PDA

View Full Version : New Battery required

Problem Child
06-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Looks like I need a new battery.

What type do you recommend and can I trust Kwik fit/ Halfords etc etc to fit it? Where should I buy?

Are there any do's and don'ts

Sudesh
06-05-2012, 09:09 PM

What type do you recommend and can I trust Kwik fit/ Halfords etc etc to fit it? Where should I buy?

From some of the recent posts about batteries, it seems a genuine Honda battery is good value and worth purchasing.

nobby
06-05-2012, 10:15 PM
+1

just bought a genuine honda one.

reasonably priced etc etc

From some of the recent posts about batteries, it seems a genuine Honda battery is good value and worth purchasing.

Sudesh
06-05-2012, 11:00 PM
+1

just bought a genuine honda one.

reasonably priced etc etc

Did you get it yet?

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-05-2012, 11:32 PM

Just get the OEM one. No point in getting the aftermarket ones.

Further info here; http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9970-Battery-no&p=92169#post92169
On the box, it says made in France.

Some owners prefers to connect jump battery at the engine bay fuse box before disconnecting the existing battery in order to prevent security system siren being triggered.

Personally, I don’t like that method but if you are doing it, you must take extra caution not to short the posi battery cable to any part of the chassis.

Kaz

nobby
07-05-2012, 09:18 AM
yeah its been in the car for weeks now! :)

Did you get it yet?

Sudesh
07-05-2012, 09:36 AM
yeah its been in the car for weeks now! :)

Good job! You needed it lol

If the weather had of been a bit better today, I was going to call down and meet up with Shane and yourself at the hotel, but it's lashing down here.

L696ULO
07-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Hi Geoff,

As suggested go for the OEM, mine had to come from Belgium so might not be available off the shelf.

Easy to fit yourself, remove spare tyre, then the cradle the spare sits in which held on by 2 or 3 high bolts and 4 nuts under where the tyre sits. That gives you access the the battery which sits in a plastic box. If you Google removing Nsx battery plenty of links to refer to if you need it. The retaining metal strip sits quite close to the terminals so make sure the positive clamp is clear of any contact.

See you at Japfest, Rich

vtecdirect
07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi, I am sure i can supply an oem bettery for around £60 delivered, will check stock and costs tomorrow for you.

Sudesh
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi, I am sure i can supply an oem bettery for around £60 delivered, will check stock and costs tomorrow for you.

HELLO! I though you may have moved on from NSX bits lol haven't seen you post in a while. Hope all is well?

Problem Child
07-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Let me know price. PM me or email on geoffoneill1201@gmail.com

nobby
07-05-2012, 03:41 PM
LOL!! Not great is right but better up here in Fermanagh

Must give him a shout of he is still interested in calling

Good job! You needed it lol

If the weather had of been a bit better today, I was going to call down and meet up with Shane and yourself at the hotel, but it's lashing down here.