PDA

View Full Version : Other side of the fence

AR
20-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Been looking at other interesting cars, Nobles, TVRs and is funny how current owners edge prospective sellers to go High with the price, the same as with some current NSX owners. Lol it really cracks me up do they really think that prospective owners can't check what they payed for the cars and the history of the same! It show that desperate times cause people to get desperate.

BTW wtf is Honda playing at? They won't show anything untillate this year. Way to go HUK at this rate the gtr keep looking better by the minute!

markc
20-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Been looking at other interesting cars, Nobles, TVRs and is funny how current owners edge prospective sellers to go High with the price...

:doh: Why on earth would any current owner do anything other than that? It's in their interest to talk prices up. This particular forum lost it's collective mind on that subject for a while but common sense seems to have prevailed more recently :thumbsup:

the same as with some current NSX owners. Lol it really cracks me up do they really think that prospective owners can't check what they payed for the cars and the history of the same! It show that desperate times cause people to get desperate.

What a vehicle previously sold for has very little to do with it's current value if a) the car was "bought well", as the motor trade like to say, and b) if the market for that vehicle is moving up. At the end of the day the buyer and seller come to an agreement on price, if either is unhappy no sale takes place, simples :cool:

Cheers

Mark

manisandher
20-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Hmmm, not sure if I agree with this. But look, there'll always be two schools of thought wrt future values. I'm a current NSX owner and you'll probably not believe me, but it matters little to me whether its value goes up or down because I'm not selling anyway. I do however want my insurance to cover its current market value.

I'm not sure how many people there are out there like me, but I was willing to pay up to £60K for a 55-plate NSX last year. Why? Because I test drove a number of new cars, including a GTR and 911 and although they're lighting fast (especially the GTR - the sales guy allowed me to try the launch control!) I just couldn't imagine one of these as a long-term keeper.

I'm sure there are many attractive cars the other side of the fence. Good luck with the quest...

Mani.

AR
20-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Mark I agree with you but when one does a check and issues come up on a car, but the owner denies such is really frustrating. If the NSX market is meagre the GTO 3 r and Sagaris market is non existent! People forget that the faults they ask for help on will be there for prospective owners to search and discover!

markc
20-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Mark I agree with you but when one does a check and issues come up on a car, but the owner denies such is really frustrating. If the NSX market is meagre the GTO 3 r and Sagaris market is non existent! People forget that the faults they ask for help on will be there for prospective owners to search and discover!

Ha ha true, what goes on the internet stays on the internet :D

All those plastic kit cars lurch from one breakdown or major component failure to the next :P

Mark

AR
20-06-2012, 07:45 PM
But they do it Fast lol

jaytip
21-06-2012, 11:09 PM
People forget that the faults they ask for help on will be there for prospective owners to search and discover!
It's interesting you say that Ary,because my old 04 (prior to me buying it) was roundly putdown by members of this board,but It didn't stop it gaining 13K in value over 3 years though.As it has gone through the last few owners,the desciption and compliments get better and better,and it's not as if the car has been back to Honda for it's refresh program.

WhyOne?
22-06-2012, 01:38 PM
.....If the NSX market is meagre the GTO 3 r and Sagaris market is non existent!

Currently 8 Sagaris and 9 Noble GTO 3R's for sale on Pistonheads.

1 NSX..........up from none yesterday morning!

AR
23-06-2012, 01:36 PM
It's interesting you say that Ary,because my old 04 (prior to me buying it) was roundly putdown by members of this board,but It didn't stop it gaining 13K in value over 3 years though.As it has gone through the last few owners,the desciption and compliments get better and better,and it's not as if the car has been back to Honda for it's refresh program.

Ivor people don't read old post and I you make a bad comment it get taken down.

AR
23-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Currently 8 Sagaris and 9 Noble GTO 3R's for sale on Pistonheads.

1 NSX..........up from none yesterday morning!

But are they a good ones???

WhyOne?
23-06-2012, 02:18 PM
But are they a good ones???

Who knows.

Your point was that the market for these cars made that for the NSX look prolific. Using Pistonheads as a measure, the statistics currently suggest quite the opposite.

TheSebringOne
28-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Ary, whether the next NSX is on your list, what would you like to fill the gap until 2014 or 2015?

I always liked TVRs but I could not live with the quailty of finish, reliability & lack of some basic driving aids like ABS & TC.

jaytip
28-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Looking at this months Evo,the selling price of the new NSX is 160K. It better be something special for that sort of money.

NSXGB
28-06-2012, 04:49 PM
IIRC The chap at the Geneva motor show indicated that it would be a lot less than that to hit their target market.

Looking at this months Evo,the selling price of the new NSX is 160K. It better be something special for that sort of money.

WhyOne?
29-06-2012, 07:20 PM
IR the same as YR Simon!