Problem Child
26-06-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C308785#

Senninha
26-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Nice example by the looks of it ....

Dutchy
27-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Automatic is a no go for me.... these bad boys need te be driven manual.. :cool:

Nick Graves
27-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Hijack - how is/was your Quattroporte?

I love the look & the sound, but fear they may be a recipe for bankruptcy...

Hondaboy
27-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Automatic is a no go for me.... these bad boys need te be driven manual.. :cool:

Don't knock an auto if you ain't owned one :rolleyes:

One year of ownership with mine and wouldn't change it for a manual

AR
27-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Auto is nice for daily but the full NSX experience is the manual IMHO and I have driven both. Not "hatin" on the auto but the manual is a superior sports car.

nobby
27-06-2012, 11:00 PM
looks a lovely example, if i wanted an nsx in current climate i would seriously consider it. Auto or not.

think who buys it needs to do the odd bit of work no doubt but she is a minter looking

Hondaboy
28-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Auto is nice for daily but the full NSX experience is the manual IMHO and I have driven both. Not "hatin" on the auto but the manual is a superior sports car.

Think I've cocked up then as my daily drives a manual and my play things an auto:D

Anyway back to topic looks very nice in the pics would love a targa for those rare sunny days

Chris B N
28-06-2012, 08:07 AM
this car is an F Matic gives you the best of both worlds

Tokyo-Joe
28-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Nice looking car and just around the corner from me :)

NSXGB
28-06-2012, 09:14 AM
How many gears does the F-Matic have?

this car is an F Matic gives you the best of both worlds

havoc
28-06-2012, 10:52 AM
And can you execute perfect HnT downshifts in one?

Papalazarou
28-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Are you guys really really going to have the manual vs auto converstation? Really?

britlude
28-06-2012, 12:37 PM
oh i do Hope so! i do so en joy auto slagging. As for perfect heel and toe downshifts, i do that in a normal auto, don't need flappy paddles to do that

nobby
28-06-2012, 01:34 PM
this thread should not turn into that ... it should concentrate solely on what is being offered and to my eyes it looks like a very nice NSX indeed

ANYONE seriously considering purchasing an NSX should look at this car ... considering current availability etc in the UK at the moment

It looks very clean indeed and cant see another for sale coming up like that unless one of us forum owners parts with theirs!

was the owner of this car ever on here ... ?

Are you guys really really going to have the manual vs auto converstation? Really?

flyingsniffer
29-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Hi, new to this forum but know what a powerful source of information these can be!

A bit about me: having been a previous owner of a Ford GT (one of the '28' courtesy of my company's work with Ford), then an Aston V8 Vantage Roadster (sold to pay the stamp duty on my new house :-(), my latest 'fun car' is a (please don't laugh) Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin - mine is featured in this month's CAR magazine. A shot of it being driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya should push its value up a bit!

Anyway, I'm after an NSX. I've never been a Porsche guy, but I'm looking for something that will not cost me a fortune to run, won't lose me a boatload in depreciation yet will be a bit of fun to drive and hang out in - the NSX seems to fit the bill nicely. I've driven a couple and they suit me (glad I'm not too tall though - 5'8"). The car that is the subject of this thread (a blue Targa Auto) is for sale. Does anyone here know anything more of it? OK on budget for me (a bit more than I wanted to spend, but isn't it always?), the car is pretty close to me.

Thanks in advance!

Sudesh
29-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi, new to this forum but know what a powerful source of information these can be!

A bit about me: having been a previous owner of a Ford GT (one of the '28' courtesy of my company's work with Ford), then an Aston V8 Vantage Roadster (sold to pay the stamp duty on my new house :-(), my latest 'fun car' is a (please don't laugh) Toyota Corolla AE86 Levin - mine is featured in this month's CAR magazine. A shot of it being driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya should push its value up a bit!

Anyway, I'm after an NSX. I've never been a Porsche guy, but I'm looking for something that will not cost me a fortune to run, won't lose me a boatload in depreciation yet will be a bit of fun to drive and hang out in - the NSX seems to fit the bill nicely. I've driven a couple and they suit me (glad I'm not too tall though - 5'8"). The car that is the subject of this thread (a blue Targa Auto) is for sale. Does anyone here know anything more of it? OK on budget for me (a bit more than I wanted to spend, but isn't it always?), the car is pretty close to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Welcome to the club!

That car is actually purple, midnight purple to be exact. Best to have a Look at it in the flesh to see if you like the color or not. The midnight purple in the UK, ONLY came as a targa, but manual box was also available.

The rest I would say, have a look in the technical section, see some of faults/problems that can arise and read some of the threads to give you an idea on what can happen, gauge prices of services/repairs and what to look out for.

AR
31-07-2012, 09:23 PM
An ex owner went to see this car and was not thrilled with the condition of the paintwork,history or the cleanliness of the interior.

Lankstarr
01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Was that ex owner on the forum going by the name of AR?

AR
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Nope an ex owner that wants another one as he misses his car. He has looked at a few already.

Lankstarr
02-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Surely youre an ex owner that misses his car also :-)

Didn't realise Ivor was looking again, hard gap to fill given what he sold.

L*

flyingsniffer
02-08-2012, 10:39 PM
I never did go and see this car. The advert did something strange between my first view and the next one.....the price seemed to change (and not in a good way)

markc
03-08-2012, 08:50 AM
How many gears does the F-Matic have?

4 (plus reverse). Same as the earlier auto 'box, different/extra selector.