PDA

View Full Version : JapFest (ChrisFest) 2012 Pictures

Silver Surfer
12-05-2012, 08:28 PM

Here's the first pics..not many focus ones but hope others will add.

Great day and great to catch up and meet members old and new.

SS

Dragonlady
13-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Someone got up to their old tricks after most people left .....

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325/agilandscapes/014v2.jpg

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325/agilandscapes/016-1.jpg

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325/agilandscapes/012-3.jpg

Any guesses as to whom the culprit was????

Although must admit having the NSX's all lined up did seem to gather a crowd :)

Dragonlady
13-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Have to say though my favourite car of the day was Gary's, stunning job.

Unfortunately the picture doesn't do it justice.

Sharon

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325/agilandscapes/019-1.jpg

Sudesh
13-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Would like to see pics of the seats in the black car, is that also a Pre-facelift with facelift conversion?

Dragonlady
13-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Would like to see pics of the seats in the black car, is that also a Pre-facelift with facelift conversion?

It's actually midnight purple, as I mentioned the photo isn't brillant. Yes it is a pre-face lift and a good job done to it. Maybe Gary can put some photos up of his seats.

Sudesh
13-05-2012, 05:00 PM
It's actually midnight purple, as I mentioned the photo isn't brillant. Yes it is a pre-face lift and a good job done to it. Maybe Gary can put some photos up of his seats.

Ah right! Think I recall seeing photos before but it had different wheel. Very nice looking car, interested to see the seats, what rails are used etc.

Papalazarou
13-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Garys midnight purple was fantastic (please no jokes;). Awesome paint match and the clear film was virtually undetectable. Makes me wonder why this colour was never available on later cars.
Just really good to see some well executed mods. Jonathan's centre cubby also looked OE.

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
13-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Ah right! Think I recall seeing photos before but it had different wheel. Very nice looking car, interested to see the seats, what rails are used etc.

Gary has the Pole Positions and modified the OE electric rails to suit...have a search, it was covered a couple of years back I think.

Sudesh
13-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Gary has the Pole Positions and modified the OE electric rails to suit...have a search, it was covered a couple of years back I think.

Thanks Simon, remember it now.

Will hopefully get a chance next year, to go to this event. Just simply no time this year again.

simonprelude
13-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Makes me wonder why this colour was never available on later cars.

It was wasn't it?

Ewan
14-05-2012, 05:38 AM
Not in the UK. The colours available in the MY2003 brochure were...

Berlina Black
Long Beach Blue Pearl
Sebring Silver Metallic
Grand Prix White
Indy Yellow Pearl
New Imola Orange Pearl
New Formula Red (Ascari Red)

Senninha
14-05-2012, 07:01 AM
It was wasn't it?

As far as I know it was JDM only ...

m666 edd
14-05-2012, 08:17 AM
I saw loads of people taking photos throughout the day. Please share :)

Hondaboy
14-05-2012, 09:54 AM
only took a few pics on the day enjoy

Hondaboy
14-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Hagasan
14-05-2012, 10:28 AM
After a rather late arrival courtesy of a puncture at the Reading meeting spot I made it in at 1.30pm!! Thanks to Andy for the loan of his spare which luckily I didn't need. And thanks to Ewan who knew a mobile puncture repairer locally.

Thanks also for all for the kind comments on the conversion I have done to the car. Especially nice to hear from the genuine facelift car owners too....

Unfortunately there has been a spoiler though. I noticed on Saturday evening when got home that there was an issue with the paint on one side near the headlight. I know during the fitting of the clear film the installer was quite energetic in his technique of squeezing out the water. I had to ask him to go gentler. Anyway the stretch of the film near the light area has in my opinion shrunk with the sunlight on Saturday and as the glue is so strong, cracked the paint. The paint was fine before the film and he wouldn't have fitted it with any damage. Obviously I am quite gutted after all the hard work. I didn't paint the car but did all the dismantling and re-assembly etc...a lot of it will now have to be redone :(

So with the paint damage and the puncture I have some serious discussions ahead to rectify everything......

I'm currently looking up to see if the piano is about to land on my head!!

Gary

Apart from that great to see everyone even though I was perhaps a little bedraggled after a 7 hour trip from home to venue!!

Have to say though my favourite car of the day was Gary's, stunning job.

Unfortunately the picture doesn't do it justice.

Sharon

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325/agilandscapes/019-1.jpg

m666 edd
14-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Sorry to hear of yet more bad luck Gary! Hope it doesn't end up being too painful to sort out, nothing worse than re-doing work. Hopefully the reaction your car got will help you persevere.

scottg
14-05-2012, 11:43 AM
After a rather late arrival courtesy of a puncture at the Reading meeting spot I made it in at 1.30pm!! Thanks to Andy for the loan of his spare which luckily I didn't need. And thanks to Ewan who knew a mobile puncture repairer locally.

Thanks also for all for the kind comments on the conversion I have done to the car. Especially nice to hear from the genuine facelift car owners too....

Unfortunately there has been a spoiler though. I noticed on Saturday evening when got home that there was an issue with the paint on one side near the headlight. I know during the fitting of the clear film the installer was quite energetic in his technique of squeezing out the water. I had to ask him to go gentler. Anyway the stretch of the film near the light area has in my opinion shrunk with the sunlight on Saturday and as the glue is so strong, cracked the paint. The paint was fine before the film and he wouldn't have fitted it with any damage. Obviously I am quite gutted after all the hard work. I didn't paint the car but did all the dismantling and re-assembly etc...a lot of it will now have to be redone :(

So with the paint damage and the puncture (caused by the blade at the film installers which slowly worked it's way into the tyre over about 100 miles) I have some serious discussions ahead to rectify everything......

Gary

Apart from that great to see everyone even though I was perhaps a little bedraggled after a 7 hour trip from home to venue!!

What a shame Gary your car looked great on the day. Good luck with the wrapping guy

TheSebringOne
15-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Great pictures there & glad the weather stayed dried.

Hopefully I will be there next time!

16-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi Gary,

You car looked great on the day! Sorry to hear about the puncture and the clearfilm - I am sure you'll get this sorted :) Hope catch up with you more at SS.

Cheers,

Andy

So with the paint damage and the puncture (caused by the blade at the film installers which slowly worked it's way into the tyre over about 100 miles) I have some serious discussions ahead to rectify everything......

Gary