PDA

View Full Version : My final decission has been made............

mutley
19-07-2012, 10:50 AM
.......my ugly duckling will soon develop into a swan!

Hi All, yes I am still alive and kicking but been busier than a busy thing from busyville on a busy day!!

After much humming and heying about mu beloved NSX, eventhough it's hardly moved this year, I will not bee selling it and instead of doing little bits and bobs of work on it here and there, it will be staying where it is, all tucked up nice and warm until May next year ( Yes I am going away to that sandy s*%thole AGAIN in October for 6 months) and as all you kind taxpayers give me a nice Operational Bonus when I get back, i will be spending it ALL on getting my car the way it should be, from a full service TB/WP etc to all the litttle niggly cosmetic touches.
No doubt I'll be doing a lot of it myself and when I do, I'll post it up in the Builds section. I have managed to amass parts left right and center, just need the time get the on the car but only after the essential work is done.

This will mean the Japfest/ Silverstone Classic 2013 will be out for me, BUT by the 'fest 2014, by pheonix should arise from its ashes.

Cheers
Jim

nobby
19-07-2012, 11:57 AM
good luck with your next TOD

pleased to see that you plan to keep your NSX

NSX 2000
19-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Good to here from you Jim, and glad you are doing well, just one thing, who am I going to have a go kart battle with now?

Paul.

SILVER BULLET
19-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Good decision Jim, stay safe ,

Cheers,
Ian

Senninha
19-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Stay safe and we'll welcome you back ... dont forget to shout out when you start the refresh and build works, I'm sure there would be plenty of willing helpers depending on where the NSX is tucked up at the time??

Actually, always fancied driving mine into Scotland so f*** it, just call and I'll come help out where I can buddy! Great excuse for a mini meet IMHO!!

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
19-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi Jim, nice to hear of your plans for your P & J.

Take care & stay safe.

AR
20-07-2012, 03:45 AM
Stay safe mate, best of luck with the car when you get back.

20-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi Jim,

Good luck with the car!! ...and thanks again for offering before for doing that test drive up in sunny scotland!! :)

Cheers,

Andy

mutley
20-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks all, i'm starting to thoink I'm getting too old for all this runnind around the desert crap, I think this will be my last one and I'll leave the reast for the younger lads.

Paul (Senninha) Cheers mate, the car is currently sitting on my Drive in Edinburgh, but up here at RAF Lossiemouth we have some fantastic facilities to use, and not to mention I found one of the best roads in the world to drive. I can't do it justice by describing so next year my plan is to film it (even if I have to in the RRS) but it is on par with any of the great roads I've seen on TopGear.

I think I will be having a bit of a clear out with a few of the extra parts, (eg I will be keeping the NSX-R spoiler so I can sell OEM one and I also have the OEM brakelight that I wanted for so long and no longer need).

If I get a channce I might even get started on a few bits before I go. BUT if only Sudesh and Britlude can STOP doing their cars as it gives me far too many ideas of what I want to do to mine!!!

Cheers
Jim

Sudesh
20-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks all, i'm starting to thoink I'm getting too old for all this runnind around the desert crap, I think this will be my last one and I'll leave the reast for the younger lads.

Paul (Senninha) Cheers mate, the car is currently sitting on my Drive in Edinburgh, but up here at RAF Lossiemouth we have some fantastic facilities to use, and not to mention I found one of the best roads in the world to drive. I can't do it justice by describing so next year my plan is to film it (even if I have to in the RRS) but it is on par with any of the great roads I've seen on TopGear.

I think I will be having a bit of a clear out with a few of the extra parts, (eg I will be keeping the NSX-R spoiler so I can sell OEM one and I also have the OEM brakelight that I wanted for so long and no longer need).

If I get a channce I might even get started on a few bits before I go. BUT if only Sudesh and Britlude can STOP doing their cars as it gives me far too many ideas of what I want to do to mine!!!

Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you again and to hear all is well. I'm just in the middle of doing some detailing of the front suspension parts, cleaning up all that nice aluminium will post some pics soon. Also going to install the NSX-R battery box, battery and clamp today and we should have our NSX-R engine bay covers ready and one to display next week, can do them in carbon or standard Matt finish.

Something else I'm looking into, with thanks to Andrew [nobby], is the NSX-R rear spoiler. Hoping to make these soon, but going to also look into weather or not the OEM 3rd brake light can be retained in the spoiler; basically thinking of making a second NSX-R spoiler with slot so people could insert the 3rd brake light if required.

But need to first see if it will fit inbetween and see what it looks like.

mutley
20-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Sudesh,

When you say NSX-R spoiler with third brake light, do you mean trying to incorporate the long "light-sabre" one from the old spoiler? or just a little one in the center of the spoiler?
The NSX-R spoiler I have has a small brake light in it.

Cheers
Jim

PS Stop the suspension detailing right now !!! I have enough on my plate as it is

Sudesh
20-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Sudesh,

When you say NSX-R spoiler with third brake light, do you mean trying to incorporate the long "light-sabre" one from the old spoiler? or just a little one in the center of the spoiler?
The NSX-R spoiler I have has a small brake light in it.

Cheers
Jim

PS Stop the suspension detailing right now !!! I have enough on my plate as it is

Jim, looking at installing the OEM light saber one! But need to first see if it wil fit in between the 2 posts, and get an idea on how it will look.

Detailing already started on the front suspension bits, also tried a bit of that plastidip paint stuff on the under arches to get an idea of how it looks, but the red I got is a tad too bright [camera makes it look brighter!]

Here s a quick photo

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/P1020437.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/P1020439.jpg

Problem Child
20-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Jim, looking at installing the OEM light saber one! But need to first see if it wil fit in between the 2 posts, and get an idea on how it will look.

Detailing already started on the front suspension bits, also tried a bit of that plastidip paint stuff on the under arches to get an idea of how it looks, but the red I got is a tad too bright [camera makes it look brighter!]

Here s a quick photo

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/P1020437.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX8/P1020439.jpg

His suspension is cleaner than my sodding car!

Sudesh
20-07-2012, 05:51 PM
His suspension is cleaner than my sodding car!

Thats not it completely clean yet, many more hrs to be spent.

Problem Child
21-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Thats not it completely clean yet, many more hrs to be spent.

How would you like to come across to Buckinghamshire and sprinkle some of the Sudesh magic on my NSX? You'd even get a break (and some sleep) from parenting duties!

c11nky
21-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Best of luck Jim.
(Both with the car and the holiday!)

If you fancy a wee blast before you go just give me a shout. I'm still in East Lothian.

Alan

mutley
21-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Sudesh, looking great but stop it !!!!!

Alan, if I get a chance I'll give you a shout

jim