PDA

View Full Version : SH Car Sales - 4 sold, 1 still for sale, anyone been to see them?

mersontheperson
09-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi Guys,

Great forum. Only been reading it a week or so, but have already discounted one car for sale by reading some of your expert posts. I know that as a newbie my opinion doesn't really count for much, but I feel that if a trader is trying to sell something which isn't genuine to the one set of people who care more about these cars than anyone else, then they deserve short thrift if their adverts are deceptive.

I just spoke to Jamie at SH Car Sales and he sounded like a decent fellow. Has a 91 auto with 55k on the clock and good service history, which seems at a fair price. I guess that at this age and spec it is fair to say it is not at the most desirable end of the spectrum, but looks a nice car.
Thinking of going to have a look over the next few days and wonderd if you guys knew anything about this particular car or the seller?

Hopefully will come and introduce myself at Silverstone, as I live in a village near by.
Andy
http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=2023719027&width=164&height=124 (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201206448702815/sort/default/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/page/1/radius/1500/postcode/nn128na?logcode=p)
HONDA NSX 3.0 V6 2DR AUTO MATURE OWNER LAST 7 YEARS (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201206448702815/sort/default/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/page/1/radius/1500/postcode/nn128na?logcode=p)

£16,750

1991 (J reg), Coupe
Trade seller, distance: 31 miles
Its on autotrader if you want to look

AR
09-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi welcome aboard, just wanted to say that you or if they catch it before you the moderators, might want to edit your postcode from the link.

Senninha
09-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi Andy and welcome ....

Can you ask Jamie for past owners from the log book ... if this is the car I'm thinking of it will have an individual with the initials DA, or a company name of Dragon. If it does then give me a PM/call for a piece of background on this car

Good luck

regards, Paul

mersontheperson
09-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Many thanks guys, I will try to edit my post when I am not on the iPad tomorrow.
Cheers Paul, I will let you know what I find out.

Alf Tupper
10-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Silverstone is not too far from me. If you fancy a closer look at a NSX, I'd be quite happy to meet up and show you round mine and have a chat about ownership.

Problem Child
10-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Silverstone close for me.Mini meet??

Andy
11-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Hi
The 1991 auto with 55,000 miles on the clock is my old car. Club members will have seen it at Japfest or Gaydon for the last few years. I sold it to Jamie as I moved house and lost my garage. Having kept it as a garage queen for the last 7 years I did not want to leave it outside. In my humble opinion it is a good condition genuine car that I was sad to let go.
Happy to provide more detailed information - please PM me
Andy

pralognan
08-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I went so see this car on thursday last week having seen the yellow "jordan" car and the red "ebay" car on the way down from cumbria.It looked good to me and drove well.The only obvious damage is to the trim where the fuel cap lever is situated.The power steering seemed weak at low speed on bendy roads and the abs is not working correctly with kick back through the brake pedal and variousunpleasant noises. The only other car that appealed to me is the "sultan" car in deepest Irelandwhich was next on the list for a visit. However the good history and sensible mileage with three owners and good original condition convinced me togo for it. So tomorrow I'm picking it up! Lots of good knowledge on this site,thanks for sharing it with prospective owners

NSXGB
08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Congratulations.
Couple of things to sort out but look through the site and all the info is there for you.