PDA

View Full Version : 97 Auto Uk car coming up for auction - P60 NSX

mersontheperson
10-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi Guys,

Just noticed that Historics at Brooklands is holding an auction on the 26th of May and this little number is amongst the lots.
Might pop down to see how the auction goes. I am thinking of maitaining a record of every NSX that comes on the market that I can see, just so I can track their values as I think it might take me a while to understand what constitutes good value. As if I do spend this sort of money, I really need to be comfortable that I obtain one with a solid case for appreciation.

There are 4 or 5 I have found on the market currently

First registered in January 1997, this striking HondaNSX was purchased by the current vendor in November2006 from John Banks Honda in Ipswich; the vehicle havingcovered 76,600 miles at that time. During the subsequent24,000 miles the car has been very well maintained,

returning to the supplying dealer for the

necessary service work. Finished in IndyYellow pearl with black leather trim,this automatic NSX is supplied with aV5 registration document and an MoTtest certificate valid until 8th November2012. A modern supercar and one thatlooks as attractive today as it did when
launched 20 years ago.

Sudesh
10-05-2012, 02:52 PM
It's also a targa, 100.420 miles

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page/167176/1997-honda-nsx/

nobby
10-05-2012, 03:34 PM
looks nice for a 100k'er

ADASDIDAS
11-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I went to look about that last Historics at Brooklands auction in February, which was at the Merc centre next door (worth a look anyway) but the auction bods wanted £25 to get in (access is only with a catalogue - £25)!!!! Because I wasn't bidding I didn't bother watching - ended up going round the Brooklands museum - again worth £10 admission fee.

Setanta
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM
This sold for 14,950 at auction and is now being advertised now on pistonheads for 19,500 along with some drivel that he will increase it by 10,000 if he finds proof that Eddie Jordan was the first owner.

Would be interesting to see if this is a private seller as, if not, he is in breach of the pistonheads advertising rules.

nobby
02-06-2012, 09:44 AM
why is it a very very reluctant sale then if only just picked up??

the EJ stuff is quite frankly hilarious ... adding that money to the ask price ... wise up!

Sagacitas
02-06-2012, 04:26 PM
I drove the Eddie Jordan NSX (this well could be it) a number of years ago. Cambridge Honda had it on the forecourt and they let me take it for a test drive. Wonderful car. At the time it is less than £25k and the dealer knew full well that Eddie Jordan was a previous owner.

While the car, if it is still as I remember it, is one that I would love to own the new owner sounds like someone I wouldn't want to buy a car from. :(

AR
02-06-2012, 06:51 PM
I drove the Eddie Jordan NSX (this well could be it) a number of years ago. Cambridge Honda had it on the forecourt and they let me take it for a test drive. Wonderful car. At the time it is less than £25k and the dealer knew full well that Eddie Jordan was a previous owner.

While the car, if it is still as I remember it, is one that I would love to own the new owner sounds like someone I wouldn't want to buy a car from. :(

It does sound like someone who "loves and pleasures" themselves a little too much!

markc
05-06-2012, 11:01 AM
It does sound like someone who "loves and pleasures" themselves a little too much!

That would be the average car dealer then :D

NSXEE
12-06-2012, 12:15 PM
 Hi guys

I'm the owner of the car. I'm not offended or being defensive at all - forums are a great thing - but as a fellow enthusiast I had to reply and cheer you all up. I'm a private owner and also not a fan of dealers, as they tend to overprice nice cars in the market.

Unfortunately 2 days after I bought it I found I have to move abroad, hence after trying every avenue to take it with me or store it, I am finally selling.
I've had multiple Hondas and I've looked for an NSX for years and this was the best by a country mile - it genuinely is magnificent and has been really pampered. Ignoring the mileage (still relatively low) and the rarer specials it is probably the best in the UK. It is the Cambridge car too I think, but really don't have the time to do the history checks for the Jordan thing, so not promising anything to anyone. The colour is pretty divisive but I think it is brilliant and adds a bit to the theate of the car.

Re the price and value, the price I put it up for it what I thought it was worth. Also I’m sure you’ve sold cars before - they rarely sell for the advertised price after negotiating, and generally the higher you advertise the more tirekickers who can't actually afford to buy it you cut out (I sold my lovely old 911 993 for less than it was worth and had 58 viewers – 58!!). Finally, the car was sold after the auction to me - the price mentioned reflects the final bid plus fees, it doesn't reflect the true price paid so not the bargain it looks. I think these are appreciating and fast as I was willing to pay well over £20k for the right car, with this car I do think the buyer has got a absolute bargain here. Anyways, it is pretty much sold so no ulterior motives - hope to get in another and write again here.

p.s. when I land on the other shore my first mission will be get an NSX... but at current exchange rates paying at least twice what I have advertised this for

p.p.s. would recommend the brooklands auction for a day out too - its an amazing location and they're really nice and professional people

p.p.p.s. the main attraction for me was insanely low running costs for a supercar and this one proved it - if any of you guys do not own and are debating it you could run one of these for less than a Prius and make some money when it appreciates.

Cheers

mjames75
12-06-2012, 02:17 PM
 Hi guys

I'm the owner of the car. ....it is probably the best in the UK

Hi, fair play to you, although i wouldn't say it probably is the 'best in the uk', there are alot of owners on here who spend so much time and effort restoring theirs to showroom standard......just my opinon. Always find when you advertise, stating 'best in the uk' really opens you up for a good knockdown in price, as im sure most NSX enthuasiasts will find a few small defects...but hey, if it is the best in the uk, good luck with the sale

Senninha
12-06-2012, 04:27 PM
mjames75,

F16 NSX-04 Formula Red NA2

Is this the plate on the NSX? If yes, then very clever choice of plate ...

regards, Paul

mjames75
12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
mjames75,

regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

it is indeed :-), although I need to actually mount the plates on the car still, glad you noticed :-)

Not normally a fan of private plates, but had too....

Mike

Ewan
13-06-2012, 06:36 AM
:: Sold via pistonheads ::

TheSebringOne
13-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Now theres not a single NSX for sale on PH!

Ewan
14-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Any idea what happened to Andy's old red Auto (911 BOE I think the reg was?) - that had been hanging around for a while at a price that should have been snapped up...Also, Autotrader still has 3 NSXs for sale - the same yellow 100k one from here, the "Jordan special edition" (sic) yellow, and Craig Donnelly's old ex-Jag roll cage silver car. I've no idea why people advertise on Autotrader and not PH. Last couple of ads I've put on both, AT got a few ratty and cheeky offers, but PH had a raft of serious enquiries. And it's free.

Alf Tupper
14-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Good choice indeed. I toyed with the idea of F16 NSX a few years ago. Decided not to in the end as I quite like the fact that not many people recognise the car as an NSX.

mjames75,

regards, Paul

scottg
14-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Any idea what happened to Andy's old red Auto (911 BOE I think the reg was?) - that had been hanging around for a while at a price that should have been snapped up...Also, Autotrader still has 3 NSXs for sale - the same yellow 100k one from here, the "Jordan special edition" (sic) yellow, and Craig Donnelly's old ex-Jag roll cage silver car. I've no idea why people advertise on Autotrader and not PH. Last couple of ads I've put on both, AT got a few ratty and cheeky offers, but PH had a raft of serious enquiries. And it's free.

I agree about the responce on Pistonheads but all ads are paid now although considerably cheaper than Autotrader and the navigation is so much better.

mjames75
14-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I agree about the responce on Pistonheads but all ads are paid now although considerably cheaper than Autotrader and the navigation is so much better.

With Pistonheads if you joined before they started charging for ads they will still be free for original members :-)

scottg
14-06-2012, 11:52 AM
With Pistonheads if you joined before they started charging for ads they will still be free for original members :-)

That's not been my experience James, I paid to advertise my Ultima before I bought my NSX and the only option was a apid ad having been registered for over 5 years?

nobby
14-06-2012, 01:52 PM
regardless of having to pay ... ph is still a great outlet for selling proper car's

autotrader is living on its past glories ... their service is nothing new and they charge a fortune for it. :no:

ph and local services is how i shift vehicles now ... never look at autotrader BUYING or SELLING

Papalazarou
14-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I rarely look at AT. But then I never look at practical cars or vans and that seems to be their staple audience. Reminds me of the days when the photographer came round and took a picture. then it appeared in something called a magazine!

Cheers,

James.

drmikey
14-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Well i was the one who ended up buying the car (from the guy who bought it from Brooklands 3 weeks ago)

I bought it for a customer/colleague in the netherlands. He wanted a yellow F matic so ultimately the car is worth how much someone is prepared to pay for it! Not sure about the sellers story but at the end of the day I looked at the car - not how much he paid for it or why he was selling.

It wasnt a "mint" car but very clean and a lot of history. Has had a blow over with a few skims of filler in places (but then its a 15 year old car and not many havent!) but no accident damage. Mechanically very clean and tidy. 1 hour test drive didnt throw up any issues. Used a borescope to examine those hard to see places and nothing untoward. Drove faultlessly and the F matic is pretty neat (never diven one before). Few signs of the highish mileage - gas lifters tired, leather seat with wear patches (since replaced with a nice one I had), slight leak from rocker cover.

Off to Holland next week!

Unregistered
14-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Makes a change from sending them to HK ....

Hope the new owner enjoys it ...

pralognan
16-06-2012, 06:56 AM
I bought Andy's old car which seemed good value after trying two others,the "jordon" and the "ebay".I'll be at silverstone and look forwardto meeting people and seeing 29 other NSX's!

Ewan
16-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I bought Andy's old car which seemed good value after trying two others,the "jordon" and the "ebay".I'll be at silverstone and look forwardto meeting people and seeing 29 other NSX's!

Congratulations! That always looked like a tidy NSX, and I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing all the other variants in one place :)

NSXEE
19-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Hope the new owner in Holland enjoys the NSX - I didn't meet you but my girlfriend said you were lovely and she'd certainly trust R-motion as a company. We had a few uhappy people calling in the following days wanting to pay the full asking price or more, so as you say a car worth what people want to pay. I'd certainly have clung onto it if I could.

Another week and we're Australia bound... have already started looking for an NSX on those shores but pretty hard to find and not cheap when I do.....!

p.s amazing the interest in the car but would confirm what has been said re PH, Autotrader and eBay. PH seems to attract a better class of people with more realistic expectations, and i've only ever sold my old cars though there despite using all 3.

See you on the other side guys

Rdevelopments
23-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Well i am the new owner from Holland, very happy with it! Great car, and special thanks to Mike @ R-motion!

scottg
23-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Well i am the new owner from Holland, very happy with it! Great car, and special thanks to Mike @ R-motion!

Enjoy your new toy:D

AR
23-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Well i was the one who ended up buying the car (from the guy who bought it from Brooklands 3 weeks ago)

I bought it for a customer/colleague in the netherlands. He wanted a yellow F matic so ultimately the car is worth how much someone is prepared to pay for it! Not sure about the sellers story but at the end of the day I looked at the car - not how much he paid for it or why he was selling.

It wasnt a "mint" car but very clean and a lot of history. Has had a blow over with a few skims of filler in places (but then its a 15 year old car and not many havent!) but no accident damage. Mechanically very clean and tidy. 1 hour test drive didnt throw up any issues. Used a borescope to examine those hard to see places and nothing untoward. Drove faultlessly and the F matic is pretty neat (never diven one before). Few signs of the highish mileage - gas lifters tired, leather seat with wear patches (since replaced with a nice one I had), slight leak from rocker cover.

Off to Holland next week!

Did you check the fuel lines by the filter and the HB?