PDA

View Full Version : Nsxcb agm

Problem Child
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Is there such a beast?

If not, is there any appetite to have an overnight "do" and a run-out the next day?

I'd be up for it, especially during the summer months. I'd be happy to help organise any event if there was enough interest

Senninha
07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Seconded, you are now organising the 2nd annual get together my friend!! :D

You should speak to Paul (NSX2000) who ran a very succesful 1st annual event that included time at Mugen.

Well done that man ... must be the quickest thing you've done for a while ;)

regards, Paul

Problem Child
07-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Me and my big mouth!
All suggestions/ ideas (and assistance) welcome

Senninha
07-05-2012, 09:34 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You'll do a great job ... use the time at Japfest and SSC to get the Honda UK contacts ... blag some hospitality at a race event of personal NSX 2014 launch party and book it for 6 months time and I reckon you're job done

:beer:

mutley
08-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Any chance it will be anywhere near Inverness, or Edinburgh...................na didn't think so!

I wonder how many miles I have racked up JUST BY going to NSXCB meets?

Jim

Problem Child
08-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I lived in Forres for a while....isnt there a good car museum up your way....might be a good venue

thelimpingwhippet
08-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Tom and Darren McWhirter at the Moray Motor Museum. I've never been to the museum but have raced against quite a few of their cars: they (the cars) are very fast and immaculately prepared. I agree it would be an excellent venue for the North British Chapter.
Bob

nobby
08-05-2012, 10:45 PM
be great if it was further North and possibly into Scotland, would allow us members from NI to potentially get over that bit cheaper with accessible ferry crossings.

you folks down south could use your cars properly then ... for a change :laugh:

+1 along with Jim

Any chance it will be anywhere near Inverness, or Edinburgh...................na didn't think so!

I wonder how many miles I have racked up JUST BY going to NSXCB meets?

Jim

Problem Child
09-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Trying to find a location that:

1) Can take us c50 cars??
2) Is of a nice standard of venue
3) Is equidistant for all
4) Maybe has some nice drives nearby

Lake District maybe?

Dragonlady
09-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Donnington Park has a great F1 museum.

nobby
09-05-2012, 04:50 PM
does not go well with point 3 above :(

Donnington Park has a great F1 museum.

Problem Child
09-05-2012, 05:51 PM
How does this sound for an AGM.....

Lake District
Arrive Saturday
Saturday night Dinner/ Entertainment and Annual NSXCB awards ceremony (voted for by NSXCB members)
Sunday morning breakfast
Drive the Hard Knott Pass...,,one of the most spectacular roads in the UK
http://www.visitcumbria.com/wc/hardknott-pass.htm
September 2012

If there's enough interest I will get some costs etc

mutley
09-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Tom and Darren McWhirter at the Moray Motor Museum. I've never been to the museum but have raced against quite a few of their cars: they (the cars) are very fast and immaculately prepared. I agree it would be an excellent venue for the North British Chapter.
Bob

Is that the one in Elgin? I have driven past it so many times and never went it ( I'm litterally based 6 miles from it)

I think it would be good for a Scottish meet, always talked about but never happened. Most we had was about 6 cars at Callander classic car show a few years back.

Jim

paulc
10-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Jim, can you not get it put in a Herc and flown south??

nobby
10-05-2012, 09:20 AM
+1

could get a few of us over here going to that

I think it would be good for a Scottish meet, always talked about but never happened.

Problem Child
10-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I lived in Forres for a time and played my golf at Lossiemouth but never took the chance to go to the Motor Museum.....Lots of nice driving roads up there too. Inverness to Fort William is beautiful

sunday driver
10-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Look at the Grampian Transport Museum, not far from Aberdeen. It even has a little circuit- great for Photographs.
The blurb says it is available for club meets, and it is close to some of the finest driving roads in the U.K.(and some of the finest Distilleries!)
All the southern contingent can have a nice 5/600 mile drive to get your cars warmed up- only 20 miles away for me !!!:D

thelimpingwhippet
10-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Tom and Darren were based in Elgin but I never visited their museum. I was based in Fife and used to race with them in the 90's in a race series called Historic Ecosse at Knockhill. The rules of the series were - 9 points for passing scrutineering, 9 points for finishing the race and 3 points for winning it! It was also compulsory to contribute sandwiches for lunch for the other drivers. The best grid we had was an F2 Brabham, 3 formula juniors, 2 E types, a C type (genuine), XK120, Tojeiro Jag, Barnato Bentley, Cooper Bristol, 2 Lotus 23's, Lotus Elite (ex Jim Clark) Cooper Monaco, Lotus 11 and assorted spridgets. Happy days.
I get back to Scotland (Edinburgh) twice a year and would be great to meet up at Callender next August. Alternatively if you can hitch a ride to RAF Cosford let me know. I am about 4 miles away.
Bob

Problem Child
22-05-2012, 08:07 PM
I have had a response back from teh PR and Events Manager at Honda UK. SHe has offered us the use of the Honda Institute as a venue for an NSX AGM. Does anyone know anything about what there is at the Honda Institute as I cannot find anything about it on the web other than the fact that it is in COlnbrook (near Heathrow)

I know that we have been looking at somewhere in the middle of the country to make the travel fairer for everyone, but how does the Honda Institute sound as an option?

nobby
22-05-2012, 09:02 PM
not great at all tbh :no:

still think scotland would be nice

WhyOne?
23-05-2012, 06:54 AM
This is somewhere I would very much like to visit, so as long ad I'm in the country, I'd be up for this Geoff.

Problem Child
24-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Not very central though...what does everyone think?

NSXGB
24-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Central enough for me, go for it. :)

Silver Surfer
24-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Go for it x 2

SS

havoc
24-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Honda Institute sounds like a very good idea, except for location for anyone much north of B'ham. If that's the consensus I'll go with it though.

Other suggestion - Donington Collection??? Right by the M1 so easy access for most people...

Hondaboy
24-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a good venue but a bit much for us jocks and paddys to travel to:( I mean I'd really like to come to pick up my award for the whitest nsx:D

Senninha
24-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I like the idea, just a shame on location ...

Would it be poss ofr the Ireland crew to head south then ferry and M4 to Honda?

As for the Scottish contingent .. err, cargo train?

So potential venuw sorted ... when do you need to confirm it?
Need to check out hotels
Need to sort out a drive
Need to sort out alternative entertainment for non drivers

Keep your foot on the gas Geoff!!

regards, Paul

nobby
25-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Ferry travel south is the alternative, but there is a considerable cost with operations out of dublin to holyhead, and that drive down the M4 etc can be a mare at times as well as boring. sailing from northern ireland provides a number of carriers and routes we can sail from with some flexibility on pricing. And then the likes of Scotland (obviously) and North England are easily accessible.

If down London direction appears to be the consensus, sorry but it will price me out of a visit over :( ... be great to get over and meet most of you, Sudesh and I have discussed this but that location for me is just not finanacially viable, and dont mean this in a bad way but if I am heading that direction this year I hope its to a decent track day event at a popular location or i am enroute to the 'ring'.

Problem Child
25-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Venue is always going to be an issue as its not possible to please everyone all the time. It might be that we move this around the country each year.

I am still looking for other suitable venues so all ideas gratefully recieved

havoc
25-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Moving it around, IMHO, is the best bet - you'll never please everyone with a single venue, plus most owners are in it for at least a few years, some are rather more committed than that.

If consensus is Honda Institute this year, then next year make it somewhere north of Manc/Leeds, and the following year do e.g. Donington for us (long-suffering! ;) ) Midlanders!

That said, if we're going to do it properly, maybe we should table an agenda and get those unable to make it to contribute opinions prior???

britlude
26-05-2012, 08:36 AM
maybe we should refer to it as 'NSXCB annual dinner'.... usually car club agms are a painful affair!

NSXGB
26-05-2012, 09:33 AM
+1

(not that I've ever been to a car club AGM before!)

maybe we should refer to it as 'NSXCB annual dinner'.... usually car club agms are a painful affair!

Problem Child
26-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Never had an NSX for dinner....doubt I could eat a full one!

I've heard that the silver ones are really slow to digest? LOL

Problem Child
29-07-2012, 11:01 PM
I met up with Paul at Silverstone who organised the first ever NSXCB annual dinner and he warned me of all the issues. That said he thought it went well. We discussed several ideas.

As I drove back from Silverstone I was mulling over the "how do we get everyone to attend?" conundrum. I thought that the best way to maximise attendance would be to attach our Annual Dinner/ Awards to another major event. So here's the idea......

Why not have the Annual Dinner on the Friday or the Saturday night of the Silverstone CLassic next year? There is a great hotel nearby (2 miles) Whittlebury Park Hotel which has conference/ meeting facilities and it has a motoring heritage as its where many of the F1 racing teams stay when they are in town. It also has leisure facilities, gym, spa and a golf course and there is some nice countryside for drives. It might not be as central as some would like but as got 30 or so cars to the Silverstone Classic. Thoughts?

britlude
30-07-2012, 05:43 PM
depends what bands are playing on the friday/saturday night at the classic......

mutley
08-08-2012, 02:16 PM
OK having read all the post on here (just throwing this idea into the ring).

We can have 2 regional meets, one north one south, and then have the big mega annual get together at japfest/silverstone?

I know the pain and costs of getting to these meets as I have done japfest from Ireland one year and Scotland the next, but my time down at Henlow/Milton Keynes for Silverstone was a lot easier.

.....................i'm guessing I've just landed myself in it for sorting something out haven't I?

Cheers
Jim

Lankstarr
08-08-2012, 03:26 PM
It would be good if the south meeting allowed those from the East and West to meet in a convenient central location, easily accessible from M25, M40 and M4... Possibly even A303 if interested parties from far south West.

I can think of a place nice and central ;-D

L*

m666 edd
09-08-2012, 10:01 AM
It would be good if the south meeting allowed those from the East and West to meet in a convenient central location, easily accessible from M25, M40 and M4... Possibly even A303 if interested parties from far south West.

I can think of a place nice and central ;-D

L*

I really enjoy driving to Hampshire as the roads from the south west are pretty fun. Been straight along the A303 a few times but only once along the A35/A31 in the NSX which is the route I enjoy.

havoc
09-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Makes sense - South meet should be somewhere near the M4, at a guess...outside M25 but not miles so...

North meet - somewhere close to borders, perhaps...certainly up past Leeds...?

...which leaves the Midlands bunch deciding where they'd prefer to drive 3hrs to!!! ;)