PDA

View Full Version : Stonking Insurance Quote!

david_f
01-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Dear All. Just got a cracking deal with T H B Egger Lawson (sometimes known as Competition Car insurance www.competition-car-insurance.co.uk); although don’t be put off by the name, you don’t have to have a competition car.

My NSX is the 3.2 manual (2000) and has modifications to the suspension (fully adjustable Nitron), brakes (AP Racing), wheels (Image Wheels; special build), exhaust (Zorstec) and has an FIA approved roll cage, race seats (Recaros) and harnesses (all professionally fitted). The vehicle is valued at £30K, with a 5,000 pa limited mileage use.

I received a discount for being an NSXCB member and a further discount for being a National Group ‘B’ race licence holder. The quote I got was just £630 including insurance cover for 4 UK track days per year! Excess for road use is £350 and £3,000 for track days. Downsides?

Well if you take the track day option then you can’t have windscreen cover. Although to put this deal in perspective, I was paying £175 per track day for insurance ON TOP of my insurance of £813 (unmodified car) last year. So effectively, if I do 4 track days this year, my road insurance will be free! Give them a call on 0115 941 5255 and mention you are an NSXCB member and see if you can save money too!

Cheers, David.