. I think the Elise is, if anything, a bit tighter than the Europa - certainly you don't hear it rattling so much, like you say :) It's a very different car to drive in terms of the way it does things, but they both handle and particularly steer like nothing else I've driven except maybe a Caterham. The gearchange on the Elise is horrible, but the Europa's is sweet - quite long throw but smooth and snicky. Noth that you need to change gear much cos it pulls from tickover to the redline, just about!

The Europa was always an under-rated car, at least it was always thought as neither fish nor fowl: it's not focussed enough compared to the Elise, it's not as sharp or quick as the VX220T (at least at first it wasn't), and there's no way it will worry any of the premium brands as a daily-drive GT/sports car; but now it's getting a bit more of a following. It can be tuned very easily, which could give it 997 C2S worrying power to weight ratio, and since they're so rare, there's a certain attraction to having something out of the ordinary.

Maybe I'll turn up at some future NSXCB meet and see what you all think :) Assuming I don't buy another NSX and ditch it, that is ;-)