PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump?

Tokyo-Joe
19-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi guys,

I intend to replace my fuel pump (for peace of mind) and have always enjoyed faultless running with Walbro's in the past however my favourite Walbro supplier does not list the NSX.

Has anyone bought a walbro with the correct fitting kit for an NSX over here? I see SOS does them in the states but I really don't want to import when we have plenty of Walbro dealers.

Thanks for reading :)

Tokyo-Joe
19-05-2012, 08:14 AM
You know what I just found one myself from Temple Tuning who I have used before:

http://www.templetuning.co.uk/walbro-fuel-pump-honda-acura-nsx-30--32-24v-vtec-motorsport-upgrade-2113-p.asp

That was easier then I thought!

AR
20-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Fwiw changing the fuel pump on an NSX is a pain in the... You have to drop the tank to do it properly and you might as well change some of the fuel lines. Do the fuel filter too. Fwiw oem pump is better unless you are tuning beyond it's flow.

Tokyo-Joe
21-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks AR, my concern is that the pump is likely 21 yrs old and I don't want it to cut out on me. So it's more of a pre cautionary strategy. I'm also aiming for bigger injectors so a fresh pump will be a good idea anyway.

AR
21-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Will you also be running a different ecu? Also don't forget the oem fuel pressure regulator. Have you had it on a dyno and does it show that is leaning out too much at the top? Just saying that clean oem injectors, new fuel filter, tank lines and oem pump will probably be more than enough. The oem fuel system is used in low pressure superchargers except for the fpr so it should be fine for NA as long as it is refreshed.

Tokyo-Joe
21-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the advice mate.

I will be going for a custom map on the stock ecu, mapped to my modifications. I am impressed with the prospeed larger injectors and tune over on prime, they have had great results for increasing power for not a massive outlay. I feel I should replace the pump as it can't last forever and if I am replacing it anyway I may as well upgrade it. Do you have the fuel filter part number?

I did dyno and experienced lean issues and am working through replacing the service items to help with this. I cleaned the throttle body just this weekend :)

AR
21-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Can't remember mate but local dealer have them, they are not much £. Youl need air tools for the torque to get it off.

NSXGB
24-05-2012, 05:20 AM
Might be of interest to you: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/fuel_pump_power_distribution_kit/

AdvansCPAP
03-06-2012, 06:30 PM
I have the Walbro 255 and it works fine. Some people jump the fuel pump resistor to apply full power to the pump, but I kept it just like OEM. Passes emissions with no issue.