PDA

View Full Version : TB service in the West Mids area?

nsx453
03-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Hi NSX fans.
My TB was last changed in 2001 and has only done 17k since.
After being tucked away in storage for the last few years, I have at last put her back on the road today....yay!
Does anyone know the best place to get the TB changed.....I'm on the Hereford / Wales border.
I've read that Kaz would be the main man but I cant get in touch with him via PM! Is there another way?
Also read that Japan TB service is based solely on miles not age. Would it be a huge risk to leave it till next year (only likely to do 2000miles this year)......think you'll all say yes to that one!!
Happy Motoring!
P.s Silver 1991 Auto. No mods. Puchased in 2002.....My pride and joy, never gona sell her!

m666 edd
04-07-2012, 07:21 AM
I think you'll probably get mixed answers ref service interval.

Like you say in Japan the service interval has nothing to do with age and is serviced purely by mileage - 60,000 miles I seem to recall but could be wrong.

Personally I would order in the parts required from an Acura dealer in the US which will save a lot of money and get it serviced at your convenience as I can't imagine 17k miles on an auto that the timing belt would have had much of a hard life.

But of course this isn't the best option for peace of mind. You'll have to decide.

NSXGB
04-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Kaz is available via the email option, his PM is disabled.

Norton Way Honda would possibly be the second choice, bit of a trek for you though but would blow the cobwebs out.

Senninha
04-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Hi,

What price do you put on peace of mind ... a few hundred for a new belt or a few thousand for an engine rebuild ...

NW is a long way, but there are dealers that can do the work more local ... IIRC theres one in\near Bristol thats been recommended before.

Enjoy the 'summer' motoring

regards, Paul

nsx453
04-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Hello again.
Thanks for the input guys.
I have mailed Kaz but I am expecting him to be too busy.
It was the second day back on the road for my NSX today but the enjoyment is being overwhelmed by the TB issue
in the back of my mind!! Think I need peace of mind!!
I googled Norton Way to find they are approx 160 miles away.
When I had a power steering problem in the past, I went to Brindley Honda in Halesowen. They were very good. Might give them a call if Kaz can't fit me in.
There must a Honda dealer in the Cardiff area sevicing the NSX.
Does anyone have a record of who used to be an NSX Dealership?
Does anyone know how many are still on the road in the uk? I cant remember the last time I saw one!
Too many questions!!
Time for action!!

sorepaws
05-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Had my timing belt/water pump done last year by Honda in Milton Keynes ( Johnson's Honda) they seem to be competant. When I collected the car they showed me the old belt (it had done 15,000 miles) it was perfect ! But I guess changing it after 8 years was the right thing from an insurance point of view.

Vic at Honda MK is always helpful and will taylor a service according to your needs.

A.S. Motorsport
06-07-2012, 08:10 AM
When I had a power steering problem in the past,

I'm seeing a lot of NSX's with EPS issues lately seems the racks are getting to a certain age they start having more issues.
Also don't forget to do you waterpump and check out the seals.