PDA

View Full Version : Daliracing dilemma

umran9
17-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi,Guys i ordered and payed for some parts of Daliracing back in March and still havent recieved them! Ive sent him a few emails but no response from him! Im getting quite frustrated now as i needed the parts for the Nsx as im looking to put it up for sale...
Has anyone else had problems with Daliracing?
Ive tried to open a dispute with Paypal who are not interested now as its been over 45 days!

Regards Umran:angry:

Dutchy
17-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Ordered in march... well then you will most likely never get your stuff. I have been reading a lot of bad news on Dali and people that were robbed from their money. Strangely enough there are also people that have good experience with this guy. I have never done bussines with them but from what I have read I never will... too many bad stories around of members that never got their stuff. One person said... if you order from Dali... check availibility first and then take your chances. if not then stay far away from them.

Mind you this is all based on threads I saw on prime.

Good luck and I hope you will get your money back or your stuff in.

Papalazarou
17-05-2012, 04:58 PM
There have been debates about this for years. Also very recently. Makes me think there should be a sticky somewhere with a warning to club members. After all the forum's here in part to protect members.

Cheers,

James.

havoc
17-05-2012, 07:25 PM
If your PayPal card is a credit card, try them - you should have some protection through that.

If a debit card, then good luck with PayPal...as you've little other hope, sorry.

amo
17-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Like the man said if you paid with ur credit card via paypall you are covered just ring them and file a dispute with the credit card company if not then you will have to kiss your money goodbye
Thx amo

AR
17-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Sounds bad mate have you tried posting on nsxprime? Maybe one of our American cousins can help?

nigel
17-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Not this "Dali/Mark" bashing again?

Cheers
nigel

Papalazarou
17-05-2012, 08:51 PM

Cheers
nigel

Looks that way. I vote we put a permanent warning on the site. It's really weak to keep sitting on the fence.

Cheers,

James.

nobby
17-05-2012, 09:12 PM
i think its only fair for people to make there own mind up without putting up warnings, posts for discussion etc work better imho

there are plenty of +'s and -'s with Dali's service to NSX owners both on this site and Prime etc.

for nsxcb to just put up a permanent warning against him is not right as there are a number of owners on here who have had/continue to get decent service from him

it would very much be a dali/mark bashing to do a perm post ... perhaps a 'Dali experience' sticky thread would be better where good and bad experiences can be shared??

i do hope that mark gets back to the original poster, or somehow is able to recoup his monies. very unfortunate :(

Looks that way. I vote we put a permanent warning on the site. It's really weak to keep sitting on the fence.

Cheers,

James.

Problem Child
17-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I suggest a DNS attack on his site and bring his site down!

Papalazarou
17-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I understand what you are saying, but general discussions just get lost. I've bought from Dali before with no issue. However, just because some of us have had a satisfactory experience, doesn't mean that NSXCB shouldn't be alerted to the potential problems of dealing with Dali.
He's taken money from too many people just to brush it under the rug.
So my opinion is, if we don't do something we are, as a club condoning his unacceptable behaviour.
The only way I see a discussion type format working is if there is a totally separate review section for vendors with a sticky for the most popular/notorious. (there's room now the regional section has gone).
That seems reasonable and will be as balanced as the posts it attracts.

Cheers,

James.

Sudesh
17-05-2012, 09:43 PM
I understand what you are saying, but general discussions just get lost. I've bought from Dali before with no issue. However, just because some of us have had a satisfactory experience, doesn't mean that NSXCB shouldn't be alerted to the potential problems of dealing with Dali.
So my opinion is, if we don't do something we are, as a club condoning his unacceptable behaviour.
The only way I see a discussion type format working is if there is a totally separate review section for vendors with a sticky for the most popular/notorious. (there's room now the regional section has gone).

Cheers,

James.

That sounds like the best way forward!

Problem Child
17-05-2012, 09:49 PM

Cheers
nigel

None of my ancestors were affected by Hitlers actions but I reserve the right to disagree with what he did. Or is that Hitler bashing?

I havent suffered at the hands of Dali but will support any sanctions/ boycotts that we organise

Dutchy
17-05-2012, 09:50 PM
I can't understand why people keep holding their hands above this guy's head.

In this case it doesn't matter anymore if he also gives good services to others.
Fact is that there are several cases among NSX enthusiast who were straight up robbed from their money by him. That's just plain wrong.

Question is do you want to keep supporting a guy like that

Ask yourself.... Would you be the friend of the thieve that robbed your family's home more then once eventhough you know the thieve and personally get along with him??
I don't and I feel others of the NSX family should back eachother up in this case. Who knows that will be a wake-up call for him.

nobby
17-05-2012, 09:59 PM
yup, think this is a better idea

Cheers,

James.

nobby
17-05-2012, 10:04 PM
absolutely pointless post to this thread imo :doh:

None of my ancestors were affected by Hitlers actions but I reserve the right to disagree with what he did. Or is that Hitler bashing?

I havent suffered at the hands of Dali but will support any sanctions/ boycotts that we organise

Problem Child
17-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I was merely pointing out the stupidity of your original post as you seem to think we shouldnt bash poor old Dali

nobby
17-05-2012, 10:21 PM
stupid is jumping in without any foundation or based on any experience with the seller

also bringing up hitler in this context is also stupid

and i was merely making a point about using a different method in voicing opinion about a vendor rather than using a permanent warning - read my post again properly!!!

and as for poor old dali ... mj will get on fine without the likes of me ... he is just a business outlet for me; i have no personal ties with the man ... he supplies NSX parts to me thats it!

btw i have just cause to 'bash' mj as you put it, as comms recently has been non existent for me also :(.

I was merely pointing out the stupidity of your original post as you seem to think we shouldnt bash poor old Dali

Problem Child
17-05-2012, 10:27 PM
no Foundation? Must be something in the water over your way!

There are countless examples of him ripping off NSXCB members...thats enough for me, although I agree its a personal choice as some guys have had good experiences of him. I havent been burnt by him and have no intention of becoming his next victim. Having just recently bought parts from the US I am glad that there is open debate about good and bad vendors on the site.

nobby
17-05-2012, 10:33 PM
EXACTLY my point on my original response - OPEN DEBATE!

NOT putting a 'permanent warning' message about a vendor up on nsxcb

Water is just fine here btw

Having just recently bought parts from the US I am glad that there is open debate about good and bad vendors on the site.

Problem Child
17-05-2012, 10:40 PM
EXACTLY my point on my original response - OPEN DEBATE!

NOT putting a 'permanent warning' message about a vendor up on nsxcb

Water is just fine here btw

I think we are in violent agreement, Nobby, about the open debate
As for the permanent warning we'll need to agree to disagree
As for the water over your way I never touch it and only drink the Guinness in the Crown Bar, LOL

Sudesh
17-05-2012, 10:48 PM
This may come across sharp/harsh, but I'm talking about MYSELF on this.

Here is the way I deal with it, and this is MY OWN way, don't need anyone else to school me.

I done the research way back, read all the reviews both good and bad through out the years and all the latest ones, I understand and certainly don't condone what has happened to others, however I make my own decisions and go from there.

If I do get caught some day, then I guess it's my own fault and don't need anyone to say "I told you so" or give me a lecture. That's just my way and it works for me, so please don't anyone take this personally as I'm talking about myself.

But I think what James has said is the best way forward, add a vendors review thread and let people post their experiences, again both good and bad. I would do it slightly different too in that you can't reply to the posts left by members, as it will only turn into lover or hater thread lol

Make it so the individual has their say and that's it, then anyone looking to make a decision can do so without seeing arguments in threads, but rather can read and calculated for themselves what they want to do.

nobby
17-05-2012, 10:51 PM
fair enuff :thumbsup:

jame's suggestion is best way forward

don't drink the black stuff in the North at all not even in the Crown ... leave that tipple till I am down in Dublin etc as it tastes far better in the South :beer:

I think we are in violent agreement, Nobby, about the open debate
As for the permanent warning we'll need to agree to disagree
As for the water over your way I never touch it and only drink the Guinness in the Crown Bar, LOL

Senninha
17-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Hi Umran,

Over 45 days and as you've now learned, Paypal are unlikely to support. However, if you do get them to register yet another complaint against DR he is highly likely to repay your ££ instantly.
Next option is to pursue via the Credit Card company as suggested.
Final option (short of flying out there) is to contact the local sherrifs office I may still have the details. Factually detail the episode and they are obliged to pay him a visit.

HTH helps.

Hi,Guys i ordered and payed for some parts of Daliracing back in March and still havent recieved them! Ive sent him a few emails but no response from him! Im getting quite frustrated now as i needed the parts for the Nsx as im looking to put it up for sale...
Has anyone else had problems with Daliracing?
Ive tried to open a dispute with Paypal who are not interested now as its been over 45 days!

Regards Umran:angry:

PeterW
18-05-2012, 07:40 AM
That seems reasonable and will be as balanced as the posts it .

Great idea. The problem at the moment is that this important information on vendor satisfaction is buried. It needs to be more readily available to occasional readers. NSXCB is a superb forum, but it's not easy to search. Is there a way for satisfaction scores to be kept, as in Amazon, EBay etc, eg with the voting function?

Helping members make informed purchasing decisions would be a great upgrade to an already excellent forum.

Peter

umran9
18-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Hi Umran,

Over 45 days and as you've now learned, Paypal are unlikely to support. However, if you do get them to register yet another complaint against DR he is highly likely to repay your ££ instantly.
Next option is to pursue via the Credit Card company as suggested.
Final option (short of flying out there) is to contact the local sherrifs office I may still have the details. Factually detail the episode and they are obliged to pay him a visit.

HTH helps.

The paypal payment was taken from my debit card! The amount was only around £100, but its more the fact that he has ripped peeps of before and is still openly trading that hurts...
Can anyone else recommend anywhere else as all i need are the door handle fixit thingies? The rest of the bits i will get from my Local Honda Stealer.
We definately should have some info regarding his antics on this forum as we are more vulnerable being overseas!

Umran

scottg
18-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Having read some of his web site and the comments about service, forums and his lack of intent to communicate with his customers e mails or calls I think I would shop elsewhere. If he is so busy it begs the question why dosn't he employ someone to handle the calls and the e mails rather than let people down and take money without supplying the goods. It would appear there is a business oportunity for someone here as it can't be that hard to better his service.

NSXGB
18-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Umran, door handle fix its can be sourced from Science of Speed. They can also supply OEM parts if you need them. The OEM parts from SOS won't be quite as cheap as other Acura dealers in the states but will be cheaper than the uk and you'll only be paying one lot of postage....and you'll receive them!

Dutchy
18-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Or try A.S.Motorsport.... he responds very quick and gets parts in fast. I have bought a bunch of stuff from him the last weeks and he gives good service.

havoc
18-05-2012, 09:07 PM
The only downside to the "supplier threads" is that you'll tend to read lots of negatives and people won't post positives.

That said, Dali DO seem to be the supplier with the most variable reputation. Read that as you will...

The club needs to be careful what is does/doesn't condone though - individual posts are the responsibility of the individual, but a "club position" is probably unwise, legally-speaking. Threads like this are fine...

NSXGB
19-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Prime has a vendor experience area:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

And Of course some Dali stuff...
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154433

gumball
19-05-2012, 08:22 AM
I haven't used these services, the web page has a certain unprofessional/arsy air to it.
Complaints page:
"Has Mr. Dali HURT YOUR FEELINGS?"

Dutchy
19-05-2012, 10:05 AM
To funny... here a the general terms of conditions.. seriously its actually very funny to read.

example:

Dali's work ethic, or why I always get **** in the Forums Even though I am on a 25/8 schedule I still can't do everything. For a couple years I've been blaming it on too much to do and too few brain cells left, excessive earwax buildup, and iron-poor blood, but now I found out the real reason we're tired & cranky here; and it's because we're overworked.(that's me, myself and I) Here’s why:

The population of this country is 273 million +/- a few million illegals.
140 million are retired; that leaves 133 million or so to do the work.
There are 85 million in school, which leaves ~48 million to do the work.
Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government; leaving 19 million to do actually any work.
2.8 million are in the armed forces, which leaves 16.2 million to do the work.
Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for state and city governments and that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.
At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.
Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.
That leaves just two people left to do the work.

You and me.
. . and you're sitting on your butt, at your computer, reading jokes and surfing You Tube..
No wonder I am always behind.

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/info/terms_conditions/terms.cfm#shipping (http://daliracing.com/v666-5/info/terms_conditions/terms.cfm#shipping)

What a donkey...:laugh:

Nick Graves
19-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Scary thing is, that's very nearly an fact!

I find the website amusing and have had good communication from Mark, but that doesn't help poor Umran.

nobby
19-05-2012, 07:22 PM
i have had a few conversations with MJ on email and with regards to politics and economy in US, he is 'clued up' and the stats above would be fairly accurate i reckon.

i think his site is a breath of fresh air, very funny but informative too ... just a pity his services let him down at times ... :no: cause he would be a brilliant source for everyone in the UK ... and before i got 'jumped on' for being 'supportive' still NO comms with me either over past few weeks :upset:

jaytip
19-05-2012, 09:02 PM
for nsxcb to just put up a permanent warning against him is not right as there are a number of owners on here who have had/continue to get decent service from him

Why wouldn't it be right? He is a thief. Just because he doesn't steal off everyone does not make him an ok guy. A thief is a thief. And people should be warned about him.
I think it would be an excellent idea to have a sticky warning people of the possible outcome of dealing with him.

Nick Graves
20-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Occam's razor:

Never assume malice where f uckwittedness is a more likely explanation.

Maybe that ought to be the "warning" about Dali!

WhyOne?
21-05-2012, 08:30 AM

I find the website amusing.... but that doesn't help poor Umran.

I agree - I find always find Dali's site an amusing what to while away 1/2 hour or so.

Maybe all the effort he puts into making his site so entertaining to read is one of the reasons his service is so shockingly erratic?

AdvansCPAP
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
The best way to order with Dali is to only buy what he has in stock (verify with him via email first). I have never had an issue that way. If I had a problem I could always go to his shop direct since it's about 90 minutes away. I did have to return an item once (he has an outside manufacturer make parts too) that did not fit well. He ignored my emails after sending the part back. I simply filed a Paypal complaint (must be in 45 days or less) and I got the refund right away.

Only by parts he has in stock that are brand name, not off brand. Then you will most likely not have any issues.

If you have a problem file a Paypal complaint withing 45 days of payment. This will freeze his account until it is resolved. That is why he responds so quickly to refund you because he needs to have his account open to get funds from other customers.

BTW, his NSX-R parts prices are not current.

jaytip
03-06-2012, 06:58 PM
The best way to order with Dali is to only buy what he has in stock (verify with him via email first). I have never had an issue that way. If I had a problem I could always go to his shop direct since it's about 90 minutes away. I did have to return an item once (he has an outside manufacturer make parts too) that did not fit well. He ignored my emails after sending the part back. I simply filed a Paypal complaint (must be in 45 days or less) and I got the refund right away.

Only by parts he has in stock that are brand name, not off brand. Then you will most likely not have any issues.

If you have a problem file a Paypal complaint withing 45 days of payment. This will freeze his account until it is resolved. That is why he responds so quickly to refund you because he needs to have his account open to get funds from other customers.

BTW, his NSX-R parts prices are not current.
Koni springs,Eibach shocks,both in stock,neither delivered despite me paying for items plus shipping.
Maybe paypal have changed their policy now but i believe it used to be 30 days. 30 days is not a lot of time while you wait for a one man band to get around to shipping them out,then waiting for customs to sort them out.
It is a lot easier when you live in the same country,especially if you only live 90 minutes away.
The best way to deal with Dali is deal with someone else.

AdvansCPAP
03-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Wow, sorry to here. Yeah, I think they changed it to 30 days now that I think about it. If anyone decides to risk it with Dali, then I guess if you don't get a tracking number in one week, just file a complaint. If you don't get a package in 25 days, file a complaint. Don't wait any any longer than that. Or don't deal with him at all like you say.