PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser

Trident
24-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Yet another problem! Can't turn off immobiliser and stuck in Henley. Changed battery in key fob, checked all the doors etc. To no effect. Any suggestions anyone?

mjames75
24-05-2012, 03:37 PM
im guessing you can open the car? Just the car wont start or attempt to start...

Try disconnecting the Battery and reconnect it after 30 seconds or so, Had this on my civic and seemed to solve it

NSXGB
24-05-2012, 06:38 PM
What are the exact symptoms?

When I first read this I thought it was going to be another main relay problem....

havoc
24-05-2012, 08:58 PM
1) Have you got the nearly-square fob with the rounded-edges and two grey rubber buttons side-by-side? If so that's a Hamilton Palmer system, sister to that fitted to pre-03 S2000's which often caused similar trouble. If it's died then I'd suggest it's properly dead and you'll need an auto-sparky to rip it out and replace it. Call the RAC...after you've decided where you want it taking (although to be fair they did tow my S2000 twice - once to home and 2nd time to the alarm fitter).

2) As above, is the car cranking? Are you getting the usual suite of dashboard lights? Can you hear the fuel-pump priming when you first turn the ignition?

lotusolly
24-05-2012, 09:13 PM
If you have the Hamilton Palmer Honda fit alarm then there is an overide key. If I recall correctly the module is located under the bonnet and fixed to the top centre of the bulkhead (above the spare wheel location). It is about a 4" square box and will have a black rubber cap over the top of the key slot which is on top of the module. The key is similar size to a padlock key and I think that if you turn the key in the module it shuts off the alarm and immobiliser. Not absolutly certain and I am not with my car to check but hope that helps.

Olly

Trident
25-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Car is back home now. The alarm is a Cobra unit so I will research this make and see what can be done.
The symptoms are: The key fob doesn't lock or unlock the car, therefore cannot get the dashboard to light up with the key in the ignition. The backup battery (wherever it is) has run out of juice, so no more ear splitting alarm at least.

Trident
25-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Fixed it! Just had to reset the system by holding down both buttons until the red led on the fob went out, then press the larger button once or twice. Had to try this several times before it worked.
So now I can get back to changing the rear O2 sensor. I have already changed the front one that had failed (extremely difficult with the engine in) but had a lot of help and moral support from GaryM (What a star he was!)