PDA

View Full Version : Lemans classic

scottg
06-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Sad to say I still havnt made the trip to the lemans classic but there is loads of coverage on sky motors tv this weekend so if you get the chance set your box to remind you or record it, it looks fantastic.

andrew
11-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Just spent 3 days at this excellent event and can report that the NSX is as exclusive as ever. We only spotted one (Silver E2NSX) at the pre race gathering in La Chartre sur le Loir, driven by one of our fellow forum members living in France. The place was brimming with Porsche, Ferrari, TVR, Lotus etc etc. Regret to admit that we took a 300SL and a 360 so L4 didn't get down there this time.

markc
11-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Sad to say I still havnt made the trip to the lemans classic but there is loads of coverage on sky motors tv this weekend so if you get the chance set your box to remind you or record it, it looks fantastic.

I've been twice, last time in 2008 and it is, or at least was a fantastic event. The actual racing, over 2hrs for each of the 6 "plateau's" the repeated, is really confusing but just seeing and hearing the cars, particularly the latter plateau's is enough :)

I thought the coverage on MotorsTV was a bit dissappointing. I quite like Alain de Cadenet who hosted most of it but there was a bit too much chat filling the broadcast time and not enough coverage of the cars and racing itself. Some good interviews with legendary drivers though :cool:

It does look like it's going the way of the main event (and Goodwood!) i.e. too busy and too corporate, but I suppose that is the modern way. Reims has a classic event based around the old Reims Gueux circuit which is still in it's infancy. I popped in for a couple of hours when I happened to be passing a couple of years ago and it was very low key. Worth keeping an eye on I think. http://amis-du-circuit-de-gueux.fr/Historic-of-Circuit-Reims-Gueux

Cheers

Mark

scottg
11-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I've been twice, last time in 2008 and it is, or at least was a fantastic event. The actual racing, over 2hrs for each of the 6 "plateau's" the repeated, is really confusing but just seeing and hearing the cars, particularly the latter plateau's is enough :)

I thought the coverage on MotorsTV was a bit dissappointing. I quite like Alain de Cadenet who hosted most of it but there was a bit too much chat filling the broadcast time and not enough coverage of the cars and racing itself. Some good interviews with legendary drivers though :cool:

It does look like it's going the way of the main event (and Goodwood!) i.e. too busy and too corporate, but I suppose that is the modern way. Reims has a classic event based around the old Reims Gueux circuit which is still in it's infancy. I popped in for a couple of hours when I happened to be passing a couple of years ago and it was very low key. Worth keeping an eye on I think. http://amis-du-circuit-de-gueux.fr/Historic-of-Circuit-Reims-Gueux

Cheers

Mark

I agree Mark I saw a guy that was an ex GT40 mechanic being interviewed and he was an interesting guy but went off on so many tangents we never got the to answer to the original question, I don't think he was used to be on camera.

Ewan
15-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Just spent 3 days at this excellent event and can report that the NSX is as exclusive as ever. We only spotted one (Silver E2NSX) at the pre race gathering in La Chartre sur le Loir, driven by one of our fellow forum members living in France. The place was brimming with Porsche, Ferrari, TVR, Lotus etc etc. Regret to admit that we took a 300SL and a 360 so L4 didn't get down there this time. I was camping in Maison Blanche (went down in the Mrs' blue S5 cab that was at Japfest), and we did see Leigh (Kowalski)'s car only a few camp pitches away, though didn't see the man himself...

TimonUlmer
08-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Regret to admit that we took a 300SL and a 360 so L4 didn't get down there this time.

-------------------
Standing Upon the Peak of All DVDs --- Sons Of Anarchy Season 4 DVD (http://www.wholesaledvdsales.co.uk/Sons-Of-Anarchy-Season-4-DVD-Boxset-FREE-SHIPPING-1666.html),Earth Shaking with this Movie