PDA

View Full Version : new windscreen required

Problem Child
17-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Any suggestions. Autoglass are quoting 6 months!

Sudesh
17-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Any suggestions. Autoglass are quoting 6 months!

I think that's about right from most places, unless Honda themselves? But going to be big money buying straight from them.

Did you by any chance ask auto glass if the screen they get, comes direct from Honda? Only asking as Honda seem to always give a worse case scenario on delivery time scale, if it's not a stocked item in the UK and Belgium, and what I noticed usually happens is, the part arrives a 3 to 5 weeks! I was quoted 2 months for something once, it arrived in 3 weeks.

Papalazarou
18-05-2012, 08:01 AM
I had a new windscreen from Autoglass a few weeks back. It only took a week for them to get it sorted. The guy who installed it was exceptionally good.
However, originally they were quoting a greater lead time because they needed clips and an aluminium section. I reality if the installer's any good, he will be able to reuse those parts without issue. So try to find out whether the delay is windscreen or parts.
Additionally, if your car's previously had a replacement and your windscreen creaks, a good installer can remedy this.
Needless to say my experience was very positive.

Cheers,

James.

paulc
18-05-2012, 10:45 AM
All the best Geoff, mine took 7 months to come from autoglass. They did however do an excellent job of fitting the new one when it did arrive.

nobby
18-05-2012, 10:53 AM
i have some chips etc and the odd bit of cracking on my glass that has been taken care of by previous owners.
Where do i stand with insurance if i wished to replace the screen for a new unblemished one?
is this doable under insurance policies?

NSXGB
18-05-2012, 01:50 PM
As far as I know, the screens ONLY come from Honda so you are at their mercy for part lead times.

Tokyo-Joe
19-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Autoglass for me last year as well, £2k bill and I paid just the £60 excess - its worth waiting :)

NSXGB
19-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Autoglass for me last year as well, £2k bill and I paid just the £60 excess - its worth waiting :)

Very strange, they quoted me around £1200 last year.
National Mobile Windscreens were able to do the job for £1k (that the max I was allowed to claim on my windscreen policy).

Tokyo-Joe
21-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Perhaps it was because mine is an import? I had to argue up my insurance chain over cost but made it to the chief of operations and all of a sudden after weeks/months it happened fast :)

Problem Child
27-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Windscreen sorted.

Ordered through Honda MK due 1st week in June. £1101 fitted including all the clips etc less 15% discount and all sorted with the insurance Company!

scottg
27-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Windscreen sorted.

Ordered through Honda MK due 1st week in June. £1101 fitted including all the clips etc less 15% discount and all sorted with the insurance Company!

I do love a story with a happy ending. Can't imagine missing the summer with the car sat in the garage minus a screen

Problem Child
27-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Me too

My worry was waiting until nearer MOT time (September) and then it failing and having to wait months for a replacement

Wish me luck, off to fit my Shark II antenna now!!!....and then off out for a run in the NSX to see about an alarm

Tokyo-Joe
27-05-2012, 09:18 AM
That's a good deal, cool!

Problem Child
27-05-2012, 09:33 AM
All for the price of my £75 glass excess....I'll settle for that any day!

Insurance by Aviva

NSXGB
27-05-2012, 10:49 AM
£75 is a good deal, a full set of clips from HUK isn't far off that!

Problem Child
07-07-2012, 05:02 PM
£75 is a good deal, a full set of clips from HUK isn't far off that!

Got S21NSX back today with its shiny new windscreen....makes a hell of a difference! i am sure it even goes faster! LOL

Thank you AVIVA, new windscreen, clips etc genuine honda parts all for the princely sum of £75.

Great service from Autoscreens in Aylesbury!