PDA

View Full Version : NSX Wanted!!

firthy09
24-01-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm looking for an early NSX manual. Mileage not important. Condition and Service History very important. Looking to spend in the region of £15.5k. Currently driving an S2000, this would have to be sold first or taken in p/x.

Any advice or suggestions greatfully received.

You can contact either by sending me a pm, or by email on:
ali@thevibe.freeserve.co.uk

Cheers

Firthy.

Greybloke
24-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi, another "upgrader" :D welcome.

I'm sure you will find something on your budget, maybe someone here? It may however take some time to find the right one. Good luck.

I doubt you will regret the change, I didn't 8)

firthy09
24-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the support.

Fingers crossed (Maybe toes too!!)

simonprelude
24-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Take a look on autotrader, at the moment you may be a little shocked as to what there is out there.

I'm looking for an early NSX manual. Mileage not important. Condition and Service History very important. Looking to spend in the region of £15.5k. Currently driving an S2000, this would have to be sold first or taken in p/x.

Any advice or suggestions greatfully received.

You can contact either by sending me a pm, or by email on:
ali@thevibe.freeserve.co.uk

Cheers

Firthy.

firthy09
24-01-2006, 12:02 PM
I've spoken to the seller of the one on autotrader which fits the bill (looks like a good one!).

I'm also seeing a vehicle this weekend (not so sure about this one as it might quite a bit of work doing to it).

Still on the look out though.

Paul G
24-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi,

Have sent you a PM

Cheers

PG

Papalazarou
24-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi Firthy,

just had a look at AutoTrader and it doesn't look good for choice; just some autos and what looks like a very clean but expensive early manual. The one in Wales looks reasonably priced though but not sure what it's like condition wise.

good luck,

Cheers,

James.

P.s, make sure everything works!!

firthy09
25-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Cheers for the advice.

I've spoken to the seller of the vehicle in Cardiff, he says that car is spotless and has full service history. The only drawback is that it's done over 90000 miles. Do people think that is too much for a '94??

Firthy

HondaHoward
25-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I know I'm biased because I'm trying to sell my 66k 1993 FHC, but I'd be wary of owning any car which goes through the 100k psychological barrier whilst in your ownership. I know it means nothing mechanically, but cars are an emotional purchase IMO.

Other opinions?

simonprelude
25-01-2006, 12:36 PM
For the money you are saving, the mileage these cars should be capable of and the choice of other cars available I wouldn't be put off. The most you could lose on deprecaition is of course £16k as that's all the car is costing you.

Check the service history carefully, at that age it should have had 2 cambelt changes so far.

I would take that car over the 1991 for sale at £26k as the low mileage is not a concern for me, but for a purist they may prefer the 1991 as it probably doesn't come with PAS as it was either an option or not available, not sure on that year, the deciding factor on my purchase was colour so ??

Look at the car (look at others as well) and decide on that basis.

firthy09
25-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the advice.

I'm in contact with the seller, and I think I'll be arranging a visit.

Firthy

AR
26-01-2006, 01:18 PM
I've seen it is only two miles from my house. I gave it a pass on the paintjob, cosmetics and mileage, but it was £ 18.995 back then! When are you coming over to see it?

Cheers

AR

firthy09
26-01-2006, 01:38 PM
I've just spoken to the seller.

Apparently somebody put a £1k blind deposit on the car this morning.

I was supposed to be seeing the car early next week.

They said that they'll let me know if the situation changes.

Doh!!

I'll keep looking and see what turns up.

AR
26-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Don't feel too bad that car has a lot of things that are not 100% right with it and it will take a lot of money to put it right.

BTW It was the one at performance marine right.

AR

firthy09
26-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Correct.

What was up with the car?? On paper and pictures it looked good..

AR
26-01-2006, 07:42 PM
This just my opinion, so yours or anyone elses might be different, without any more preamble, here it goes:

1-Not a very good respray on some panels and the others left untouched.

2-The driver's seat bolster was quite wore and they tried to repair, stain it with some black dye and it looks ok until you open the door.

3-The exhaust pipes were painted black in an attempt to cover up rust.

4-The rear lights had condensation and had holes drilled on the edge to let the water out.

5-The car would not start, apparently it had not been started in a few days.

At that point I simply lost interest in that car and moved on.

Good luck with your search

AR

Papalazarou
27-01-2006, 05:03 PM
It just shows you how careful you have to be when you buy one of these cars, especially when you consider the cost of some repalcement parts (which reminds me, anyone got a front nearside ABS sensor?).

Seriously though, I wish I'd taken an expert NSX owner with me when I bought mine.
Luckily I got a good one. but because of my lack of knowledge at the time I could have seriously slipped up!
Now I feel very confindent I could tell a good one from a bad one.

Cheers,

James.