PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a LHD Targa....

granted_nsx
04-02-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm currently cruising the streets in an S2000 and I feel its now time to jump into somethign a little more exotic! I spend a lot of time on the continent and I'm more used to being on the left side of the car now! Any year considered, any colour considered! let me know!

simonprelude
04-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Have you tried looking for a car in Europe, there are lots for sale in places like Holland, but check out on the import duty etc if there is any.

I'm currently cruising the streets in an S2000 and I feel its now time to jump into somethign a little more exotic! I spend a lot of time on the continent and I'm more used to being on the left side of the car now! Any year considered, any colour considered! let me know!

bob_c
01-03-2006, 08:29 PM
how about this

http://www.justinbanks.com/7-Main.html

simonprelude
01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Wow looks good, good price.

bob_c
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Just a pity about the location... although my folks a just buying a house down there now... hmmm. It would be a great drive home!

Senninha
02-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Great looking NSX and I really like the color combo.

Bob c, as you say, would make for a good first drive! BTW, thsi one has popped up on Pistonheads.com aswell.

regards

simonprelude
02-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Now on ebay.

bob_c
03-03-2006, 06:53 PM
...what the hell happened to the tool kit!!!

Also "I have the owners manual, spare red key and other paperwork with the car but the service history has currently been mislaid." The history went with the toolkit by the looks of it.

This is a crying shame, its probably a stonking car, and I'd think seriously about getting a left hooker but with no history...forget it.

banks
03-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi Everyone,
Bob C is right, of course, this is a stonking car and it is also a shame the service history is not in my possession but as with all these things it exists, but I am still waiting for the docs from the previous owner, with this mileage, there is not much to piece together.

By the way, I am driving this around the South of France at the moment and I honestly can say this is the most impressed I have been with a car in many years, I normally keep Ferraris and Maseratis and last year smoked an XJ220 around but these are the first keys I reach for.

You guys could fly into Toulouse, where I would collect you, and have the drive of your life back to blighty!

Justin Banks

simonprelude
04-03-2006, 11:51 AM
So can you answer some of the other questions that have been asked around.

IE 1997 Acura NSX on a UK W (2000) Plate, how come ??

Also would there be any duty to pay, or as the car is UK registered is that all of it sorted out ?

These questions are for general enquiries not for me as I am perfectly happy with my car and would only really look at sub £15k for an earlier that the one you have for sale LHD euro driver, well unless you will let it go for £15k ??

banks
04-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Simon,
Yes, no problem, in 2000 when the car was imported the car, the car was given that registration year as that was the year of first registration. If there is a doubt as to the year of manufacture or problems with chassis numbers cars are normally given Q Plates.

No all taxes and duties have been paid so it is all done. There are many cars i would love to import form the states but it is just not viable to import and pay VAT and Duty on a US NSX.

If anyone has any questions they can call me on 0033 (0)561 843 977.
Justin Banks.

rsevo6
31-05-2006, 10:22 AM
A bit late, but some opinions on this car.

I have been actively trying to get this car.
Tried to deal to buy it from Banks, but was just a moment too late when calling him to make the deal final, car was sold the day before to a Dutch cartrader who made a deal with him to partially trade it for a RHD car that the Dutch trader wanted to get rid off.
As I really wanted the NSX, I contacted the cartrader to try to make a deal, and hey, he would have transported it to The Netherlands (where I live), so I could personally view the car.

Perhaps I am very picky, but the car was in no way as perfect as described by Banks.
About 3/4 of the car had been resprayed (already older paintwork).
This does not automatically mean it to be an accident car and might not be a problem (could have had paint damage).
On closer inspection however, it showed that both front and rear left fenders had been off the car, inside fenders too had been off, so some more major bodywork had been done.
When testdriving the car, it showed that the PS wasn't working, the brakes were wobbly and the engine ran a bit uneven.
So even though I really loved the colourcombo and really wanted a '97+ car, in the end I walked away.
It was later sold to a guy who traded in a Porsche on it.
So am still looking for a LHD '97-'99 NSX in blue/purple/green/black/orange with tan interior. If price interesting enough, I might also consider a '95+ targa too in one of these colours and with tan interior, or a yellow/black '95+ targa.
So if anyone knows one within the EU countries, please let me know.