PDA

View Full Version : Climate control module needed.

chl935
17-06-2012, 10:42 PM
After completing all fault tests I have concluded that the only thing left to replace is the dash climate control unit :(.
Is anyone able to supply one from a 1992 model?
Without the control of the air conditioning and fan motor it is almost impossible to drive any distance without either discomfort or windows misting up. Please help.

NSXGB
17-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Have you tried getting it repaired?

Have a look at Kaz's blog to view the magic he performs on these circut boards. If interested, send him an email and I'm sure he will be able to cure your boards problems.

NSXGB
17-06-2012, 10:58 PM
BTW. Welcome. Where in West Sussex are you from & what flavour NSX do you have?

chl935
17-06-2012, 11:21 PM
BTW. Welcome. Where in West Sussex are you from & what flavour NSX do you have?

Hi, Wisborough Green and have a beautiful formula red/black roof with stunning chromed 17 inch rims.
I have actually owned this car for 14 years now and don't think I will ever sell it as i still feel as excited when i drive as i did when i first got it! Amazing.
Just to let you know when i removed the module today i did inspect the circuit boards for any burns or dry joints but everything seemed perfect. Obviuosly it could be eprom related or sealed switch problems, what do you suggest.

Silver Surfer
17-06-2012, 11:33 PM
I would strongly suggest you contact Kaz and send it to him to check/repair it for you.....for a 1992 car..99.9% likely to be faulty...Kaz cost for this repair is very reasonable compare to getting a replacement one.

If you are not sure..another option is to see if one of the local owners can take their functioning module and plug into your car to proof it is your module at fault.
There are a few 'handy' and helpful owners around Sussex.

SS

SS

NSXGB
18-06-2012, 01:12 AM
We are very helpful in Sussex. :)
As SS says, if its not been looked at before, it's more than likely to have something gone bad by now. Will be the best £ you've spent on your car. (A new unit is around £1200, if it can be fixed, it will cost a fraction of that)

chl935
18-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Cheers for your advice guys I will remove it and send it over to Kaz and keep you informed when it next starts working again.

Kaz-kzukNA1
18-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi, chl935.
Thank you for showing your interest to my service.

I’ll appreciate if you can contact me through the email as I already disabled the PM feature long time ago.

I tried to send an email to you but it seems that you haven’t registered your latest email address or you haven’t enabled the ‘receive email’ feature.

Therefore, once you have registered your email address to your account or enabled the feature, please log into NSXCB and left click on my user ID to select the ‘Send email’ option.

Please note that this option will only show up AFTER you have logged into the NSXCB site.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Regards,
Kaz

chl935
19-06-2012, 06:32 AM
Hi Kaz,
Not yet got the hang of setting up my email address on the NSXCB site.

But if it helps you to contact me it is clivepluckrose@ymail.com

Regards,

chl935

chl935
19-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Hi again Kaz,

I think i've managed to put my email address details on this forum so please give a try.

chl935
20-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Hi, chl935.
Thank you for showing your interest to my service.

I’ll appreciate if you can contact me through the email as I already disabled the PM feature long time ago.

I tried to send an email to you but it seems that you haven’t registered your latest email address or you haven’t enabled the ‘receive email’ feature.

Therefore, once you have registered your email address to your account or enabled the feature, please log into NSXCB and left click on my user ID to select the ‘Send email’ option.

Please note that this option will only show up AFTER you have logged into the NSXCB site.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Regards,
Kaz

Hi Kaz,
About 2 months ago my dash control refused to light up when turned on so last sunday i removed it and carried out diagnostic checks as per worksop manual instructions.

My conclusion is faulty dash control module as it had a permanant live an ignition live and both earth feeds were good.

I then proceeded to carefully open module and inspected the board for any dry joints or burn damage to componants. The board and the componants looked as good as new, certainly belieing it's 20 year old age.

If i sent it over to you would you first please be able to plug it into another car, maybe your own and confirm my suspicions on it's faultyness.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

PS
Just so that you know I think I spoke with you at japfest this year, I was the AA sales guy on your club stand with my red NSX under theAA canopy.

Kind regards
Clive or should I say chl935