PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a group buy for SOS clutch hose or damerless kit

Sudesh
12-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm thinking of buying their braided clutch hose kit as I already have the NSX-R damerless joint.

But maybe others would like either the braided line or their clutch damper delete setup?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/drivetrain_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/damper_delete_hose_kit/

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/drivetrain%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/clutch%5Fhose%5Fkit/

Senninha
12-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi Sudesh,

Puy me down for the replacement braided hose that retains the damper please

Regards,

Paul

Sudesh
12-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi Sudesh,

Puy me down for the replacement braided hose that retains the damper please

Regards,

Paul

Paul can you make this a sticky and we can start a numbers/name list?

1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
Etc
Etc etc

NSXGB
12-05-2012, 07:03 PM
I thought you had one of these already Sudesh?

Put me down for the hose please.

1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. NSXGB
Etc
Etc etc

Sudesh
12-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I bought a hose kit, but wasn't happy with the fitment, so going to try this one as its looks to be finished very well.

Sudesh
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Chris at SoS has said if we get 5 or more, they can offer 15% discount, and would prefer one payment and oe address.

Silver Surfer
12-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Just for the braided hose....2 for me.

1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. NSXGB
4. Silver Surfer - Hose kit
5. Silver Surfer - Hose kit

SS

Sudesh
12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Remember guys there are 2 kits there, Hose kit or the complete setup with damperless joint. Make sure to put down which you prefer........SIMON! lol

Sudesh
12-05-2012, 10:28 PM
You can read more here

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1573526#post1573526

NSXGB
13-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Cheeky, I put in my post that I just wanted the hose kit :)

1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. NSXGB - Hose Kit

SS

duncan
13-05-2012, 02:47 PM
1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. NSXGB - Hose Kit
6. Duncan - Hose Kit

nobby
13-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Sudesh,

if this is of use to me ... stick me down as well! ;)

Sudesh
13-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Sudesh,

if this is of use to me ... stick me down as well! ;)

It's of use to anyone with the rubber hose, similar in a way to chaning your brake hose from rubber to stainless.

But if you also want a better clutch feel, then you can go with the full damper delete kit, I guess this is similar to NSX-R setup. Only reason I just went with the hose is, I already have NSX-R dampeless joint.

So you choose the option and stick your name down!

m666 edd
13-05-2012, 04:10 PM
How much does the type-r clutch pedal cost?

Sudesh
13-05-2012, 04:14 PM
How much does the type-r clutch pedal cost?

Not sure, parts price went up and no idea of the latest price for the pedal.

I have actually ran into an issue with my pedal and going to post info up later to see what others think. Nothing major, more of a spot the difference lol

nobby
13-05-2012, 07:36 PM
1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. NSXGB - Hose Kit
6. Duncan - Hose Kit
7. nobby - Hose Kit

Sudesh
15-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Anyone else?

Dutchy
16-05-2012, 10:30 AM
How come noone is going for the full kit? As I read it correctly that what makes the biggest difference..right? The hose is almost purely for a reinforced line instead of rubber right? It states on SOS that the complete kit is for aftermarket cluthes..and I have an oem clutch.

m666 edd
16-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Put me down for the full kit.

Dutchy
16-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Ok no use for the complete kit with oem clutch as stated by Chris... put me down for a hose kit.

1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. NSXGB - Hose Kit
6. Duncan - Hose Kit
7. nobby - Hose Kit
8. Dutchy - Hose Kit

Sudesh
18-05-2012, 09:39 AM
1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. NSXGB - Hose Kit
6. Duncan - Hose Kit
7. nobby - Hose Kit
8. Dutchy - Hose Kit
9. M666 edd - Full kit

NSXGB
03-06-2012, 06:26 PM
When is the cut off for this?

havoc
03-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Good call - missed this.

1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. NSXGB - Hose Kit
6. Duncan - Hose Kit
7. nobby - Hose Kit
8. Dutchy - Hose Kit
9. M666 edd - Full kit
10. Havoc - Hose kit

NSXGB
03-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Any further discounts now we've reached 10?

m666 edd
06-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Sorry to be a pain but can I be removed from the list. I am getting the damperless joint along with the pedal now.

Sudesh
06-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Sorry to be a pain but can I be removed from the list. I am getting the damperless joint along with the pedal now.

Hi Ed,

Got your PM and replied.

Think we'll leave this until Monday, then start the ordering process to get th hoses sent.

NSXGB
16-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Do you need any money yet Sudesh?

NSXGB
12-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Anything happening with this?

NSXGB
18-08-2012, 07:44 AM
1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. Silver Surfer - Hose kit
5. Duncan - Hose Kit
6. nobby - Hose Kit
7. Dutchy - Hose Kit
8. M666 edd - Full kit
9. Havoc - Hose kit

Sudesh
18-08-2012, 09:45 AM
1. Sudesh - Hose Kit
2. Senninha - Hose Kit
3. Silver Surfer - Hose kit
5. Duncan - Hose Kit
6. nobby - Hose Kit
7. Dutchy - Hose Kit
8. M666 edd - Full kit
9. Havoc - Hose kit
10. Shane

This is going to be updated today with total price from SOS and then request for payment.

Thanks

nobby
19-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I am off to the US next month, so I will do the group buyers a favour and go collect these for everyone with their name down.
if Sudesh can finalise the group deal, happy to collect these for everyone, thus saving some money for everyone on postage costs

NB. I will be expecting the payment upfront once Sudesh confirms it, if you dont pay me i wont be collecting it, so hopefully the 10 people above will be happy with this.

I can take paypal and prefer this, so i can keep track of who paid etc

We will see what the score is when Sudesh finalises with SOS

regards

andrew

NSX 2000
20-08-2012, 08:29 AM
I am off to the US next month, so I will do the group buyers a favour and go collect these for everyone with their name down.
if Sudesh can finalise the group deal, happy to collect these for everyone, thus saving some money for everyone on postage costs

NB. I will be expecting the payment upfront once Sudesh confirms it, if you dont pay me i wont be collecting it, so hopefully the 10 people above will be happy with this.

regards

andrew

Andrew

IIRC if you collect direct from SoS then you will have to pay Local Tax. If SoS send it to the UK then they don't have to charge Local Tax. So you might want to check out how much the Local Tax is to see if you will still save money or not. (I'm guessing you will still need to post most of them from Ireland to UK mainland).

nobby
20-08-2012, 10:15 AM
hi

thanks for this, but hopefully I am buying other bits for my car when i am there :) ... SOS have stated that i pay for some goods to enable the sales tax and after that should be good to go on rest. once i hear from Sudesh and get more info from SOS ... will let you know

if it all goes wrong, group buy should continue as per original post ... but hoping there should be some saving doing this

btw postage is from NORTHERN Ireland (UK) so UK postage rates applies.

Guys its AN OPTION if you want to go down the other route thats fine by me

Sudesh
20-08-2012, 10:20 AM

regards

andrew

I've sent SOS an email for the total price including the discount, and minus the delivery charge.

As soon as I hear back, I'll put it up here.

Thanks Andrew for doing this too, and going out of your way to make room for it.

Sudesh
24-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Price update from SOS

Total is $446.25 for the ten hoses

Thats $44.62 Each

In STG that's about £28.21 each depending n exchange rate. So thinks its only fair to call it £30 to keep Andrew covered

So total from each of the above members is £30.00!

duncan
24-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys that's really great, Andrew could you please PM me [and maybe others] with you paypal enabled email address, unless you've given it elsewhere in which case could you point me in the right direction.
Duncan

nobby
24-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi folks

please PM me for my paypal address and please ensure you select the right payment option so I am not losing out on fees, generally if you have a bank account attached to paypal you or I should not be hit

PLEASE NOTE: I AM OUT OF THE COUNTRY AS OF 9 SEPTEMBER to the 8 OCTOBER 2012 ... if I have NOT received all monies from the people on the above list before 9 SEPTEMBER then you have missed the boat

NO EXCEPTIONS

Andrew

Sudesh
24-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi folks

please PM me for my paypal address and please ensure you select the right payment option so I am not losing out on fees, generally if you have a bank account attached to paypal you or I should not be hit

PLEASE NOTE: I AM OUT OF THE COUNTRY AS OF 9 SEPTEMBER to the 8 OCTOBER 2012 ... if I have NOT received all monies from the people on the above list before 9 SEPTEMBER then you have missed the boat

NO EXCEPTIONS

Andrew

You really need to be knowing now! Because if the full 10 people don't pay, then the price will change as we get a 15% discount for 10 or more hoses.

flyingsniffer
25-08-2012, 08:45 AM
I'll go for a hose kit if there is the option of an 11th or if someone drops out. Paypal at the ready!

Sudesh
25-08-2012, 09:01 AM
I'll go for a hose kit if there is the option of an 11th or if someone drops out. Paypal at the ready!

Yes, not a problem, just PayPal Andrew and it can be picked up from SOS

nobby
28-08-2012, 01:01 PM
hi folks

a number of buyers have already PAID UP ... so thanks

will put up the list later

For everyone else on list or for THOSE interested please PM me for my paypal address and please ensure you select the right payment option so I am not losing out on fees, generally if you have a bank account attached to paypal you or I should not be hit

PLEASE NOTE: I AM OUT OF THE COUNTRY AS OF 9 SEPTEMBER to the 8 OCTOBER 2012 ... if I have NOT received all monies from the people on the above list before 9 SEPTEMBER then you have missed the boat. We need everyone on this list to go for it in order to make the deal go through with SOS

NO EXCEPTIONS

nobby
29-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Folks

Time is running out!

people now paid

1. Senninha
2. Duncan
3. Flyingsniffer
4. Sudesh
5. Nobby (me)
6. Shane
7. Dutchy
8. M666ed (no longer requires the clutch hose so no payment required)

That leaves 2 more people (one has already been in contact) of the original list who has opted for these therefore making the total 10. Once I get these payments we are SORTED. Please note that SOS will up the price if we do not meet the quota originally agreed so please contact me ASAP to get your payment done

Thanks

Andrew

NB please be aware of PayPal fees, please use a bank account or choose the right option when sending me moniespa

nobby
30-08-2012, 11:39 AM
update for today - 2 payments outstanding, yet to hear from 1 person

thanks to all so far who have paid up

Silver Surfer
30-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Paid for the 2 hoses.

SS

Sudesh
30-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks Kare!

That should be the 10 all sorted now.

nobby
31-08-2012, 08:58 AM
update

people now paid

1. Senninha
2. Duncan
3. Flyingsniffer
4. Sudesh
5. Nobby (me)
6. Shane
7. Dutchy
8. SilverSurfer
9. SilverSurfer
10. Havoc

Thanks to the above for a smooth transaction, now its up to Sudesh and me to arrange with SOS. They do NOT open on weekends and I arrive into Phoenix on Friday evening, but trying to sort something out with them

nobby
01-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Quick update - hoses now in my possession; lying in back of SUV sweating in California sunshine :)

UnhuZ
02-10-2012, 01:00 PM
How i wish i have seen this thread earlier to get into this GB too :(

Sudesh
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Quick update - hoses now in my possession; lying in back of SUV sweating in California sunshine :)

You'll be depressed for months when you come home lol

nobby
18-10-2012, 07:47 PM
hello people

first off, let me apologise to everyone on this group buy for NOT being in contact until now. Things have been hectic since I have got back home from 2 sets of holidays - motorbike trip to France and my US trip (10 wedding anni) along with jet-lag, return to work and all those other things which wait till you come back from a blast!

Anyways, the GOOD news, SOS had come good on their promise and arranged to meet up and drop of parts at my hotel destination in Scottsdale AZ, and in the package was 10 hose pipes for this group buy ... PHEW.
The hoses are home with me and what i need to do now is find a bit of time and start getting these things parceled up and ready for posting to you all; therefore I would appreciate a bit of extra time to get this done. I am away this weekend and wont be back home till mid week at least. Then at this point I hope to be able to make a start in reviewing all the Paypal information and getting on with distributing these hoses out to the 10 of you.

So again apologies in advance, please bear with me, I will be in touch in due course.

Kind regards

Andrew

Senninha
18-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanx Andrew,

I'm doing several jobs at present so any time in next couple of weeks would be good timing

regards, Paul

nobby
18-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Paul

As stated hope to get these out at some point next week mate.

regards

Andrew

havoc
18-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Not a problem to me Andrew...appreciate you playing courier/postie!

Cheers,

M.

Sudesh
18-10-2012, 08:38 PM
To make things easier for posting, is there any of you guys that meet up regularly? Or live near to each other? This way on some posting rather than sending one at a time, Andrew could send 2/3/4/5 to one address etc.

nobby
18-10-2012, 09:41 PM
good thinking ... that would be super cool ...

Senninha
18-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Andrew,

You can ship Kare, Simon and Duncans to me if you like and we'll sort out the final bit between us ...

Regards, Paul

nobby
19-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Thats great Paul many thanks for offering this to me ... I will get on the ball next week and sort these babies out for everyone

cheers

andrew

Andrew,

You can ship Kare, Simon and Duncans to me if you like and we'll sort out the final bit between us ...

Regards, Paul

nobby
25-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Folks

As promised I plan to commence posting these hoses to all who participated

Much to my annoyance, paypal has NOT provided any information to me regarding your address information in my transaction history.

Therefore could you all PM me your address information, EXCEPT for Kare, Simon and Duncan's as these will be going to Paul's address (I still need yours Paul)

Apologies for this, thought paypal would have suppled me your contact details etc

As soon as i get your addresses I will send the hoses out.

Thanks and apologies in advance

regards

Andrew

NB Actually one address is available, and thats Rob's ... so I will get this out to you today mate

nobby
25-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Bump ... As I need to keep this thread on top to get buyer's attention

nobby
25-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Paul

Who is Simon (username) in your list above?

Andrew,

Regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
25-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Paul

Who is Simon (username) in your list above?

Simon is NSXGB

SS

nobby
25-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks Kare

i just wanted to confirm.

BTW I have your hoses ready to post but awaiting Paul to get back to me re his address as he suggested posting a number of hoses to him to help me out.

regards

andrew

Senninha
26-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Address details via PM

Thanx Andrew

Sudesh
28-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Andrew,

Regards, Paul

Simon is NSXGB

SS

Thanks Kare

i just wanted to confirm.

BTW I have your hoses ready to post but awaiting Paul to get back to me re his address as he suggested posting a number of hoses to him to help me out.

regards

andrew

Guys bit of confusion there I think.

NSXGB, is not on the list, he removed himself from the list as per post #29

nobby
29-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Wee update

Following on from Sudesh's note above (yesterday)

All hoses that needed to be posted/shipped has been completed today - Paul (x4) and Dutchy
Both Rob & Martin's were sent individually last week
Sudesh, Shane and I were all sorted on Saturday

Thanks to everyone for making this a fairly easy transaction and hope you all get your hoses in the coming days, and thanks to Sudesh for arranging the GB with SOS

Regards

Andrew

gumball
06-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Mine failed too late for this group buy, but SOS came through well again, as the kit arrived today, fitted and working well. :)

duncan
10-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Met up with Paul today to collect mine, many thanks to Sudesh and Andrew for their effort and good humour in organising this group buy.
As ever it's the effort put in by forum members that makes difference.
Thanks again,
Duncan

nobby
10-11-2012, 11:43 PM
No problem, glad I could help out and help our wee community where I can

Sudesh
10-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Met up with Paul today to collect mine, many thanks to Sudesh and Andrew for their effort and good humour in organising this group buy.
As ever it's the effort put in by forum members that makes difference.
Thanks again,
Duncan

No thanks needed to me, I just typed up a thread and done a few emails to SoS. Andrew did all the leg work and transporting, one thing is for sure, he makes a good smuggling mule for NSX parts lol no way he was coming home empty handed without some NSX bits lol

nobby
13-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Damn straight ... if i had more cash to spare i woulda bought more!

one thing is for sure, he makes a good smuggling mule for NSX parts lol no way he was coming home empty handed without some NSX bits lol