PDA

View Full Version : Motorshow

Sudesh
17-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Is there such a thing anymore in the UK?

What I mean is, there used to be a big Motorshow that was either in the NEC or London, but I havent seen it advertised since the last time I was there, which was 3 or 4 years ago.

Senninha
17-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Budget pressures have meant that 'most' manufacturers pulled out of UK motorshows as an annual event. However, what has happenned is that many of the larger players have made appearances at the Rolling Motor Show that is now part of the Goodwood FoS event hosted by Lord March.

IIRC, it was Paul (NSX2000) who helped out Honda with his Mugen Civic when their own one was damaged ... I think it also set a decent time up the hill with Tim Harvey at the wheel!

Sudesh
17-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Budget pressures have meant that 'most' manufacturers pulled out of UK motorshows as an annual event. However, what has happenned is that many of the larger players have made appearances at the Rolling Motor Show that is now part of the Goodwood FoS event hosted by Lord March.

IIRC, it was Paul (NSX2000) who helped out Honda with his Mugen Civic when their own one was damaged ... I think it also set a decent time up the hill with Tim Harvey at the wheel!

Ah right, thats why I haven't seen any mention of it since. So the Godwood event is the next best thing?

WhyOne?
18-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Certainly the Goodwood moving motor show touts itself as 'the' British motor show and it is a good event, worth the big bonus that you can see/hear the cars moving and if you are lucky, drive a car or two up the hill. I was due to drive the Mugen Civic Paul mentioned until someone carelessly drive it into a very famous E Type Jag and out through the side of the exhibition building!

However, having visited the Geneva motor show this year I would say the Goodwood show is on a much smaller scale.

18-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Speaking about the economy.....has anyone seen this in Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=26033&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=html&utm_campaign=2012-7-17

The Nurburgring is possibly closing down :( and i was planning in a couple of years to finally do the european drive .......

TimonUlmer
08-09-2012, 09:51 AM
I think it also set a decent time up the hill with Tim Harvey at the wheel!

------------------------
Standing Upon the Peak of All DVDs --- Revenge Season 1 DVD (http://www.wholesaledvdsales.co.uk/Revenge-Season-1-DVD-Boxset-FREE-SHIPPING-1962.html),Earth Shaking with this Movie