PDA

View Full Version : Lower Window Moulding

paulc
02-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Took mine of at the weekend plus the scuttle to clean underneath, could not believe the amount of rubbish under there!! Anybody got any tips on the best/easiest way to put the lower window moulding back on??

Many thanks

Kaz-kzukNA1
03-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Hi, paulc.

If you are talking about the parts in the 1st photo and held by the yellow clips in the 2nd photo of this post (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?7122-cured-the-typical-screen-misting-i-hope%21&p=65034#post65034), then it could be too late but best to get hold of spare yellow clips first.

So easy to break or damage them due to their age.

It’s been a while since I carried out this process but first, I removed all of the yeallow clips. This is when you can break them if they are old.

Then, I marked the lower moulding with the exact position of the square hole on the chassis side and then installed the yellow clips inside the recess of the moulding using the marker as the reference.

Then placed the moulding on the windshield and just tapped the marker area to press in the yellow clips into the chassis.
This is another occasion when it could damage the clips if they are old.
You may struggle to align/insert both edge of the moulding under the sash at the lower windshield edge.

Be careful with the sharp edge of the moulding at each end and take care not to damage the rubber cover at the bonnet hinge.

Kaz

paulc
04-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Many thanks Kaz sounds like a cunning plan.

Once again cheers

Paul