PDA

View Full Version : Alarm DIY Questions

etang789
31-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I am installing a Viper 5704 into my JDM 1991 NSX, and the install is almost done!

But since the Service Manual I have is for LHD, and my car is a JDM RHD. I have trouble locating the Trunk/Boot Release wire in the cabin.

Is there Trunk / Boot Release wire around the glove box area? And what color is the wire?

Another wire I am looking for is the Hood Trigger wire as well.

Kaz-kzukNA1
31-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Boot opener circuit is very simple and all components are in series so quite straight forward.

Battery Posi terminal
|

|

|
20A Fuse,
Main Relay Box
pentagonal, under bonnet
|
ORN

|

Boot opener,
Main sw, On or Off
(glove box)
|
WHT/RED
|

Boot opener,
sw, NO type
(driver door)
|
WHT/BLK
|

Boot opener,
solenoid (boot)
|
BLK
|

GND (G551)

So, you should see 2pin connector behind the small on/off switch inside the glove box with orange and white/red wires in it.
However, I don't see the reason why you need to access these wires for security system.

If you want to open the boot with the security remote, then you need to activate the boot opener solenoid.
Boot opener main sw (glove box) is normally kept in 'ON' position and the boot opener switch (door) is Normally Open (NO) type so the battery power is always live upto the WHT/RED wire at the switch located on the door.

One side of the solenoid (BLK wire) is already connected to the GND.

So, depending on the security system design, you can simply break into WHT/BLK wire if the security system generates positive trigger or you need to create parallel circuit if it generates negative trigger.
[EDIT: If you want to prevent the boot from being opened with the positive trigger circuit if the boot opener Main sw is in Off position, then you will also need to create the parallel circuit to the existing one.]

The factory fitted standard security system was only available from Feb/93 for JDM NSX and for your model, it was an optional item combined with IR remote for the keyless entry. Therefore, I don’t think you have hood/bonnet switch near the latch.

You can install commonly used GND open/close type switch somewhere under the bonnet instead.

Kaz

etang789
31-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Boot opener circuit is very simple and all components are in series so quite straight forward.

Battery Posi terminal
|

|

|
20A Fuse,
Main Relay Box
pentagonal, under bonnet
|
ORN

|

Boot opener,
Main sw, On or Off
(glove box)
|
WHT/RED
|

Boot opener,
sw, NO type
(driver door)
|
WHT/BLK
|

Boot opener,
solenoid (boot)
|
BLK
|

GND (G551)

So, you should see 2pin connector behind the small on/off switch inside the glove box with orange and white/red wires in it.
However, I don't see the reason why you need to access these wires for security system.

If you want to open the boot with the security remote, then you need to activate the boot opener solenoid.
Boot opener main sw (glove box) is normally kept in 'ON' position and the boot opener switch (door) is Normally Open (NO) type so the battery power is always live upto the WHT/RED wire at the switch located on the door.

One side of the solenoid (BLK wire) is already connected to the GND.

So, depending on the security system design, you can simply break into WHT/BLK wire if the security system generates positive trigger or you need to create parallel circuit if it generates negative trigger.
[EDIT: If you want to prevent the boot from being opened with the positive trigger circuit if the boot opener Main sw is in Off position, then you will also need to create the parallel circuit to the existing one.]

The factory fitted standard security system was only available from Feb/93 for JDM NSX and for your model, it was an optional item combined with IR remote for the keyless entry. Therefore, I don’t think you have hood/bonnet switch near the latch.

You can install commonly used GND open/close type switch somewhere under the bonnet instead.

Kaz

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Yes I am tapping the power from the orange wire from the glove box switch for the trunk / boot relay. But then I cannot find the WHT/BLK wire.

About the hood trigger, interesting fact because the USDM service manual is for a 1991 model and it has this hood trigger but the wiring color and location is different.

britlude
31-05-2012, 07:25 PM
the orange will give you the fused supply to fire the boot solenoid, but you'll have to intercept the wht/blk wire that comes 'from' the switch in the drivers door. you should find this in the bundle of wires coming through the driver door pillar, that's where i tapped my remote boot release into.

you are effectively bypassing the glovebox security/valet switch and the drivers door 'open the boot' switch. also if you want to retain the valet option, take your supply from the wht/red at the glovebox switch.

as Kaz says, you'll have to fit your own hood/bonnet trigger switch as I don't remember seeing, or the car needing, one. 1992 JDM hasn't got one as standard, and JDM seemed to have all the toys before anywhere else! :D

nigel
05-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Kaz,

Tried to p/m you but it won't work.
I've an alarm and one other question for you but no need boring the rest of the lads.
Please p/m or e-mail me.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
05-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Nigel, you can pm Kaz directly via the site too.

Kaz,

I've an alarm and one other question for you but no need boring the rest of the lads.
Please p/m or e-mail me.

Cheers
nigel

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Kaz,

Please p/m or e-mail me.

Cheers
nigel
Bit off topic so apology to the OP......

Hi, nigel.

I already disabled the PM system on my account long time ago as it is not ideal for dealing with multiple owners at the same time and for the complicated matters that often require the usage of attachment files. For some reason, I haven't been able to access my user control setting for long time and hence, no longer be able to enable the PM feature even for the temporary usage so not possible to send PM to you.

You should already have my email address as I replied back to your 'A/C conversion' question on 25/May.
If you didn’t receive it, please check your registered email address at your NSXCB account. From time to time, I found that the users forgot to update their latest email address associated with their NSXCB account.

In case your registered email address is not up to date, you are not sure on how to update it or if you are accessing the NSXCB from different machine/method, please send me an email by right clicking on my user id AFTER you have logged in and write your latest email address manually inside the mail body.

[Edit: As a back up, I sent a message through NSX Prime with my email address manually typed in the body so hope you can use it for the future communications.]

Thank you.

Regards,
Kaz

nigel
08-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks NSXGB,

Kaz, I'll get it sorted and get hold of you.

Cheers
nigel

etang789
27-06-2012, 03:15 PM
the orange will give you the fused supply to fire the boot solenoid, but you'll have to intercept the wht/blk wire that comes 'from' the switch in the drivers door. you should find this in the bundle of wires coming through the driver door pillar, that's where i tapped my remote boot release into.

you are effectively bypassing the glovebox security/valet switch and the drivers door 'open the boot' switch. also if you want to retain the valet option, take your supply from the wht/red at the glovebox switch.

as Kaz says, you'll have to fit your own hood/bonnet trigger switch as I don't remember seeing, or the car needing, one. 1992 JDM hasn't got one as standard, and JDM seemed to have all the toys before anywhere else! :D

I tried a few more times looking for the White/Black wire from the door and still no luck... can anyone show me a picture of where it might be?

britlude
27-06-2012, 03:56 PM
there will be a big bundle of wires coming from the door into the car... open the door, you'll see the cable cover going between the door and body, you need to find this place inside the car!

you'll probably have to remove the cover above the pedals, and the drivers side knee bolster to see it. once you've found the bundle, it's a case of gently teasing the wires apart until you find the white/black.

once you've found it you can check it's the right one with a multimeter and a sharp pointed probe, checking the voltage changes when the boot release button is pressed